Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell: ‘There Is Only So Much a Leader Can Say and a Leader Can Do’

JetSkins

no one is coming out in his support. nobody. you dont hear portis on the john thompson show going "man i dont know why he aint locked up yet" or cooley blogging about "man the front office really needs to lock up campbell". there isnt any support, other than when guys are asked about it, they give the generic "hes our leader, were behind him, blah blah". thats just reading the script they know they have to say.

youre well aware of the history of QB contracts. guys dont go into the 5th year of their rookie deal if theyre the guy. if they had any inclination of keeping him, theyd have paid him more than cleo lemon last year.

I didn;t see all of them clamoring for Cooley's extension, nor Rogers.

Where did this new found faith in the FO come from? Is it only because they agree with you on this issue? Normally you berate them as terrible and making poor decisions.

Man i seen Eli fumble the ball, and I seen Trent Edwards yesterday throw a pass past the line of scrimage scrambling just like Campbell so stop exaggerating like it doesnt happen. I see if Campbell does it every play back to back, but somtimes it happens when a qb is scrambling and trying to trick the Def. into thinking will he run it or throw it? :chair:

His fumbling problems are well documented. If you disagree then check out his stats in his rookie year here. Mistakes will happen but the real mistake is fans like you not expecting more out of our starting QB. It takes time for a QB to develop but he's had more then enough chances here and he's not matured and improved enough. Troy Aikman was winless in his first season as a starter and by his third season already showing what he could do. Aaron Rogers sat down for years until he was given an opportunity and then was perfect last season with his TD to INT in the redzone ratio. Brady Quinn has shown more potential to take over games then Jason Campbell ever has. And the list of better, younger QB's is a long one. Stop making excuses for Campbell soup. Enough is enough. Expect your QB to produce and mature as the seasons go on. Give them an honest evaluation and compare them to there peers. If you do you'll see that Jason is a failure as an NFL starting QB and the seasons best shot at the playoffs is with Collins running the show, not Jason.

Who is handcuffing him? why do you say this?

did you watch the game and see the play calling?

zorn is. he ran 7/8 times on 1st down for a combined total of 4 yards.

you know what his response to this play calling was? "Well you would have liked it if would have worked"

i expect to see the same crap this week.

"Until their final drive, which produced their only offensive touchdown, the Redskins would see eight first-down calls in the final two quarters. They ran on seven of them. Their gross yardage on those seven mad dashes: four yards.

Sequentially, the runs went this way: 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, -6, 0. That doesn’t leave the play-caller with the options he’d like on second down. Or third down."

DeAngelo Hall plays a bad game and in his post game interview he puts the blame squarely on himself. He even said that on his int that he was beat and that LL made a great play on the ball, which allowed him to make the pick. He looked and sounded genuinely disgusted with himself.

JC on the other hand, gives a backhanded apology (re: fumble/td) saying "I guess as the quarterback..." Right after he says the Giants made a great play there. As a fan, I'm still not sure he thinks he did anything wrong. "I guess as the quarterback? Is he sure?

Where did this new found faith in the FO come from? Is it only because they agree with you on this issue? Normally you berate them as terrible and making poor decisions.

cooley knew he was getting locked up. rogers wont be here because he wants money we cant give because we gave it to hall. and locking up a QB is 10x more important than a CB or TE.

new found faith? because i agree with one call they make? just because they usually make dumb moves doesnt mean they cant be right from time to time. the FO has made plenty of poor decisions, id like to think we can all agree on that, this however happens to be one i agree with.

Cooley got extended early and was only drafted a year before Campbell. No one is claiming Rogers to be a leader. There have been just as many question marks about him, but he did have a very, very good game Sunday.

did you watch the game and see the play calling?

zorn is. he ran 7/8 times on 1st down for a combined total of 4 yards.

you know what his response to this play calling was? "Well you would have liked it if would have worked"

i expect to see the same crap this week.

The problem is you don't see the reasons for this. Zorn has worked for years with Jason Campbell and decides that his best chance for winning is to run the ball instead of letting Jason throw it. The play calling might be suspect but the reason Zorn does that is he himself has no faith in Jason Campbell. He is the closest person to him and he doesn't trust him. That's not handicuffing him in my eyes, that's him saying you are over estimating Jason's abilities. Zorn is fighting for his job too and needs wins just as much as Jason does if not more and he is going to game plan as best he can to WIN. Zorn doesn't handcuff Jason unless it's to limit the opportunities for Jason to make mistakes

It is tough to read his thoughts. It is hard to read his thoughts.

I was amused at his notion that he doesn't get on guys when the camera is on him because some people might say that he got on people because the camera was on him.

Another great quote: "Lots of times I was on people a lot yesterday."

This other quote is a classic: "One time I even got on my own self."

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/09/15/jason-campbell-‘there-is-only-so-much-a-leader-can-say-and-a-leader-can-do’/

I'm really beginning to understand him. I really am. You know, it's kind of like a brotherhood.

The problem is you don't see the reasons for this. Zorn has worked for years with Jason Campbell and decides that his best chance for winning is to run the ball instead of letting Jason throw it. The play calling might be suspect but the reason Zorn does that is he himself has no faith in Jason Campbell. He is the closest person to him and he doesn't trust him. That's not handicuffing him in my eyes, that's him saying you are over estimating Jason's abilities. Zorn is fighting for his job too and needs wins just as much as Jason does if not more and he is going to game plan as best he can to WIN. Zorn doesn't handcuff Jason unless it's to limit the opportunities for Jason to make mistakes

Well, Zorn can stick with the pound 'clinton portis to the left' strategy all he wants. He's just setting himself up for more failure than he would if he let Campbell go out there and sling the ball around on 2nd and 1st down on occasion.

Well, Zorn can stick with the pound 'clinton portis to the left' strategy all he wants. He's just setting himself up for more failure than he would if he let Campbell go out there and sling the ball around on 2nd and 1st down on occasion.

Wasn't it Zorns job to make Campbell into an NFL QB? If he fails its a reflection on him. Maybe he's doing this to show Jasons not as bad as he is. Or say Jason goes out there and throws a pick 6? Now you take a game that is close and blow it wide open and out of reach and it's Jason's fault. Zorn's got no motivation to make Jason throw on first down like you want him to unless he thinks Jason can get the job done and if that's missing you will definitely see more of that next week

Archived