Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Campbell's "Just Weathering the Storm'

Avic

That 6-2 start that everybody seems to give JC credit for was won on the ground. JC had a couple of good passes that got us out of a hole but leading us to a 6-2 record?

I tend to think Portis and our offensive line blocking earned that rite. Not our passing game.

But of course, Campbell is responsibe for the 2-6 finish. :doh::doh::doh:

tr1,

let me ask you this... please be as honest with yourself and us as possible..

Of starting QB's, which ones would you rather have JC? (disregard age... future potential).. just this season only

My honest answer is;

JaMarcus Russel

debateably Shaun Hill

Matthew Stafford (disregarding age future potential.. i think he's gonna have a bad year getting thrown into the fire)

that's it.

I am and have always been in Campbell's corner. I wish him the very best at leading our team to a championship.

But, I hate when players make comments on subjects that don't even exsist.

Who in the world ever said that Campbell "would want to be one for seven"?:doh:

I don't know, maybe I'm taking the comment wrong.

I think it's his way of saying he's not satisfied with his or his teams' performance.

Does anyone know what routes the receivers are running other than the coaches and players? Only when something leaks out about it...as it did in the last game.

I believe the coaches said they were going in the game to look at the o-line and running game. I didn't hear them say they were working on the passing game.

But, hey, facts keep getting in the way.

I think MOST of us would like JC to excel this year.

That 6-2 start that everybody seems to give JC credit for was won on the ground. JC had a couple of good passes that got us out of a hole but leading us to a 6-2 record?

I tend to think Portis and our offensive line blocking earned that rite. Not our passing game.

Yeah pretty much, he really only had 4 good games in that stretch. In the Giants, Eagles, Rams, and Browns games his play ranged from awful to pedestrian.

tr1,

let me ask you this... please be as honest with yourself and us as possible..

Of starting QB's, which ones would you rather have JC? (disregard age... future potential).. just this season only

My honest answer is;

JaMarcus Russel

debateably Shaun Hill

Matthew Stafford (disregarding age future potential.. i think he's gonna have a bad year getting thrown into the fire)

that's it.

I saw what JC could do at the beginning of last year.

You need to go back and read a few press clippings from week seven of last year.

The accolades were unanimous and overwhelming.

Am I the only one here with a memory?

You need to go back and read a few press clippings from week seven of last year.

please answer the question.... and be honest... no BS names no one would believe

I think MOST of us would like JC to excel this year.

Every Redskin fan on this site wants to see JC put up some numbers, but a lot of people are done giving him a pass and excuses. He either has it or don't. I would absolutely love for JC to make me look like a complete fool, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Hey Mark Sanchez threw 2 TDs against the Ravens! Except 1 of them was to a Raven's player haha

I like Campbell, I think he CAN be good. But if you can't complete passes in the preseason then there is a serious problem. Right now Campbell needs to step it up and produce or we need to move on because potential can only take you so far in this league before your lack of production gets you fired.

Every Redskin fan on this site wants to see JC put up some numbers, but a lot of people are done giving him a pass and excuses. He either has it or don't. I would absolutely love for JC to make me look like a complete fool, but sadly I don't see it happening.

ive been waiting since 2006. im done waiting but zorn is going to force me to wait a little longer. im shocked zorn is still waiting as well.

Yeah, hopefully he will be as adequate this year as Kurt Warner has been troughout his career.

LOL

No you're right. JC has proven that he CAN be a very good quarterback. What he has not proven is to be able to deliver consistent performances from week to week. Last year a lot of it was the OL fault, but he still misses some very easy passes sometimes that make me cringe.

But of course, Campbell is responsibe for the 2-6 finish. :doh::doh::doh:

I didn't say that, did I? The team fell apart and everybody was to blame but can you give me an example of where JC orchestrated that 6-2 record? Can you show me where JC led the team in comeback victories on his passing game?

The team went 6-2 in spite of JC's poor passing game because of our running game. When the offensive line broke down, the spot light was on JC to make something, anything happen and he didn't. He's just not that good of a QB.

please answer the question.... and be honest... no BS names no one would believe

:shrug:

:shrug:

i just want you to see honestly where you would rank JC in comparison to the rest of the league..

you can call him adequate...

fact is....

if you were GM.. you'd most likely trade him (assuming for equal money, contracts aside and disregarding age) for just about any other starter, except for the 3 i listed.

giving him a rank of 29th in the league.

Personally, I put more stock in press clippings from week 17.

I surely hope he can "weather" his playing ability!

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but look at whats going on; a QB going into his 3rd year, and he still doesn't have consistancy with Moss and ARE?

Yes, other QB's seem to be having better production with their team, but this is not just another team! Hopefully the "light bulb" will turn on in his head, and everything will begin to gel, but there will come a point in time when/if this doesn't happen that a decision needs to be made before trashing the entire season. 1-7 isn't quite a good start, and the o-line excuses are getting old, so it is time for JC to step up to the plate and show why he was drafted, or step aside and let someone else do it.

B.T.W. last season is just that; last season, and it wasn't his arm winning every game, maybe 1 or 2 at best, and when a QB cannot have a very good game against a 31st ranked pass defense, something is wrong.

i just want you to see honestly where you would rank JC in comparison to the rest of the league..

you can call him adequate...

fact is....

if you were GM.. you'd most likely trade him (assuming for equal money, contracts aside and disregarding age) for just about any other starter, except for the 3 i listed.

giving him a rank of 29th in the league.

I'd add all of Tampa Bay's QBs to that list, they have like 3 very average at best quarterbacks. But there are also lots of quarterbacks that I feel that JC is equal to, like I wouldn't trade JC for Bulger or Orton.

JC has consistently been able to beat mediocre NFL teams because of the surrounding talent he has here. He crumbles against better teams that expose him.

0-4 last year against better teams we faced, those finishing with 10 or more wins. 7.5 points a game in those contests. There is no defending it. He was also 0-4 the year before in those situations.

I didn't say that, did I? The team fell apart and everybody was to blame but can you give me an example of where JC orchestrated that 6-2 record? Can you show me where JC led the team in comeback victories on his passing game?

The team went 6-2 in spite of JC's poor passing game because of our running game. When the offensive line broke down, the spot light was on JC to make something, anything happen and he didn't. He's just not that good of a QB.

Saints last year. Looked really good in Dallas. Detroit last year.

i remember us winning by extremely small margins with a crushing running game and a stout defense, winning the TOP battle, getting stops when it counted, and not turning the ball over.

i remember portis for MVP talks.

i remember campbell being praised for his not throwing any INTs.

you seem so sure that these "accolades were unanimous and overwhelming". could you link me to some of these accolades please?

Archived