Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth is Worth the Money

ThePreciating

Dear Moss,

Instead of describing your fight and style of punches you threw on the sideline, get with your QB and discuss ways to get open...

Sincerely,

An idiot who foolishly paid for Redskins merchandise that helps pay your salary.

I'm very conflicted on this. I like when we play smart, but I don't have a problem with Santana smacking someone around Hines Ward style. Santana is a tiny guy, and I think he was trying to make a statement that he'll fight as hard as anyone else. In game 1, we can use it for our benefit for the rest of the season.

If it keeps happening, then it's a problem. If his production doesn't match his attitude, then it's a problem. Right now, no problem.

Haha. I can't believe people are defending Hall. That might've been the worst game from a starting DB that I've ever seen. Even on his pick he was beat. Landry (who also sucked) made that happen. D Hall just got lucky to be four steps behind the receiver to catch the deflection.

Definitely happy with Haynesworth though.

Haha. I can't believe people are defending Hall. That might've been the worst game from a starting DB that I've ever seen. Even on his pick he was beat. Landry (who also sucked) made that happen. D Hall just got lucky to be four steps behind the receiver to catch the deflection.

Hate to say it, but you're right about Hall. I think Landry played dumb, but still played hard. Hall played like an absolute bum. He'd be in danger of losing his job if Landry didn't bat him the free pick.

Andre Carter did have a sack, a pass defensed, a forced fumble, and a couple solo tackles. That's not too bad against the Giants' OL.

Fat Albert was great against the run. Unfortunately he didn't generate much pass rush. Last year the Titans had pass rush studs up front like Vandenbosch. Someone else has to step up(earth to Andre Carter??).

Yea he did look really good, Hall looked terrible.

My roommate is a big Hall-hater, and he mocked me heartily when Randy Moss abused Deangelo in the preseason.

I said you're crazy! Deangelo Hall will NEVER go up against big guys like Randy Moss - that's for Carlos to handle. We got Hall to cover the DeSean Jacksons and Steve Smiths and Chad Ochocincos of the league.

Then last night happened. Not only can Hall definitely not cover the good Steve Smith, but apparently he can't even cover the bad one.

I wanted to defend Hall, but I couldn't. He showed no flashes of ability or talent. The pick should be credited to Landry.

Luckily, the uncapped year is coming, so he doesn't have us over a barrel. Unless he makes dramatic improvements, he'll be cut immediately upon expiration of the current CBA.

I'm glad Hall put the blame on himself, but it's time to put up or shut up regardless of who's at fault.

Of course Big Al was worth the money. I could see him dominating the whole game. I just get mad because this whole season the media is going to be all over Haynesworth saying "I didn't see him make a play" when that's not the case. The fact that the giants ran away from him the whole game shows his worth. Anytime you can force a team to alter what they want to do just for one player that to me demonstrates a players value. But if our defense fails to capitalize, Haynesworth will be criticized as being a "disappointment."

For example, Matt Mosley says he didn't see Al make a play or have an impact but yet he credits London Fletcher for being outstanding and credits the Redskins Defense for making a goaline stop. Mosley fails to acknowledge the fact that maybe Hanyesworth's impact has made it easier for London Fletcher to make more plays....Also he didn't seem to see that Haynesworth was the player who made the tackle at the goaline.....I just have a feeling that whenever the Defense fails to look impressive its going to be linked to Haynesworth not doing his job, which is just stupid....

I'm very conflicted on this. I like when we play smart, but I don't have a problem with Santana smacking someone around Hines Ward style. Santana is a tiny guy, and I think he was trying to make a statement that he'll fight as hard as anyone else. In game 1, we can use it for our benefit for the rest of the season.

If it keeps happening, then it's a problem. If his production doesn't match his attitude, then it's a problem. Right now, no problem.

That fight was the only sign of life I got yesterday from Moss. I think it is a problem. The option play that El lost 11 yards on, the replay from the endzone camera was horrible for Moss. He was covered and he just quit on the play. No fight, no trying to get open, he saw he was covered and just quit.

Kind of like that terrible over the line of scrimmage from Campbell...Moss was passive and got ***** slapped as the defender out hustled him and took the ball.

How many other plays did Moss give up on over the course of the game that were off camera? I would say it is a huge problem, and most likely a complete attitude problem. Hell, he just got shut down completely by the worst DB's in the NFC East. No excuse for any kind of attitude, or for that terrible showing on the field.

For all the crap we give Campbell, another ongoing discussion is that our receivers never get any separation. Is it because they quit on plays? If it is, we have a huge problem because our best receiver, who should be showing the young guys how it's done, is the biggest culprit of quitting.

I could be completely wrong here, I don't have the ability to go to games and see what happens out of the camera's eye, but I have a suspicion I'm not.

I was at the game up close and watched Haynesworth very closely. He is FAT -SLOW and OUT OF SHAPE and no spark on the sidelines..he sat ny himself..he spit after each play! Too see you people defend him is a joke. DeAngelo Hall is another joke......NO MORE EXCUSES REDSKINS (AND FANS) . GOOD TEAMS WIN THE BIG ONES...THE REDSKINS WERE SCHOOLED ON SUNDAY!!! ANOTHER LOSS TO A DIVISION RIVAL....

Haynesworth who got a little winded from time to time was still a beast, he made Eli beat us with his arm and he did just that with quite a bit of help from our DB's. I expected Rogers to have a bad game not Hall, Smoot will make one play and give up two. Got to have better play from the secondary as a whole from tackling to covering they got to pick it up.

The only problem with Landry was him trying for the big hit too much, other than that he played great, and i support Hall, think he will bounce back well next week.

Haynesworth was fine yesterday. Didn't help that the Giants beat the Redskins in TOP by something like 12 or 13 minutes, so the defense was on the field for most of the game. Giants have arguably the best all around o-line in the league and they had a smart game plan to deflect Haynesworth around the plays they were trying to run. Titans did the same thing to Casey Hampton last Thursday night. Just good coaching and scheming, can't blame that.

Hall on the other hand- people expecting any different than how he's been his entire career just missed the boat. Yeah, he played a few good games last year when he knew he was going to get a new contract.

Welcome to Me-Angelo Hall. Get picked on for half the game and maybe come up with an interception so he can talk about going to the Pro Bowl. Meanwhile people are talking about letting Carlos Rogers, our own outstanding 1st round draft pick, walk out the door rather than pay him.

3-1-WAS 11 (8:30) 44-A.Bradshaw right tackle to WAS 11 for no gain (30-L.Landry, 59-L.Fletcher).

3-1-WAS 3 (:04) 27-B.Jacobs left tackle to WAS 3 for no gain (59-L.Fletcher, 23-D.Hall).

4-1-WAS 3 (15:00) 27-B.Jacobs up the middle to WAS 3 for no gain (92-A.Haynesworth, 48-C.Horton). WAS-92-A.Haynesworth was injured during the play.

3-1-NYG 28 (8:16) (Shotgun) 27-B.Jacobs up the middle to NYG 23 for -5 yards (48-C.Horton).

Against the probably the best run blocking unit in the league, with maybe the biggest RB in the league running behind it. Pretty amazing. I know our defense didn't play as well as we expected, but I don't think a defense in this league can do this to the NY Giants.

We were weak on the edges with the large cushion our CB's were giving. If we can fix that the no team will be able to run against us period.

Fletcher was everywhere, making plays in the backfield and in the middle of the field. Carter was disruptive at times. Albert is makes everyone around him better. Very pleased with his first game.

Archived