Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russ Grim made the list of preliminary nominees Class of 2010 Pro Football HOF

bishtw

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pro Football Hall of Fame Announces Preliminary Nominee List

The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced the list of preliminary nominees for induction as part of the Class of 2010.

Some of the notable first-year eligible names:

Gary Anderson, K

Tim Brown, WR

Rich Gannon, QB

Eddie George, RB

Jerry Rice, WR

Aeneas Williams, CB/S

Finalists from 2009 who are up for nomination again are: Cris Carter (WR), Dermontti Dawson ©, Richard Dent (DE), Russ Grimm (G), Ray Guy (P), Cortez Kennedy (DT), John Randle (DT), Andre Reed (WR), Shannon Sharpe (TE), and Paul Tagliabue (NFL Commissioner)

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2009/09/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces.html

I still don't think Grimm will be able to get in this year. There's a max of 5 non-Seniors committee guys in a given year.

Also, this blog post misses an important name. Who else is a first-time eligible candidate? Emmitt Smith. I mean I hate him, but how do you ignore him as a "notable" name?

Smith and Rice are about as 1st-ballot locks as you can get. Sharpe and Carter will likely get in this year as well. That leaves one spot for everyone else.

I still don't think Grimm will be able to get in this year. There's a max of 5 non-Seniors committee guys in a given year.

Also, this blog post misses an important name. Who else is a first-time eligible candidate? Emmitt Smith. I mean I hate him, but how do you ignore him as a "notable" name?

Smith and Rice are about as 1st-ballot locks as you can get. Sharpe and Carter will likely get in this year as well. That leaves one spot for everyone else.

I think Carter will get canceled out by Rice, but if Sharpe makes it it still only leaves two spots. Hopefully Grim won't have to wait to long. We can't even begin to talk about other guys like Jacoby and Bostic til Grim gets in.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pro Football Hall of Fame Announces Preliminary Nominee List

The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced the list of preliminary nominees for induction as part of the Class of 2010.

Some of the notable first-year eligible names:

Gary Anderson, K

Tim Brown, WR

Rich Gannon, QB

Eddie George, RB

Jerry Rice, WR

Aeneas Williams, CB/S

Finalists from 2009 who are up for nomination again are: Cris Carter (WR), Dermontti Dawson ©, Richard Dent (DE), Russ Grimm (G), Ray Guy (P), Cortez Kennedy (DT), John Randle (DT), Andre Reed (WR), Shannon Sharpe (TE), and Paul Tagliabue (NFL Commissioner)

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2009/09/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces.html

Gary Anderson, Rich Gannon and Eddie George dont have much of a shot to get in at all. Great players, but I dont think they are HOF. Anderson is a HOF kicker, but you know the hall dont like Special Teamers in there so good luck

Grimm deserves being in the HOF, as does Jacoby. But two things stand in his way: 1. He's a Redskin and 2. He's an offensive linemen.

We've already seen how the media despises the Skins. Unless it's blatantly obvious they're voting in people with less talent and character (Irvin vs. Monk), you're not going to see a Redskin garner a majority of votes.

As far as being an OL: The media only see OL when they screw up. The media think just like Vinny, that the game doesn't need offensive linemen and any fat guy off the street could play the position. Result: every year you see one OL and a plethora of RB's, WR's and QB's. That one in 2010 is not going to be Russ Grimm, no matter how well-deserved.

Bank on it.

• 2 months later...

Jerry Rice, WR LOCK

Ray Guy (P) - should definitely be in

Russ Grimm (G) - should definitely be in

Cris Carter (WR) Has enough friends in the media to slip in

Shannon Sharpe (TE) probably gets in

Richard Dent DE probably deserves it

John Randle (DT) could make it

Paul Tagliabue (NFL Commissioner) made the league rich and avoided strikes. Could see it happening, since this is a very weak class

Aeneas Williams was great, but should he really slip in ahead of, say, Lester Hayes?

Archived