Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone explain the Moss reversed call?

Rypien1191

The flag at the beginning of the game was Roughing the QB I believe.

The Moss fumble call reversal, well I was at the bar too. From my perspective, the play was SO CLOSE that because the initial call was ruled that Moss was down, it should should have stood as the right call.

It was close, but I thought most angles proved to be inconclusive.

To me it was stretch to say the replay showed definitive evidence to overrule the original call.

The Moss fumble call reversal, well I was at the bar too. From my perspective, the play was SO CLOSE that because the initial call was ruled that Moss was down, it should should have stood as the right call.

To me it was stretch to say the replay showed definitive evidence to overrule the original call.

Were you drunk or was the TV that bad?

On the original play I didn't see the fumble nor did I see it the first replay. As they showed different angles I found it abundantly clear Moss did not hold onto the ball. It was already out of his grasp long before his knee hit the ground. Good hit by Bartell. The first penalty/fumble I missed.

On the original play I didn't see the fumble nor did I see it the first replay. As they showed different angles I found it abundantly clear Moss did not hold onto the ball. It was already out of his grasp long before his knee hit the ground. Good hit by Bartell. The first penalty/fumble I missed.

Ok yeah, I was at the bar & drinking. A few bloody marys in by that time. I am sure my view was hampered, lol.....

How I saw it golston hit Bulger into Orakpo who grab him turned and let him go.

It seemed clear to me that Orakpo grabbed Bulger, spun him around, and threw him to the ground, and it occurred well after the ball was out of his hands. I have no complaint about the call. In the end, it didn't matter anyway. They didn't score on the drive.

Wasn't he ruled down by contact though? Is that not unreviewable anymore?

That's what I didn't understand. They blew the play dead. How can you review that? Did they change the rule?

It was a fumble, but how do you give the ball to the Rams when the play is blown dead and doesn't come to conclusion? A Rams player did pick it up, but he stopped while standing up because the whistle was being blown. Who's to say he doesn't fumble it while getting tackled?

They made the right call. They also made the right call on the penalty that negated our fumble recovery. They ALSO made the right call not calling PI in the end zone on the incompletion to Randle-El.

In short, the refs contributed in no way to our struggles today.

On the incompletion, they made the right call on the pass interference, but they missed the call on holding or illegal contact. Campbell threw it away after Randel El was held.

I thought the roughing the passer was cheap, but could see how it was called.

Archived