Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Take aways from the Skins 09 Preseason

SkinsRMoney06

I think it would be a good idea to see what everyone thinks about what were POSITIVE things we have done this preseason, offense or defense, 1st or 3rd string. Here are mine:

1. Jason Campbell looks like he may have a good year. I know its preseason, but i feel like he looked confident, and made good decisions.

2. Brian Orakpo looks like the real deal holyfield. Weve been hurting for a legit pass rusher for a looonnng time.

3. The offensive line, if healthy, looks like it will be able to be an effective unit.

4. Malcomb (i did it on purpose) Kelly seems like he will step up as our #2, and do well at it, but, he has to stay healthy and this remains to be seen of course.

5. Hunter Smith may have solved our punting problems.

These are my top 5 takeaways, i would like to know what everyone else thinks. Of course, these are all just guesses, but all we have to work with is what we have seen in these 4 preseason games.

If there's one take away for me is that Cerrato clearly isn't as incompetent as some people here are trying to make him out to be. I also rest a little bit easier now that I've seen our offensive line flash the ability to get it done in pass protection.

Other than that I could care less, the preseason doesn't mean ****.

Bring on the regular season.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Is it just me or does the offseason seem longer every damn year?

We really look like a complete team this year. The success of our season will rely on players being healthy. If we can stay healthy this year I think we could have a great season to come. The offense will still rely heavily on Clinton Portis' back but it looks like our passing game could become dangerous. I feel we played extremely soft in the preseason(I hope), but our defense will unveil it's true colors when the regular season starts. Here is to a great season!:cheers:

When you look at the Eagles roster, you've definitely gotta be happy that there were no major injuries this preseason. Hopefully that can continue for at least the first couple of weeks.

We seem to have had bad luck in the past few years with injuries, so it's nice when it seems like everyone else in the NFC East is getting them instead of us.

We have some good young talent on this team. Chris Wilson and jarmon impressed me tonight and so did Chase again. The last throw was beautiful and I like Marko Mitchell a lot.

Maybe Cerrato isnt as bad as we make him out to be.

Absolutely. I think to many people blame vinny for the problems with the skins. Although i think he has a role in them, i dont think he is the bane of our existence like so many would like to portray him.

That will be the key to our success IMO. If we can stop people from stacking the box and worrying about CP, we will be in for a treat in 09:D

Could we actually run a 5WR package this season?

Could we run a 3WR package with the ability to have both CP on the field with our "top 3"?

Our passing game could be insane this season. I hope Zorn doesn't go all vanilla on us week one.

5 WR packages are dangerous, although i think with the second year of experience under JC's belt he will know where to go and be able to get that ball out quick.

I would like to see more spread formations. if we can make teams fear us with that lineup, CP will be even more effective with the D worried about so many pass catchers.

Todd Collins didn't get much opportunity, but I think Jason Campbell proved he is the better option at quarterback this season than Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel. He looked like crap the first two games, looked good versus the Patriots, and looked excellent on his drive tonight. He was very hesitant in the first three games, but he was very decisive and quick and accurate tonight. That does give me some hope.

Marko Mitchell... Deserves a spot.

Offensive line... Looked better than I expected, but we'll see how they play once teams start to bring real pressure in the regular season. Runblocking doesn't look so hot, but on the flipside, we'll see how they play once Zorn starts calling run plays as an actual part of the gameplan.

Defensive line... Looked like they were getting push, but didn't seem as overly improved as I hoped. But then again, Haynesworth sat out most of the time. Orakpo looked good in pass rushing situations.

Secondary... Hard to gauge because Carlos Rogers missed so much time but didn't look so hot. Tryon's been disappointing. Barnes is a rookie.

Punter... Night and day from last year.

1 / Our passing game needs work. The deep ball threat is just not there -- especially, when you don't connect.

2/ We found 2 young and talented DEs.

3/ Make or break years for JC and Carlos.

4/ Malcom, Devin and Marko are going to be the future posse.

5/ Reed, Rob Jackson, Chris Wilson, and the 2 rookie LBs Henson and Cody did awesome!

1 / Our passing game needs work. The deep ball threat is just not there -- especially, when you don't connect.

2/ We found 2 young and talented DEs.

3/ Make or break years for JC and Carlos.

4/ Malcom, Devin and Marko are going to be the future posse.

5/ Reed, Rob Jackson, Chris Wilson, and the 2 rookie LBs Henson and Cody did awesome!

I agree with most everything. I think Carlos will be here for awhile. I think the deep ball threat is most definitely there, besides the Kelly throw vs. PIT in the rain (which most people seem to forget) we really have not had many deep balls to evaluate. The ball to Santana was overthrown, cant deny that.

Archived