Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll : Marko and Mason

seed420

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Keep Marko Mitchell no doubt at all. Mason - maybe? He has played well for us this pre-season, but he also did the same of us year and didn't seem to make an impact in the league despite getting other chances after we cut him. I think he makes for a better change of pace back then Betts, but don't hink trading/cutting Betts is a consideration for the team right now?

I don't think Mason should make the team. I mean, there has to be a reason that he's never made the cut despite being on the preseason roster for the last couple years.

The reason is that he doesn't play special teams. But he has looked again good as a backup runner this preseason, including last night against the Pats' starting defense, meaning that he might take Betts' spot. Then the special teams thing isn't an issue, because Betts doesn't play there either.

Initials are insufficient when discussing Marko Mitchell versus Marcus Mason.

Dohhh.. Fixed it on OP. Thanks

For those in the camp to cut Rock for Mason, how about our ST? Looks not so good on coverage when he is not in the game. He does allot more on ST then just return kick-offs.

People keep saying "change up back" but Mason and Betts run similarly to Portis. There is obviously a need for a back up of similar style but the only guy I've seen that can argue change up is Alridge... problem is the guy is tiny and hasn't really had a chance to show much.

Marko, Mason, and Aldridge IMO have to be retained, Aldridge really impressed me as a RB, I thought maybe he was just a 3rd down change a pace guy, but he has good RB ability, I like him more than Dorsey. AA looks like he's nothing more than a 10 to 15 touch guy, but it also looks like he could really impact a game with those touches.

Mason I think should replace Betts, and I have been a big Betts guy I just think Mason may have earned his way onto the team at this point, Rock will have to be let go to make room.

Marko? Love this kid, I would be shocked if he was cut, he won't last long on the free agent market that's for sure.

The reason is that he doesn't play special teams. But he has looked again good as a backup runner this preseason, including last night against the Pats' starting defense, meaning that he might take Betts' spot. Then the special teams thing isn't an issue, because Betts doesn't play there either.

FIrst I think someone WILL be disappointed on this one. However, have we not used Betts in the Kicking game before? I seem to recall seeing him and Rock back for kicks on more than one occasion.

I wanna keep both but Marko Mitchell looks like a Randy Moss clone. We are extremely lucky to get him in the 7th round and need this guy on our team. I would like to see Betts cut and keep Mason also since he is younger and can probably do a better job then Betts right now and he will only get better.

I'm going to be pretty upset if we do not keep both players. I can't remember a big time 3rd down or goalline carry that Betts has had in the last 2 years. I would much rather see Marcus Mason in there. And Marko Mitchell is an absolute beast. PLEASE keep BOTH.

I agree. Remember preseason game against Pittsburgh. 2nd and 3rd and goal betts failed to get into the endzone. and lets not forget about the giants game 2 years ago, betts failed at the goal line. marcus mason got one carry against the pats last night on 3rd and goal and punched it in. we need a guy that can make a 3rd and goal!!!

What has Alridge done this preseason? If we can somehow keep Cartwright and Mason that's fine, but I don't see Cartwright leaving nor do I think he deserves to be cut.

Alridge is a young guy who could be the change of pace that we need. Rocks special teams duties can be handled between Alridge, Thomas and possibly Mason.

Archived