Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coast Guard does training exercise on 9/11 causes panic

just654

i would love to change the title, but I am still new and cant figure out how to do it. So if i can get some help that would be great.

The only difference to changing your title, and editing your post, is you have to hit the EDIT button twice to change the title.

So at the bottom of your post you'll see the EDIT button - click that - then you'll see the screen of your text to edit, but again, look at the bottom of that, and hit the EDIT button again, and the next page will show your title line, which is able to be modified.

You can be in a state of "readiness" and on the alert, without actually training, can you not ?

Our Security Alert Teams and Backup Alert Forces trained daily which made sense because it was different personnel as well as noobs on watch / in duty status on that particular day.

The same thing with daily Damage control training which led to us, when a real fire broke out one time, figuring out how to handle the situation when we were partially asleep at 4 am, (I was the #2 nozzleman battling a fire near a missle room at sea.

Well how about wait until after the service is done to conduct the training? Everyone just comes off like an idiot in this situation.

You really think that everyone in the Federal Government gets up every morning and coordinates their schedule with everyone else in the Federal Government, maybe over breakfast at Denny's?

If people were not listening to radio transmissions trying to find a story this would not be an issue. It would just be a CG ship in the river. But our great media likes to throw out stories before they check validity.

Very good point. The media tries to make everything a news story. If this was on any other day but today, I don't think it would even be talked about right now.

What is bad about that? I would hope that they would be prepared with contingency plans in this case.

Oh, I hope they would too. You missed the part about the federal authorities not being aware of any training exercise. Thats what I was :doh:ing about. Yes, on any other day this would not be an issue, in fact it is not an issue. But we're here talking about it because eveyone and their mother (as demonstrated by the first page of this thread) was unable to contemplate staging a training exercise outside the pentagon, while a 9/11 remembrance ceremony was ongoing. Could have all been avoided.

The Coast Guard did nothing wrong, they are ALWAYS in DC, and Always training. I also have a feeling half of you haven't read the follow-up stories that mention the little details like no shots were ever fired.

This is ENTIRELY the fault of CNN and their faulty sources. These things are not done on public channels, and even then, EVERYTHING is CLEARLY prefaced by the words "Exercise" or "drill." This is always done to ensure things like this don't happen. However, whoever reported this to CNN was apparently watching the Price is Right, probably listening to his Hooked on Phonics, and was too much of a dumbass to figure out that "This is a drill, bang, bang, bang..." broadcast on a Coast Guard working frequency, didn't mean there were shots fired.

What a crock. This is ZERO to do with the Air Force One debacle, because they do this all the time, Christmas, 9/11, your birthday...and it is not just a boondoggle for show. And it is not something that can be mistaken for a threat :doh: Unless it's today and some hard of hearing half-wit listens to his scanner and calls CNN.

Archived