Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missing Redskins games because you are at work.

21MadFan

I was just wondering how many people on here are unfortunatly not able to watch skins games cause you are at work :doh:. I remember a few years back I had to work on Sundays and it was just god awful. I was still able to listen to the games on the radio but it just was not the same. If there are any out there I know what you are going through and stay strong. I am praying for you. :halo:

From February until September, I usually put "I can work Sunday-Saturday, anytime" unless I've got some random thing I need to do...

Come football season I throw it in my boss' face, "Hey, I need sunday's off, I didn't regularly ask for days off from the end of the season until now, so, work with me"

I used to have to go door to door during election season introducing candidates to voters. I wore my Skins jersey every Sunday with an old-school FM corded radio tuned in to the games. You could see me walking down the street and randomly throwing my hands into the air or my face into my hands. Mostly the latter.

I used to be a waiter at O'Toole's in Centreville. ALWAYS had to woks freakin Sunday Brunch, even though I usually got home from working the Saturday night before at around 3am...

Anyway, at least they had a projection TV to show games during the day but I could only watch for a minute or two before a manager would come along and move me along.

Those days sucked - I am never working Sundays again.

I used to work at a marina, so I'd carry around a radio and listen to the game and picture in my head. Every time a penalty was called against the 'skins, I would picture that it was a perfect play and a bogus call. Well, I do that with biased eyes anyway when I watch them.

Needless to say, that was during my college years, so now that I am in the "real" world, I have to travel frequently, so I plan my flights to either arrive before the game starts, or depart after the game ends... it can be tough sometimes, but this weekend I'm home and watching it on HD.... what!?!?

Sunday is my regular day off but usually have to work my weekends during fire season. I have a sirius radio to listen to the games on the road but rarely get a chance to sit by the radio @ gametime. Things slow down towards the end of November so thats when I'm able to catch the games.

SO, I take it fire season is right now??

Advice to those who have to work Sunday and are going to miss the Skins game:

Just quit... a little lost income is nothing compared to missing out on the thrill of watching your Redskins put a beat-down on the Giants.

I whole heartedly agree haha

I really am so glad I have the weekends off now It sucked when I was in school and sat in B Dubs for all day every sunday...I much prefer being at home on my own couch

Archived