Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you IR Colt Brennan?

Burgold

Would you take advantage of Colt's hamstring/knee "injury" yesterday to stash him on IR, and still keep Chase as your No. 3? Seems to me that his injury might have been a lucky coincidence in terms of timing. Both QB's look relatively equal (I think Chase performed slightly better overall), but I wouldn't mind keeping both and this gives us a way to do it.

I think the IR angle makes it unique enough to stand on its own.

I'm not sure. I think Chase has looked very good. I don't think Chase's poor performance against Jacksonville's 1st team D was indicative of his talent. The problem there was that our 2nd team O-line and WR's and RB were playing with Chase. If you want a true evaluation of how he would do against a starting D, you'd have to play him with a starting offense. Chase gets the ball out quickly, is great scrambling, seems to have very good mechanics and a good arm.

If Chase is likely to get snatched up off the PS, I'd IR Brennan. I want to keep Chase and Brennan and develop both, but I'm honestly a little worried that Chase is more likely to get picked up off the IR than Brennan.

No way will Chase last on the practice squad. Colt didn't have a good preseason, with a QB rating of 49. Chase on the other hand progressed well, with a QB rating of 115. That shouldn't go unnoticed. Colt made some silly mistakes, which might get him cut. I know a lot of you like Colt, but from what I saw, Chase can play the position better.

Isn't this a bit premature until we know the full extent of Colt's injury, and what duration, if any, he's likely to be out for?

As for the hype surrounding Chase's pre-season, last night showed he's far from ready to play with the big boys. Even given the non-existent protection from the back-up linemen, (which is a MAJOR concern going forward), the difference in chase playing against Jacksonville's first string D, and the Steelers 3rd stringers, was marked.

He is what he is, a rookie, and with the QB situation as a whole as up in the air as it is, I'd much rather a second year player be in the mix than that.

Hail.

No way will Chase last on the practice squad. Colt didn't have a good preseason, with a QB rating of 49. Chase on the other hand progressed well, with a QB rating of 115. That shouldn't go unnoticed. Colt made some silly mistakes, which might get him cut. I know a lot of you like Colt, but from what I saw, Chase can play the position better.

I would say ... in this case no one right is right and no one is wrong. I would keep both and dump ole man Collins ... unless of course you think TC will make a stellar contirbution this year in the Skins journey to the SB.

Isn't this a bit premature until we know the full extent of Colt's injury, and what duration, if any, he's likely to be out for?

As for the hype surrounding Chase's pre-season, last night showed he's far from ready to play with the big boys. Even given the non-existent protection from the back-up linemen, (which is a MAJOR concern going forward), the difference in chase playing against Jacksonville's first string D, and the Steelers 3rd stringers, was marked.

He is what he is, a rookie, and with the QB situation as a whole as up in the air as it is, I'd much rather a second year player be in the mix than that.

Hail.

I don't think it matters whether either #3 is ready to play this year. If we are down to our #3, we aren't making the playoffs anyway. i'd keep whichever looks like the better long term prospect on the active roster, and put the other on the PS.

I would say ... in this case no one right is right and no one is wrong. I would keep both and dump ole man Collins ... unless of course you think TC will make a stellar contirbution this year in the Skins journey to the SB.

It would be intriguing...but it's obviously not going to happen. Plus, if we are in the middle of a playoff run and Campbell goes down, wouldn't you prefer Collins?

I'd agree that this is the final year for Collins and, once we're out of playoff contention, he shouldn't sniff the field.

Despite what we saw in the preseason, Chase to PS, keep Colt, he's been in the offense a full year already....Next pre-season we ought to make a solid judgment call on whether or not he can be a backup/starter in this league.....

I agree with this. Colt already has a year in the offense so its pointless to cut him. Chase was solid, but if we put him on the PS, I don't see teams lining up to sign him.

Archived