Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell: ‘There Is Only So Much a Leader Can Say and a Leader Can Do’

JetSkins

It's unrealistic to expect Jason to do such lofty things as get 15 TD's in a season or figure out where the LoS is.

I know your kidding but this makes me sad to know not think that some posters here would agree with you and think 15 TD's in a single season is too much to ask from any Redskins QB :(

Its not unrealistic to think that a player can correct mistakes he's made in the past. Fumbling was a problem he was supposed to have fixed, well you can't say he fixed that if he's still doing it can we? How about throwing the ball three yards past the line of scrimmage? Even the rookies know that you can't do that. I don't see any progression out of Jason and maturity and that's the problem with him. We've seen the best out of him and it's not good enough

until he's able to run this offense without handcuffs i don't think we've seen everything out of him

Because so many of them have come out publicly saying they want him to get a new deal past this season.

everybody, including Jason's grandparents knows he has to prove himself this year before any talk about money starts ...

jason might be "dumb", "slow", "spineless", "a robot", "lifeless" the Lindberg baby's kidnapper, the starter of the Great Chicago Fire, a puppy killer, and any other monsterous thing you can think of ...

but he is not a "follower"

he is the leader of this team.

now you all may not like it, but its true.

:hysterical: someone plz post a link to where he said this.

i'm not doubting, i just want to see it with my own eyes.

for the 20th time,

Campbell was particularly upset about his fumble late in the first half: I spoke to Campbell for a few minutes after the game and there were two plays he definitely wanted back. On the fumble that Umenyiora returned for a touchdown' date=' Campbell said he was in the process of checking down to one of his running backs when he felt the ball poked away. He said he was upset because he didn't sense that anyone was around him.

"It was a play where we were trying to get a down-the-field shot and the defense took it away, so by the time I'm trying to wait for my pass and get out so I can hit my check-down, they made a great play on the ball," Campbell said. "I guess as the quarterback, you just have to feel it a little bit more and slide up in the pocket and prevent that."

Campbell also was upset with himself that he checked into a running play on a third-and-8 in the second half. He said he lost track of how many yards the Redskins needed and that he should have checked into a pass play. [/quote']

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/index/_/count/16

heres where you killed me.

you have no idea what the redskins players think. and anything they say to the media is scripted. they cant come out and say "the guy isnt a leader, nobody thinks hes good". they have to say the typical "hes good, hes our guy, blah blah".

cmon man, you know better than to say something with nothing to back it up.

I guess all the interviews with players saying Campbell was their leader was just lies then?

Or various media people covering the team saying the team was behind Campbell, are lying also.

They don;t have to say anything. Chris Samuels proved that point not too long ago when stating Campbell was on a short leash. Of course, I should also point out a player being on a short leash with management doesn't mean they aren't/can't be a leader.

everybody, including Jason's grandparents knows he has to prove himself this year before any talk about money starts ...

jason might be "dumb", "slow", "spineless", "a robot", "lifeless" the Lindberg baby's kidnapper, the starter of the Great Chicago Fire, a puppy killer, and any other monsterous thing you can think of ...

but he is not a "follower"

he is the leader of this team.

now you all may not like it, but its true.

He has the "C" on his chest, that's true.

That's about the only part where I can agree with you.

If anyone on the team really had that much confidence in both his leadership and technical abilities, we'd have heard about it by now. Guys would be lobbying to keep him. All we hear so far is the chirping of crickets.

I heard it live as well and just like everything other time I see or hear him think, just grow some balls and take some blame for a change. Obviously I can't wait until he is out of a Skins uni.

He did take some blame. He specifically noted that he was pissed that he turned the ball over, and was yelling at himself for it.

or remember the down and distance. fuutball beez tuff mayn.

wow, not saying that it's racist, but that certainly looks like it, you may want to consider editing.

Yeah, that wasn't good. But he did admit it, and I don't think that is a "routine mistake." His occassional hesitation in the pocket is a routine mistake, and one he needs to continue working one, or he's gone.

I guess all the interviews with players saying Campbell was their leader was just lies then?

Or various media people covering the team saying the team was behind Campbell, are lying also.

They don;t have to say anything. Chris Samuels proved that point not too long ago when stating Campbell was on a short leash. Of course, I should also point out a player being on a short leash with management doesn't mean they aren't/can't be a leader.

no one is coming out in his support. nobody. you dont hear portis on the john thompson show going "man i dont know why he aint locked up yet" or cooley blogging about "man the front office really needs to lock up campbell". there isnt any support, other than when guys are asked about it, they give the generic "hes our leader, were behind him, blah blah". thats just reading the script they know they have to say.

youre well aware of the history of QB contracts. guys dont go into the 5th year of their rookie deal if theyre the guy. if they had any inclination of keeping him, theyd have paid him more than cleo lemon last year.

Its not unrealistic to think that a player can correct mistakes he's made in the past. Fumbling was a problem he was supposed to have fixed, well you can't say he fixed that if he's still doing it can we? How about throwing the ball three yards past the line of scrimmage? Even the rookies know that you can't do that. I don't see any progression out of Jason and maturity and that's the problem with him. We've seen the best out of him and it's not good enough

Man i seen Eli fumble the ball, and I seen Trent Edwards yesterday throw a pass past the line of scrimage scrambling just like Campbell so stop exaggerating like it doesnt happen. I see if Campbell does it every play back to back, but somtimes it happens when a qb is scrambling and trying to trick the Def. into thinking will he run it or throw it? :chair:

wow, not saying that it's racist, but that certainly looks like it, you may want to consider editing.

Yeah, that wasn't good. But he did admit it, and I don't think that is a "routine mistake." His occassional hesitation in the pocket is a routine mistake, and one he needs to continue working one, or he's gone.

im gonna reserve myself from exploding at you, but if you think thats a racist comment you have a problem.

talking in internet dummy language by no means insinuates a racist comment. my god dude.

It is completely BS, horse S and every other animal S comments like this one that destroy threads and rehash the same arguments repeatedly.
CP is a beast and barring injury will cointinue to be one for several years. I would take hiom over anyone in the NFL today and any back the Redskins have had the past 25 years.

enough said.

Archived