Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Albert Haynesworth is Worth the Money

ThePreciating

I was at the game up close and watched Haynesworth very closely. He is FAT -SLOW and OUT OF SHAPE and no spark on the sidelines..he sat ny himself..he spit after each play! Too see you people defend him is a joke. DeAngelo Hall is another joke......NO MORE EXCUSES REDSKINS (AND FANS) . GOOD TEAMS WIN THE BIG ONES...THE REDSKINS WERE SCHOOLED ON SUNDAY!!! ANOTHER LOSS TO A DIVISION RIVAL....

It's a ROAD DIVISION GAME.

See my last post to 0mega. The same goes for you.

If you're criticizing Haynesworth after that game, you clearly don't have a good grasp of football. Not everyone is expected to understand the impact of a dominant defensive lineman (although I'm not sure how you miss two forced turnovers), but if you're coming here to yell at people, you better know what you're talking about.

In the mean time, bone up on your reading here. If you look carefully, you'll find some very smart posters. I have confidence that you'll make educated comments in the future. Hail to the Redskins!

It's a ROAD DIVISION GAME.

If you're criticizing Haynesworth after that game, you clearly don't have a good grasp of football. Not everyone is expected to understand the impact of a dominant defensive lineman (although I'm not sure how you miss two forced turnovers), but if you're coming here to yell at people, you better know what you're talking about.

!

1) Yeah ...it was a divisonal road game.........,so what?

2)Seems to me your're the one who doesn't have a clue about what a"dominant defensive lineman "can do ....or should do,for the money Haynsworth did nothing!

3) Haynsworth had nothing to do with the turn overs.

2)Seems to me your're the one who doesn't have a clue about what a"dominant defensive lineman "can do ....or should do,for the money Haynsworth did nothing!

1. It was a division road game. What do you mean "so what?" Do you watch football?

2. Haynesworth did nothing? Like the third and short stop? Or the fourth and short stop? Or forcing Jacobs to run to the outside? Or collapsing the pocket? Or forcing Eli into throwing a pick? Or allowing Carter to face single-teams off the edge? Again, it's not that you're an idiot, but you're commenting on things you clearly don't understand. That rarely comes off as intelligent.

3. Haynesworth had nothing to do with the turnovers?!?!? WHAT?!? Have you heard of forcing a QB into a quick decision? How about letting Andre Carter see single-teams instead of double-teams?!?!?

Dude, you mean well, but there's no way you, I, or anyone else can take your comments seriously.

....................he was only one of what 5 tacklers,spin some more.

Tacklers?!? On the fourth and short?!?

Dude, you are really embarrassing yourself. The defensive line's job on short yardage situations is to collapse the Center (and maybe even the guards) back into the quarterback to disrupt the handoff or allow a linebacker to get into the backfield behind the line of scrimmage.

Please, just stop!

I think that because of the contract that he got, we automatically (and perhaps unfairly) expect him to do something EVERY play. I would guess that every time he stepped on the field, viewers paid particular attention to him . . . definitely more than our defensive line used to get. He definitely was disruptive . . . and gave our other dlinemen one-on-one match-ups. Now it is up to Andre Carter and company to actually take advantage of his presence and performance.

Obviously he will not be worth the money if our defense continues to not make plays on third downs and stuff . . . and he will not be worth the money if he doesn't DIRECTLY correlate to more wins . . . but it's far too early to tell his worth.

Obviously he will not be worth the money if our defense continues to not make plays on third downs and stuff . . . and he will not be worth the money if he doesn't DIRECTLY correlate to more wins . . . but it's far too early to tell his worth.

A major criticism of our defense was our inability to create turnovers.

Yesterday, we created two against one of the strongest offensive lines in football.

Turnovers are worth the money. The mere presence of Albert Haynesworth causes turnovers. Albert Haynesworth is worth the money.

It's just logic.

I love Big AL, but as the Giants prove, you win up front. The Giants move the ball because they have a good offensive line. As much as a love Haynesworth, and yes, I even have a Big Al jersey, wonder if the cash would have been better spent dividing the $100 million and signing offensive line?

Per Jason Reid, we're still 5 million under the current cap. That is room that could have gone to signing Jason Brown, the best interior lineman of 2009. I'd have been just as happy with Leroy Hill though since we also don't have any LB'ers. Which FA offensive lineman would you have dumped the dough into?

There was no reason to leave that much room under the cap if there won't be a CBA by 2010. If there will be a CBA, we should use that spare cap to sign Rocky or Carlos NOW.

That fight was the only sign of life I got yesterday from Moss. I think it is a problem. The option play that El lost 11 yards on, the replay from the endzone camera was horrible for Moss. He was covered and he just quit on the play. No fight, no trying to get open, he saw he was covered and just quit.

Kind of like that terrible over the line of scrimmage from Campbell...Moss was passive and got ***** slapped as the defender out hustled him and took the ball.

How many other plays did Moss give up on over the course of the game that were off camera? I would say it is a huge problem, and most likely a complete attitude problem. Hell, he just got shut down completely by the worst DB's in the NFC East. No excuse for any kind of attitude, or for that terrible showing on the field.

For all the crap we give Campbell, another ongoing discussion is that our receivers never get any separation. Is it because they quit on plays? If it is, we have a huge problem because our best receiver, who should be showing the young guys how it's done, is the biggest culprit of quitting.

I could be completely wrong here, I don't have the ability to go to games and see what happens out of the camera's eye, but I have a suspicion I'm not.

I agree 1000%. I wouldn't mind seeing Moss get benched for the Rams game. Lets get a look at our other receivers and try to light a fire under Moss for when we need him. Moss had 2 catches for 6 yards, a penalty for 15 yards, and should be credited with an interception. Somebody needs to go Mike Singletary on Moss' ***.

You know nothing about football. That is the best O line in football. And I saw on 3 plays them TRIPLE TEAM AL. TRIPLE TEAM.

Eli didnt step up in either turnover's case. Why is that? Collapsed Pocket.

AND FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME, its a 40+ Mill Contract. All the other fluff is INCENTIVES.

Chris Collinsworth knows that. Troy Aikman knows that. How come you, as a skins fan, dont know that?

Here is another tidbit. Stafford got 43 Mill guaranteed.

Please direct your disgust at two true targets:

First one:

Dude's first name is Fred.

Dues's last name is Smoot.

Here sure can talk, but ask him to cover ANYTHING and he WILL FAIL.EPIC-LY.

Second one:

In the last seven games, the skins have not scored 1 POINT in the first quarter and are outscored 51-0.

GAME PLANNING. JIM ZORN.

But that 40 mil guaranteed over 5 years to Big Al is WHY WE LOST YESTERDAY! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

He looked out of shape, took to many plays off, the Giants could block him with one man in the first half, he did make some plays in the 2ND half BUT he looked winded after just a few plays. Worth no were near 100 mill.

You're either lying through your teeth or you watched a different game. The only time I saw single-teams on Haynesworth was on pitch outs.

Haynesworth was double teamed almost the entire game... When a big man like that gets double teamed that much, you have to expect that he is gonna need a few plays off every now and then or he will become useless... He is basically pushing around 650+ pounds on every play.

The only thing I wished is that we had dialed up more blitzes to take advantage of the double team...

I loved the one play where he gobbled up Bradshaw and tore his helmet off.

I think he will only get better.

That was awesome. He tackled Bradshaw by his head. It was like some Andre the Giant type of ****.

People are expecting too much of a DT. He's not going to D Ware get 20 sacks a year. He's there to create havoc in the middle, stop the run up the middle, free up the rest of the defense to do what they do. And he did that.

You're either lying through your teeth or you watched a different game. The only time I saw single-teams on Haynesworth was on pitch outs.

He was not consistent no huge plays to collapse the pocket, the running backs still found holes, his stamina was poor, took to many plays off. He looked out of shape, even for someone that big. One more thing he seemed to end up on the ground(on his ass) on a few occasions.

He was not consistent no huge plays to collapse the pocket, the running backs still found holes, his stamina was poor, took to many plays off. He looked out of shape, even for someone that big. One more thing he seemed to end up on the ground(on his ass) on a few occasions.

I haven't been that drunk since the eagles game last year :doh:

Haynesworth is great but he may be over 30 before the Redskins field a team that can beat the Giants. They need to draft pass rushers in the first round for the next 2 years to build up a stockpile like the Giants have.

Teams who pressure the QB go to the playoffs. Teams that don't DON'T.

and it really is that simple.

I agree 1000%. I wouldn't mind seeing Moss get benched for the Rams game. Lets get a look at our other receivers and try to light a fire under Moss for when we need him. Moss had 2 catches for 6 yards, a penalty for 15 yards, and should be credited with an interception. Somebody needs to go Mike Singletary on Moss' ***.
I agree with this.

Moss was completely out of line the entire game- quitting on plays and getting into those dumb fights. He got beat mentally so bad it made an impact on the rest of the offense. Ridiculous behavior from a supposed offensive leader. And we wonder why maybe our younger receivers aren't stepping up.

Rams have a terrible secondary- I'd definitely just go with Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell, and Randle El.

Big Al was stout when he was in there, no doubt about it. disruptive, collapsing, beating double teams to get into the backfield. Was good to see and I want to see more of it. The Giants are tough and have a veteran Oline that has been together for a while.

oh and Thrash is not on this team.

Archived