Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Andre Smith Ends Holdout, Promptly Breaks his Foot

jrockster21

Not unless the 49ers give in....If he goes into next year's draft, I hope he drops even further than #10 and looses more money.

That's what would happen. Crabtree is a complete moron with no leverage. I can't imagine he and his agent actually think he will make more money if he sits out of football for a year. It's not as if he can go back to college and play some more. He will cave.

As for Smith... I dunno, I can't feel bad for the guy. Keeping out of camp because he thinks he's worth more money than he is doesn't endear him to me or his team's fans.

Ouch, during a non-contact drill no less. That's gotta be embarassing for him.

On a side note, they talk about it not needing surgery, does anybody know if all these surgeries atheletes gets for simple breaks cause any long-term damage? I've always assumed it was some way to make the healing time shorter for the player/team but wasn't sure how it worked out in the long term.

Unlucky....I would agree with your theory if he pulled a muscle, but a broken leg is simply an accident.

Missing training camp + missing more time is going to slow down his progression.

Eh, could have been a footwork thing. If he was unsure of himself, and takes a misstep...you never know.

As for Smith... I dunno, I can't feel bad for the guy. Keeping out of camp because he thinks he's worth more money than he is doesn't endear him to me or his team's fans.

Andre was just looking for fair market value in his deal and he took a lot less money then he was worth in the end. Smith was never the problem in that holdout it was the Brown family offering ridiculously low numbers that were frankly insulting when you take into consideration where he was drafted and the typical slotting system. Bad luck and a tough way to start a career.

It won't require surgery, so depending on where the break is, this should not be a problem. Same healing time as other simple breaks. Even if it is in a weight bearing joint on a fat man.

ANd no. He was not hiding this injury. A fresh break looks different than one that is weeks old.

It won't require surgery, so depending on where the break is, this should not be a problem. Same healing time as other simple breaks. Even if it is in a weight bearing joint on a fat man.

ANd no. He was not hiding this injury. A fresh break looks different than one that is weeks old.

What if he broke it over the weekend and realized he'd better sign while he could? Then he just had to come in for some drills then say "My foot!", and collect the loot. I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but the timing makes you wonder.

What if he broke it over the weekend and realized he'd better sign while he could? Then he just had to come in for some drills then say "My foot!", and collect the loot. I'm not saying that's for sure what happened, but the timing makes you wonder.

Even days old looks different.

Archived