Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Positives I Can Take Away From This Game" Thread

novaman

I wanted to start a positives only thread in the same vein as the no beeching and moaning gameday thread.....

So here are my positives...

1. The Redskins came away with no significant injuries

2. They covered the spread!

3. They were within a touchdown of winning near the end

4. It appears they are well on their way to securing a very high first round draft choice in next years draft

5. My wife is going to be so pleased that I'm going to be able to have all this extra free time on Sunday afternoons since I won't be watching this team.

1. Run defense was terrific. London Fletcher has shown that this isn't the year he declines and played like an animal

2. ARE in the slot looks like a very natural fit.

These were my two biggies from the game.

Fletcher was a beast today. He was literally everywhere knocking the crap out of anything near him.

ARE looks at home in the slot. He is going to have an excellent year.

Cooley also looked good.

The offensive line look decent against one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL.

Oh, and to the OP, if this was your breaking point, if you're really not watching games anymore, then good riddance. Being a fan isn't a weekly decision.

Zorn is a good, ballsy head coach

Am I going mad, or did the work "good" escape your lips.

You must be using a very liberal, relative definition of the word.

Ballsy is even questionable, and easily replaced with stupid, if you are referring to the decisions that I think you are referring to.

Or...you could be being sarcastic, which I hope. Oh, I hope.

I posted this in another thread but here's my take. I think there were a few good things or rather players in todays game and the main person was London Fletcher. This dude gives %100 on every play. I don't see anyone else playing like this guy on the feild at all. If there was someone else I would say Chris Horton had a good game. He is in on a lot of tackles and in the backfeild alot to. Big Albert wasn't bad but he sure was gassed! Another good thing seems to be Randle El in the slot! Doesn't look like many people will be able to cover him in from the slot. Chris Cooley was solid also. The real surprise is the O-Line. They played great in pass protection considering how we thought they would be. Very happy with the O-Line.

novaman, real redskins fans watch EVERY game.

ARE in the slot looked great... O-line looked good... special teams was solid... these are major positives.

i also like that we have the rams and lions the next 2 weeks... if campbell doesn't AMAZE, then there should be no problem going to collins early in the season... if jason does well, then it should get him in a rhythm and build confidence.

one game is not a judge, but i put this loss on JC... he was his same tentative self and ypu can't be that in the NFL

Oh, and to the OP, if this was your breaking point, if you're really not watching games anymore, then good riddance. Being a fan isn't a weekly decision.

This.

I liked Cooley, Fletcher and ARE. The OL did pretty well considering.

I couldn't watch the game till late what happened with Moss early on?

I wanted to start a positives only thread in the same vein as the no beeching and moaning gameday thread.....

So here are my positives...

1. The Redskins came away with no significant injuries

2. They covered the spread!

3. They were within a touchdown of winning near the end

4. It appears they are well on their way to securing a very high first round draft choice in next years draft

5. My wife is going to be so pleased that I'm going to be able to have all this extra free time on Sunday afternoons since I won't be watching this team.

I refuse to be down on the team. Can I have your skins attire? I will ware it proud. I'll take the season ticks if ya got em.

Similar to last year - and every year - it is damn hard to win divisional games on the road in the NFL. I don't think we played great and the score wasn't as close as the game was, but at the same time you don't look back at this game and say in the grand scheme that we lost alot of ground losing this game.

Much worse if we were like the Cards losing at home to the Niners.

Archived