Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Campbell's "Just Weathering the Storm'

Avic

I'd add all of Tampa Bay's QBs to that list, they have like 3 very average at best quarterbacks. But there are also lots of quarterbacks that I feel that JC is equal to, like I wouldn't trade JC for Bulger or Orton.

Orton is debateable, I don't think Bulger is.. i would take Bulger over JC for sure.. you probably haven't really looked at his stats... he has some HOF stats in some catagories.

still, it was only for starting QB's...

even if you make Orton debateable, and he's the starter...

Jason is still tied for 29th in the league.

plenty of others have seen that as well.

and mark sanchez threw a TD against the ravens starters. lol

The only reason to bring up Mark Sanchez is if you thought we should've traded Orakpo & next year's first pick for him. I'm pretty happy how the draft turned out... I guess we can go one more year with Campbell and see what happens, but I won't regret not making the trade for Sanchez or Cutler... ever. Orakpo has convinced me of that. Sadly, not Campbell. :)

Orton is debateable, I don't think Bulger is.. i would take Bulger over JC for sure.. you probably haven't really looked at his stats... he has some HOF stats in some catagories.

still, it was only for starting QB's...

even if you make Orton debateable, and he's the starter...

Jason is still tied for 29th in the league.

Orton is not debatable to me. Bulger had great stats for a while, but he is not a that good of a quarterback anymore as he has not had a successful season in a while. He is injury prone and very immobile, but has nice touch. I don't need to look at his stats from 2004, I just watch the games and he does not have more to offer at this point than JC.

And nobody on Tampa is better than JC, including their starter whoever that ends up being. Which still is not good. But let's not get too carried away with calling Sanchez or Clemens better than him either just yet.

The only reason to bring up Mark Sanchez is if you thought we should've traded Orakpo & next year's first pick for him. I'm pretty happy how the draft turned out... I guess we can go one more year with Campbell and see what happens, but I won't regret not making the trade for Sanchez or Cutler... ever. Orakpo has convinced me of that. Sadly, not Campbell. :)

orakpo is awesome and im glad we have him, but id trade a pass rushing linebacker for a potential starting QB any day. sanchez could be peyton manning or joey harrington and orakpo could be lawrence taylor or courtney brown, who knows. both are unknowns, but i wouldnt have been upset with the sanchez move. definitely would have loved the cutler move.

plenty of others have seen that as well.

and mark sanchez threw a TD against the ravens starters. lol

COME ON BLC. I like you buddy but Sanchez played a whole half. He also threw one of the worst interceptions to the house I have seen in the pros, and his second pass should have been the second worse if Ray Lewis could catch.

I dont want to compare Sanchez and JC......but come onnnnnn

COME ON BLC. I like you buddy but Sanchez played a whole half. He also threw one of the worst interceptions to the house I have seen in the pros, and his second pass should have been the second worse if Ray Lewis could catch.

yea sanchez looked like poop. pretty much spotted the ravens 14 points, fumbled snaps, held the ball and took sacks, and then threw one nice pass for a TD.

even flacco didn't look great at first. he started off like 4-12 i think

hes a baby dude. hes gonna make horrible mistakes. but he also made a nice TD throw. our QB couldnt get us past the 50 yard line. we shouldnt be comparing a 3 year starter to a guy playing his 2nd preseason game.

Orton is not debatable to me. Bulger had great stats for a while, but he is not a that good of a quarterback anymore as he has not had a successful season in a while. He is injury prone and very immobile, but has nice touch. I don't need to look at his stats from 2004, I just watch the games and he does not have more to offer at this point than JC.

And nobody on Tampa is better than JC, including their starter whoever that ends up being. Which still is not good. But let's not get too carried away with calling Sanchez or Clemens better than him either just yet.

I would take Leftwich over Jason and we almost signed him.

hes a baby dude. hes gonna make horrible mistakes. but he also made a nice TD throw. our QB couldnt get us past the 50 yard line. we shouldnt be comparing a 3 year starter to a guy playing his 2nd preseason game.
Our starter couldn't get us past the 50 against the Ravens starters in 2 freaking series. Sanchez threw a TD against the Ravens second string. And by the way, we had Hagans as our starting WR.

Our starter couldn't get us past the 50 against the Ravens starters in 2 freaking series. Sanchez threw a TD against the Ravens second string. And by the way, we had Hagans as our starting WR.

Ray Lweis wasn't in but a lot of the Ravens starters were in the game on that drive. Its also sad that you have to defend Campbell by ripping a rookie qb's first start at Baltimore where he actually did get in the endzone....

Ray Lweis wasn't in but a lot of the Ravens starters were in the game on that drive. Its also sad that you have to defend Campbell by ripping a rookie qb's first start at Baltimore where he actually did get in the endzone....
Name a Ravens starter in the game on that drive? It wasn't Ray Lewis. It wasn't Ed Reed. It wasn't Ngata. You can tell it was the Ravens second string, because they were all kinds of confused. LBs pointing and waving at DBs. A LB singled up on a RB down the middle, no safety help. Do I need to post a clip to prove my point?

And I am not ripping Sanchez. Campbell had 2 drives against the Ravens starters withour our starting WRs. Hagans was on the field the first play. Is he even gonna be on the roster come Sep?

Jason has thrown...drum roll please.....14 passes!

He has barely played this preseason.

You can't make any type of judgement based on 14 passes in 2 games.

2 of the passes were broken plays so it really 12 passes.

Let's just relax people.

isn't it 13 passes? 6 against Baltimore and 7 against Pitt

Flacco threw that in the first 2 series of last nights game.

I'm asking you b/c you said we shouldn't compare the two, but obviously some other people think different since they created a thread on it.

lol, i meant that in a "its bad that were comparing a 3 year starter to a guy whose only played 2 preseason games" way.

we can compare campbell to anybody. if he was good, we'd be comparing him to other guys his age, like rivers, rodgers, cutler, etc. but hes not, so were comparing him to mark sanchez, tavarias jackson, kyle orton, alex smith, etc.

Jason has thrown...drum roll please.....14 passes!

He has barely played this preseason.

You can't make any type of judgement based on 14 passes in 2 games.

2 of the passes were broken plays so it really 12 passes.

Let's just relax people.

The question is: when do the excuses stop for him?

Is this finally the make or break season for him no matter what happens?

I think it's his way of saying he's not satisfied with his or his teams' performance.

Does anyone know what routes the receivers are running other than the coaches and players? Only when something leaks out about it...as it did in the last game.

I believe the coaches said they were going in the game to look at the o-line and running game. I didn't hear them say they were working on the passing game.

But, hey, facts keep getting in the way.

I think MOST of us would like JC to excel this year.

Ah, the old, "it was the WR and O-line's fault" yet again. Sounding like a broken record.

Archived