Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Campbell's "Just Weathering the Storm'

Avic

Jason has thrown...drum roll please.....14 passes!

He has barely played this preseason.

You can't make any type of judgement based on 14 passes in 2 games.

2 of the passes were broken plays so it really 12 passes.

Let's just relax people.

If you think that people are basing their assessment of Jason's play on two preseason games, you have missed the boat. Jason played poorly in 2007 and 2008 as well as the 2009 preseason. People are looking for improvement and it's not there.

Jason has thrown...drum roll please.....14 passes!

He has barely played this preseason.

You can't make any type of judgement based on 14 passes in 2 games.

2 of the passes were broken plays so it really 12 passes.

Let's just relax people.

jason has actually thrown ....drum roll please....1130 passes.

hes played 3 seasons

i already made my judgement based on his 1130 passes.

lord knows how many were broken plays.

im completely calm but very worried.

Yep, because Sanchez looked like a world beater in that game. :rolleyes:

I was estatic to see him play like crap last night, further proof the right decision was made not to draft him. He looked like a HS football player amongst grown ass men. All that hype for nothing. Ha, ha:hysterical:

I was estatic to see him play like crap last night, further proof the right decision was made not to draft him. He looked like a HS football player amongst grown ass men. All that hype for nothing. Ha, ha:hysterical:

so campbell needs more time after 3 years and 1130 passes thrown.

and sanchez is a highschool football player after 2 preseason games.

wow.

Unfortunately for you, that's about all the good he did last night. If he didn't have Leon Washington, he wouldn't have scored jack ****.

thats the worst point ive ever seen you make. so because he had leon washington he threw a TD? thats like saying "thank god campbell has santana moss or he'd have thrown 0 touchdowns".

cmon longshot, youre way better than that.

I'm sorry but the defennse of Campbell in this town by the media has become a joke. When I listen to the Lavar show and people actually entertain the question on who you'd rather have between Eli and Campbell or would Rivers really be an upgrade I just laugh to myself at how pathetic this all is.

In regards to the media, I just find it apalling that they continue to stand up for Jason. If the o-line pitched the equivalent of a 1-7 game then the media and fans would be ALL OVER THEM. What has Campbell done to deserve being looked at in a different light. The media here is soft on him and its totally inconsistent. Stephen Heyer gets ripped in the papers consistently and all he's done is work his way from being an UDFA to a servicable starter but Campbell gets left off the hook. The media would never attack him the same way they've attacked Heyer or mocked Mike Williams in their commentary about his pass blocking....

I didn't say that, did I? The team fell apart and everybody was to blame but can you give me an example of where JC orchestrated that 6-2 record? Can you show me where JC led the team in comeback victories on his passing game?

The team went 6-2 in spite of JC's poor passing game because of our running game. When the offensive line broke down, the spot light was on JC to make something, anything happen and he didn't. He's just not that good of a QB.

Actually a lot of the mediots were saying he was having a Pro bowl caliber year up to that point. Guess they don't know anything about football and it's blind homerism.

If you think that people are basing their assessment of Jason's play on two preseason games, you have missed the boat. Jason played poorly in 2007 and 2008 as well as the 2009 preseason. People are looking for improvement and it's not there.
jason has actually thrown ....drum roll please....1130 passes.

hes played 3 seasons

i already made my judgement based on his 1130 passes.

lord knows how many were broken plays.

im completely calm but very worried.

Well the last time i checked the OP was about this preseason.

I know you guys like to hijack threads and we get that you don't think JC is a good QB.

But, this thread is about the preseason.

Let's stick with that.

And this preseason JC has thrown 13 passes in 2 games.

HTTR!

The only problem I have is JC not playing as long as other QB's in the league. Zorn takes JC out of the game as if he has shown everyone he is this great qb, well he's not if we are to judge him by his play. Let Jason play a whole half and then let's make a decision on him.

I know you guys like to hijack threads and we get that you don't think JC is a good QB.

Let's stick with that.

HTTR!

ill play along, lets just do preseason.

hes 4/13 for 48 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, with a comp rating of 30.8%

he struggled badly down the stretch last year.

how are you not concerned about this?

Actually a lot of the mediots were saying he was having a Pro bowl caliber year up to that point. Guess they don't know anything about football and it's blind homerism.

ive asked this many of times, can you please back this up with anything other than jaws making one small blurb about it?

and larry michael does not count as a credible source.

but seriously, id like to see some of this.

thats the worst point ive ever seen you make. so because he had leon washington he threw a TD? thats like saying "thank god campbell has santana moss or he'd have thrown 0 touchdowns".

cmon longshot, youre way better than that.

It was Leon Washington who picked up those 3rd downs that got them into scoring position. He's also the one who caught the pass to score a TD.

Sure, the pass was great, but that was really the only great play he made all night. It is pretty weak that you are hanging your hat on that. But, I guess one great play outweighs all the crappy ones he made in that game for you. It is like looking at the plays Colt made last year and ignoring the fact that some of them were close to being bad plays.

Let's stick with that.

HTTR!

and has looked horrible doing it but his footwork sure was nice!

It was Leon Washington who picked up those 3rd downs that got them into scoring position. He's also the one who caught the pass to score a TD.

Sure, the pass was great, but that was really the only great play he made all night. It is pretty weak that you are hanging your hat on that. But, I guess one great play outweighs all the crappy ones he made in that game for you. It is like looking at the plays Colt made last year and ignoring the fact that some of them were close to being bad plays.

close to being bad is the biggest excuse for trying to bring someone down ever. its completely ridiculous. big bens winning superbowl throw was "close to being bad", but ya know what? it wasnt. eli's heave ho against the pats to get into scoring range was "close to being bad" but ya know what? it wasnt.

the pass was great, thats what counts. the guy is a total rookie. that play right there was a flash. if he continues to "flash" like that, they made a good decision picking him. way too early to tell with him.

and colts play last year, spare me the "close to being bad" stuff. the plays werent bad. risky throws, again, are part of being a good QB.

so campbell needs more time after 3 years and 1130 passes thrown.

and sanchez is a highschool football player after 2 preseason games.

wow.

I said he LOOKED like a HS QB playing against grown ass men. You think he looked otherwise? Seriously, is your hatred of JC blinding you. Then again you've never been a great judge of talent.

Who said anything about JC needing more time? He threw 7 passes is all I'm saying. You need to back away from the Madden and realize that here in the real world there are a lot of moving parts involved in the game of football and realize that a QB is going to throw a touchdown every other play from scrimmage.

Does anyone on this board remember how horrid Peyton looked his first couple seasons in the league? Bueller, Bueller.... someone, anyone?

and has looked horrible doing it but his footwork sure was nice!

not even trying to joke about this, but im starting to get the feeling that zorn only cares about mechanics and not results. its really quite disturbing. maybe he just has to say this kinda stuff because he knows campbell isnt good and he has to back him up, but i mean some of this stuff i hear is so stupid. his footwork? his decision making? his awareness? id like to sit zorn down and be like, his touchdowns? his long passes? his accuracy?

im just waiting for the day that zorn holds campbell accountable.

Let's stick with that.

HTTR!

Did you read the WP article. It spoke of Jason's poor play last year in addition to this years preseason. In addition it speaks about the FO trying to replace Jason with Cutler and Sanchez. That didn't happen during the preseason, it happened prior to the draft. So no the OP was not only about the preseason.

I said he LOOKED like a HS QB playing against grown ass men. You think he looked otherwise? Seriously, is your hatred of JC blinding you. Then again you've never been a great judge of talent.

Who said anything about JC needing more time? He threw 7 passes is all I'm saying. You need to back away from the Madden and realize that here in the real world there are a lot of moving parts involved in the game of football and realize that a QB is going to throw a touchdown every other play from scrimmage.

Does anyone on this board remember how horrid Peyton looked his first couple seasons in the league? Bueller, Bueller.... someone, anyone?

may i ask what jason campbell looked like against the steelers?

and rookies usually look bad, cause theyre rookies. you expect guys like stafford, sanchez, etc to struggle. you dont expect 3 year guys to struggle.

How many teams would have traded for Peyton after his first or second year? Answer is a lot if not ALL. How about with Jason? Answer is none.

You might want to look at Peyton's lifetime stats again

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

close to being bad is the biggest excuse for trying to bring someone down ever. its completely ridiculous. big bens winning superbowl throw was "close to being bad", but ya know what? it wasnt. eli's heave ho against the pats to get into scoring range was "close to being bad" but ya know what? it wasnt.

the pass was great, thats what counts. the guy is a total rookie. that play right there was a flash. if he continues to "flash" like that, they made a good decision picking him. way too early to tell with him.

and colts play last year, spare me the "close to being bad" stuff. the plays werent bad. risky throws, again, are part of being a good QB.

I guess if you are enamored with people who "flash", then you are a fan of guys like Jeff George and Jake Plummer. Plenty of flashing there with little results at the end.

Also, neither of those QBs above get a superbowl ring without their receivers making a play. Good receivers can make a QB look pretty good. Eli doesn't look nearly as good without Plexiglass to throw to, and Roethlesburger has Ward and Holmes to throw to. What have we had? Pretty much Moss and Cooley, and team can just double Moss to take him out of the game.

We've needed receivers for a long time and we need the young guys to step up and become a regular force.

I guess if you are enamored with people who "flash", then you are a fan of guys like Jeff George and Jake Plummer. Plenty of flashing there with little results at the end.

Also, neither of those QBs above get a superbowl ring without their receivers making a play. Good receivers can make a QB look pretty good. Eli doesn't look nearly as good without Plexiglass to throw to, and Roethlesburger has Ward and Holmes to throw to. What have we had? Pretty much Moss and Cooley, and team can just double Moss to take him out of the game.

We've needed receivers for a long time and we need the young guys to step up and become a regular force.

right. david tyree made eli manning look so good. i mean hes david tyree.

whose practice squad is he on again?

Yeah, but Zornpbell wasn't trying to get completions. Sheesh, watch the pressers, will ya'?!?!???

zorn is a genius. lets work on the running game. hell, we only had a top 5 running back and a top 10 overall run game. that definitely needs work. but that passing game ranked at a nice and modest 23rd in the NFL didnt need any work.

if we could only see the full picture.

Archived