Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are You Getting The Swine Flu Vaccine?

KingGibbs

Katie you have to get it though right ? Is it an OSHA requirement ?
Are you required to?

You know, I'm not sure about it being a requirement, especially an OSHA one. Good question though. I haven't (that I know of...and I haven't checked my email in forever) recieved any notification from my program about it being required.

While everyone has the potential to be exposed to and contract this disease, I work with higher risk populations and am more likely to be exposed, especially with my upcoming projects overseas.

Anyhow, I am not qualified to recommend anyone get this vaccine or not to, that is something each person definitely needs to talk to his/her physician about.

Anyway, regardless if I was required to get this or not, I, personally, would be getting the vaccine.

How about you guys? What are your thoughts?

Have fun in the concentration camp.

You think I'm in that camp? sorry, not the case.

I've always been against the flu vaccines (all of them, not just swine flu). It's a huge roll of the dice to me. Most of the time its a simple waste of time since they cannot accuratly predict what strain it is.

I tend not to put anything into my body unless I absolutely have to.

I believe in health freedom.

Cant someone have legitimate objections to an untrustworthy and possibly worthless vaccine without being wrapped into a conspiracy theorist bundle?

How about you guys? What are your thoughts?

I went to the doctor's office just yesterday and they had masks and sanitizer outside of the office door for people. I asked a friend of mine who works in the dental field about it and she told me that they were having a meeting about it and their office might require it. I haven't spoken to her since the meeting though.

I read that the H1N1 vaccine will be in short supply initially, and that the people in the medical field will be the first to get them.

If true, I would suggest that people just get a regular flu shot until it is readily available.

Weird thing for me is the my immune levels are through the roof as well as my pain tolerance. I just dont get sick. If my friend suggests that I get it I will, but otherwise, what's the point.

You think I'm in that camp? sorry, not the case.

I've always been against the flu vaccines (all of them, not just swine flu). It's a huge roll of the dice to me. Most of the time its a simple waste of time since they cannot accuratly predict what strain it is.

I tend not to put anything into my body unless I absolutely have to.

I believe in health freedom.

Cant someone have legitimate objections to an untrustworthy and possibly worthless vaccine without being wrapped into a conspiracy theorist bundle?

Na man. That wasn't a crack at you. Sorry if it came across that way. I just quoted you because you were the first one to reply. It was just a joke about that one video.

I'm actually with you. I don't think I've ever had a flu vaccine and have no intention of getting one this year.

not sure yet. i hate getting sick, but i don't like the idea of flu shots personally. the strains constantly mutate, and you can't be sure wether a flu shot will prevent you from getting sick anyway.

i hate thinking about getting injected with that which you are trying to stay protected from, even if it is only a small amount in order to build a tolerance.

Na man. That wasn't a crack at you. Sorry if it came across that way. I just quoted you because you were the first one to reply. It was just a joke about that one video.

I'm actually with you. I don't think I've ever had a flu vaccine and have no intention of getting one this year.

Ahh! Thats better! Thanks!

(I didnt see the video, so I'm not sure of the context)

Thanks for clarifying!

Archived