Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missing Redskins games because you are at work.

21MadFan

I was just wondering how many people on here are unfortunatly not able to watch skins games cause you are at work :doh:. I remember a few years back I had to work on Sundays and it was just god awful. I was still able to listen to the games on the radio but it just was not the same. If there are any out there I know what you are going through and stay strong. I am praying for you. :halo:

This used to be the case.

I quit that job and found a Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.

Hail.

If you are at work/away with a comp and internet you can always find a website that streams the games. The majority of the games are streamed...quality is decent

I haven't been able to find anywhere to do this yet. I'm way the hell up in ND and all I get are Viking and Packer games. Had DirecTV in the past but won't pay what they want for Sunday Ticket and HD anymore. Tired of being nickle and dimed from them. Can watch in some bars but that takes it's toll too.

Advice to those who have to work Sunday and are going to miss the Skins game:

Just quit... a little lost income is nothing compared to missing out on the thrill of watching your Redskins put a beat-down on the Giants.

I have to work every few sundays, so I put in all the Sundays (nearly everyone from here til December) to get those days off. I dont work, during Redskins games. Period.

I used to have to go door to door during election season introducing candidates to voters. I wore my Skins jersey every Sunday with an old-school FM corded radio tuned in to the games. You could see me walking down the street and randomly throwing my hands into the air or my face into my hands. Mostly the latter.

This mental image is just pricelss. :hysterical:

I used to have conferences that seemed to be scheduled just perfect for when the playoffs rolled around. In 2005 and in 2007 I missed the Redskins playing Seattle. I suppose that's a good thing in some regard, but I was always peeved that the timing was just so spot on.

Get Sunday Ticket and an iPhone and you're set. All games are streamed live to your iPhone with the new NFL Video app. Of course this could be a huge initial investment :(

Wow, I didn't know they had that! What's the video quality like? Me want, me want!:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck

I'm in the hotel industry, so unfortunately we're open 24/7. When I was a line level employee working front desk I worked almost every Sunday. But luckily it was a small hotel, so I'd go into the bar area (which was closed after noon for whatever reason on Sundays) and turn on the TV for the game. I'd set the phone on the FD so I'd hear it ring, and hang out between the bar and FD watching the game. Luckily the lobby was generally dead on Sunday afternoons, so I was often able to watch a lot of the game uninterupted. My shift would end at 3 PM, so I'd still get to see the end of it at home. Now I'm a Director of Sales, so although I have to come in for a few hours tomorrow morning (Saturday), I'm generally off on weekends.

I've only had a few jobs my entire life (lucky me i know) but with each and every one of them i refused to work sundays! From the age of 15 until i was 28 i worked for my family so i got away with that :) I then left there and got a similar job and they said sundays were mandatory.. i told them thats fine but during football season that want happening and explained i had Redskins season tickets. They asked what about sundays for away games.. i didnt budge.. screw that! :D But they offered me the job anyway hehe But then they kept asking me to come in on sundays, i refused and said im not working with this tension and left!

My current job is only m-f, HTTR!

I was just wondering how many people on here are unfortunatly not able to watch skins games cause you are at work :doh:. I remember a few years back I had to work on Sundays and it was just god awful. I was still able to listen to the games on the radio but it just was not the same. If there are any out there I know what you are going through and stay strong. I am praying for you. :halo:

For those that have to work sunday at a computer job.

Look into streaming or get a TV Tuner Card.

Thats what I will be doing this weekend. =P

For those that dont work in front of a computer, QUIT =P

Archived