Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Sellers Contract Extension

Skinz248

To me Williams is a project and doesn't fit the mold of a FB let alone a WCO FB. I hope I'm wrong and we didn't blow a pick on him.

why is that? I was thinking that with his pass catching abilities he would be more of an asset to the WCO. But I'm no expert.

I agree completely. I just wish Carlos could learn to catch one of these days. I think if he ever does get an INT he will be so suprised he wouldnt know what to do with it though.

He drops a lot of passes but at least that means that those passes are broken up. Carlos doesn't get burned and is good enough in coverage against bigger receivers to earn a contract. I'd love to see Rocky return too.

why is that? I was thinking that with his pass catching abilities he would be more of an asset to the WCO. But I'm no expert.

He's a bit on the small side both in weight and height. Never has been a FB and wasn't very fast coming out of college. A WCO FB is really a strange beast; you need to be able to catch like a WR, block like a TE and run like a tailback.

This is basically to shut his trap. We will most likely draft his replacement within the next 2 years.

Was he making a stink about this? The news today is kinda out of left field and reading that Vinny declined to comment after the news hits makes me wonder if that was the real reason? I'm not 100% sure if I like this signing at all to be honest. Mike Sellers failed last year in his attempt to be a short yardage back. He is a good blocker and made the probowl but after seeing hybrids like that fool up in Baltimore I have to openly question if this was good for the team long term or if it was money we threw away? Why even draft that FB this year if were going to do that? Sometimes the moves on the team don't make sense to me

It appears "he presented his case for more money directly to Daniel Snyder".

I'm not sure that's the way things should really work. Isn't that why we have other lines of responsibility between the players & the owner ?

Good for him' date=' anyway.[/quote']I'm not sure there are other lines of responsibility, as involved as Snyder is.

And yeah, that would be another problem of ours.....:(

I agree that we better have money to lock Carlos Rogers and Rocky up. They will both get paid as free agents if we don't. Carlos has stone hands but is considered a good corner. I didn't realize how much respect he gets across the league until I started listening to national sports radio shows.

He's worth every penny of that, and then some.

:2cents:

It's not like the guy has shown any signs of slowing down. Some guys stay effective well into their 30's. Mike Sellers seems to be that type. My bet is he sticks around for another two years or so then retires after Shanahan takes the skins to the big dance:D.

Archived