Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth is Worth the Money

ThePreciating

Tuck was the best Defensive lineman out there yesterday. The Giants were directing Albert to the backfield on run plays and running right by him. He was in the backfield but the runner was behind him most of the time. Did he push the pocket on passing plays? yes did he collapse the pocket? No. Eli didn't face any pressure all day except maybe once. Al did look tired out there as well but that will come around. He played well but he didn't play like the best defensive player in the league.

BS they directed him in the backfield. They CONSTANTLY ran the other way. What do you expect AH to do? Turn into a 250 LB and run to the opposite sideline?

I'm wondering how many who posted in this thread watched the line play and know anything about football.

AH was an absolute beast. Penetration throughout, fighting double teams and making tackles, stopping consecutive short yardage plays (if memory serves correct, he single-handedly stopped the 4th-and-1).

He rotates like all of the D linemen rotate. That's Blache's philosophy: rotate and keep fresh. Do people expect AH to operate at 100%, being double-teamed almost every play, for all 36 minutes the D is on the field? Please.

I'm wondering how many who posted in this thread watched the line play and know anything about football.

AH was an absolute beast. Penetration throughout, fighting double teams and making tackles, stopping consecutive short yardage plays (if memory serves correct, he single-handedly stopped the 4th-and-1).

He rotates like all of the D linemen rotate. That's Blache's philosophy: rotate and keep fresh. Do people expect AH to operate at 100%, being double-teamed almost every play, for all 36 minutes the D is on the field? Please.

Exactly. And for everyone that says that 92 was just ok, but that Fletcher was awesome, how do you think he was free for all those tackles if Haynesworth isn't eating up blockers? Yes Fletch is good, but the way this defense is designed is for the tackle to eat up the blockers and have the middle linebacker make the tackles. It worked to perfection because 92 was doing his job.

Now, what were the other 3 defensive linemen doing while 92 was taking on multiple people. Where were the blitz calls that would have Orakpo pressuring the QB?

Tuck was the best Defensive lineman out there yesterday. The Giants were directing Albert to the backfield on run plays and running right by him. He was in the backfield but the runner was behind him most of the time. Did he push the pocket on passing plays? yes did he collapse the pocket? No. Eli didn't face any pressure all day except maybe once. Al did look tired out there as well but that will come around. He played well but he didn't play like the best defensive player in the league.

I only saw that happen one time, granted I could have missed some. Most of their successful runs were outside runs. I thought Al and all of the DT's did a great job. It's nice to be so strong up the middle on defense. But the rest of the defense better catch up.

Exactly. And for everyone that says that 92 was just ok, but that Fletcher was awesome, how do you think he was free for all those tackles if Haynesworth isn't eating up blockers? Yes Fletch is good, but the way this defense is designed is for the tackle to eat up the blockers and have the middle linebacker make the tackles. It worked to perfection because 92 was doing his job.

Now, what were the other 3 defensive linemen doing while 92 was taking on multiple people. Where were the blitz calls that would have Orakpo pressuring the QB?

EXACTLY! Fletcher has a great chance to make the Pro Bowl this year, and if he makes it, he owes big Albert a couple dinners.

Al played well but he didn't strike fear he didn't get as much as a hurry. He drew a double team oooooooo haha. This is getting thrown out too much every team has 5 Offensive lineman facing 4 defensive lineman. You people don't think Tuck,Vince Wilfork,Darnell Dockett,Ratliff,Griffin in 05,Trent Cole etc....etc... draw double teams????? Al didn't stink it up he played like a very good DT but he didn't dominate and come out like the best defensive lineman on the field yesterday. He can play much better and will have to. He needs to beat a double team a few times a game and at least get a hurry or a hit on the QB. He needs to blow up more run plays. They didn't run outside all game they ran up the middle quite a bit. I give him his due on short yardage though he held the fort down.

I agree. DHall looked bad but he seemed to be very disappointed with himself. I think he'll get some of that corrected. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

I wish some other players (on the offensive side) had this attitude and just own up, they played a bad game. Honestly, I think D. Hall will turn out to be a good signing by our FO, and fans will see that later in the season. He will create the much needed turnovers this Defense has been looking for.

AH is a freak of nature and played very well.

Didn't D Hall have a pick...Wow ..I'm very new..however..players do make mistakes...One game...ONE FREAK'N GAME......

HTTR...I luv this team...even when they Loose...I luv em more...

BTW..how many tackles London Flech had...?

Dude!!!! Fletch is a true beast!!!!!! he had like 14-15 tackles.....plus that big hit on Jacobs. Dude is constantly overlooked.

Haynesworth was garbage. A big, fat, lazy, waste of talent.

You know who's worth the money he's getting? Lorenzo Alexander, that's who. London Fletcher, that's who. Reed Doughty...

Damn you Danny and damn all the people that bought into this crap once again.

:rubeyes:

Jacobs would've gotten that TD LAST season.

Haynesworth played well. Nothing special, though.

And that's the problem. He is being paid like he is special. And his play was not. It was good, but not great.

It's a problem of margins. Did Haynesworth do more than Anthony Montgomery did in the first game last year? Yes. But was he $100 million better? Or $40 million guaranteed better? I don't think so.

Look at our rivals: Fred Robbins for the Giants or Jay Ratliff for the Cowboys get just as much pressure and are as disruptive as Haynesworth was yesterday. And they cost a mere fraction of what we are paying Haynesworth.

He did not earn his pay, and in fairness to him, he probably couldn't. Because it was STUPID for us to pay him that much.

If he played 16 games like the game yesterday, he would not sniff consideration for Defensive POY.

The offense hurt the defense as much as anything. Failure to move the ball out of their own territory and poor time of possession kept the defense back on their heels. The skins only had four offensive plays in the first quarter. Despite the play calling and QB play the defense kept us in the game. AH did his part.

But yes the bonehead penalties (offsides, late hits) have to stop.

The Skins Miss Marcus Washington ...really ...Orakpo's Name was rarely called

Orakpo was in on that sack with the force fumble I think they gave the sack to someone else though and that interception was partly Orakpo because he forced Eli to throw that eratic pass

I think we will be fine considering most of their points came off of results of turn overs. If we can eliminate those we win. The defense has some work to do but we did play the Giants in NY.

I really liked what I saw from AH. Considering he's drawing double teams and still getting through, he's doing his job. The others around him need to step it up. Carter was visible, we just need to put BO opposite of him and lets see what he can do.

The offense wasn't incredible but we moved the ball. I'm still not a fan of JC and Zorn but it will work itself out one way or another. I couldn't help but think what could have been if we had picked up Sanchez yesterday. He looks awesome and Jason still looks the same as he did for 3 years now.

Props go out to the OLine yesterday. I'm still not sold on our line but they gave Jason a lot of time and protection yesterday with the exception of the 3rd down all out blitz parties.

Hunter Smith?? This guy is awesome. Haha we've been missing a punter like this for years now. Good pickup.. :P

The thing that pisses me off are the stupid penalties that we continue to draw. Landry hitting Jacobs out of bounce? Come on.. that's just plain stupid and he should know better. I believe DH had one of those stupid penalties as well. It seems to happen at least 1-2 times a game from these two. I don't see Horton doing this and he plays just as good as them. Someone needs to smarten them up.

Every time Haynesworth was in, the Giants had no where to run. He is well worth the money, however there were alot of times where Haynesworth wasn't in and I knew immediately they'd run for 5-6 yards. It was like clockwork.

He gets the job done. Very good signing. Now we need a SAM backer, Orakpo at DE and a free safety that actually does his job instead of trying to be a walking highlight reel and missing most of his tackles.

If you don't think AH lay like a beast yesterday you where watching the wrong game. Never once did they run his way always to CG direction or a pitch to the outside. Second the reason we got no pressure last year was because our entire line was blocked one on one with a center and RB chip as added help. Yesterday we got good pressure just nothing behind it considering we have a TOP Flight secondary. DH played like he was wearing silver and black a few more performances like that he'll be cut again. For some reason I believe the DB coach needs to be called to floor as well. I tell you this, for the mistakes JC, and DH made yesterday they all can be worked out. The DB's need to man the F up and stop with the pillow type cushion, JC needs to just his game up. Thank GOD we don't play the best DL every week! HTTR

If you don't think AH lay like a beast yesterday you where watching the wrong game. Never once did they run his way always to CG direction or a pitch to the outside. Second the reason we got no pressure last year was because our entire line was blocked one on one with a center and RB chip as added help. Yesterday we got good pressure just nothing behind it considering we have a TOP Flight secondary. DH played like he was wearing silver and black a few more performances like that he'll be cut again. For some reason I believe the DB coach needs to be called to floor as well. I tell you this, for the mistakes JC, and DH made yesterday they all can be worked out. The DB's need to man the F up and stop with the pillow type cushion, JC needs to just his game up. Thank GOD we don't play the best DL every week! HTTR

He busted through his block and ran the runner down every play I watched him. He cannot be blocked. I've seen guys in college that dominate, but rarely in the NFL.

Too bad we can't get a QB. That is the one piece we are missing, that... and a #1 receiver who can play with his head in the game and cares less about how he looks and trying to come across as smooth.

Dear Moss,

Instead of describing your fight and style of punches you threw on the sideline, get with your QB and discuss ways to get open...

Sincerely,

An idiot who foolishly paid for Redskins merchandise that helps pay your salary.

Big Al proved it. NO MATTER WHAT BIG AL DOES THE MEDIA WILL HATE ON HIM AND THE SKINS. When we beat the Rams next week Sunday, people will still hate on us. The Skins are not as good as the Giants right now. The only thing I'm hoping for is that Zorn/JC start laying it all out! JC has to get over his fear of throwing INTs in the endzone from two seasons ago and make it happen.

This Love/Hate Relationship is Brutal

Archived