Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The radio host made a very good point.

blue collar

From my vantage point, the Redskins offense plays to the first down sticks (or the goal line). It's like an imaginary wall beyond which the offense doesn't want to function.

It's the offense of a) someone who believes that his offense executes so well and is so much better than the opposing defense that it can routinely go on long, time-consuming drives; B) someone who is seriously overmatched as an offensive coordinator; or c) someone who doesn't trust his passing game.

Take your pick. I can't believe Zorn is so delusional as to believe that a) is true. That leaves B) or c) (or some combination).

From my vantage point, the Redskins offense plays to the first down sticks (or the goal line). It's like an imaginary wall beyond which the offense doesn't want to function.

The wall isn't imaginary. There is a real wall there created by the defense.

And we did breach it a few times in the first half. I don't know what happened to Zorn's playcalling in the second half, tho.

It's the offense of a) someone who believes that his offense executes so well and is so much better than the opposing defense that it can routinely go on long, time-consuming drives; B) someone who is seriously overmatched as an offensive coordinator; or c) someone who doesn't trust his passing game.

Take your pick. I can't believe Zorn is so delusional as to believe that a) is true. That leaves B) or c) (or some combination).

I think it's a combo of b and c, with it being a little more of c than b. I mean when the second play is a WR pass and when your down on the goaline and don't take a single shot into the endzone, that tells me you don't trust your QB.

I think it's a good point. There were several points in a game where it looked like a player could have fought and pretty easily have gotten a first down, but instead ducked out and just stopped the play. Randle El looked to have done this a couple of times where he looked like he was pretty satisfied with his eight yards and went to the ground well before the defender got there.

Archived