Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Campbell's "Just Weathering the Storm'

Avic

I'll chip in with how he drove his team down the field late in the game and threw for the go-ahead score.

Not his fault that his D couldn't make it stand. He got it done in crunch time.

Taking the lead in the 4th only to let it slip away from the defense?

That sounds very familiar......

Hmmmm......

:)

That goes back to what i've been saying.

Playcalling.

I remember those Sellars TD very well.

I-Form 3 TE play action lead iso to CP Sellars slips his block and is wide open for an easy pitch and catch.

You can give Brunel the credit but the credit goes to Gibbs play-design and playcalling.

ok, then you must think zorn is a total moron? why would zorn take the ball out of the hands of guys like sellers and cooley in the redzone, if we have no other options? these guys have proved they can be redzone targets, so why dont they get the ball?

two answers i can think of:

1) zorn doesnt want to utilize them in the redzone

2) zorn doesnt trust campbell in the redzone

brunell threw 23 TDs in 05 the last time we had a really good offense.

7 were to sellers in the redzone, who is still on the team.

7 were to cooley in the redzone, who is still on the team.

3 were to moss in the redzone, who is still on the team

thats 17 TDs in the redzone to guys that are all still on the team. if mark brunell can throw TDs in the redzone to these guys, why cant campbell?

and of course you cant find any comments about JC.

I've already posted them BLC but again, your blind hatred is clouding your vision. When Cooley is forced to block, as is Sellers because the line is so bad that leaves Moss. Go figure. Why can't you just admit that the breakdown the second half of the season was on the shoulders of the entire offense and not just the QB?

You There was nothing amazing about throwing a pass to a covered guy. Again, he was fortunate that Tyree was able to make the catch.

C'mon. You're better than that. Yes, it was a lucky play.

But Eli made a heckuva play just to get the pass off. Midway through the second quarter, yeah, he should just throw it away. In the waning moments of the Super Bowl, on a third down. He had to try to make a play there. Playing it safe was not an option.

In some situations, caution has to be thrown to the wind.

not even trying to joke about this, but im starting to get the feeling that zorn only cares about mechanics and not results. its really quite disturbing. maybe he just has to say this kinda stuff because he knows campbell isnt good and he has to back him up, but i mean some of this stuff i hear is so stupid. his footwork? his decision making? his awareness? id like to sit zorn down and be like, his touchdowns? his long passes? his accuracy?

im just waiting for the day that zorn holds campbell accountable.

I started to elude to that in another thread, it seems Zorn is straining on a gnat, and swallowing a Campbell, I mean camel.;)

that was on belichick not brady. brady wasnt calling 8 billion pass plays against a small four man rush or going for it on 4th and 13.

belichick is also the reason the colts won the superbowl in 06, his horrid "im smarter than everyone" attitude lost them that game as well.

First Brunell and now you're dogging Belicheck who is quite possibly the best coach in the league and one of the best ever. He's revolutionized the game but he's an idiot and BLC is so smart. :doh:

One of the stupidest arguments that constantly comes up on this forum.

Tom Brady still posted 1 TD, 0 INT, 266 yards, and completed 60.4% of his passes.

They had the number 1 offense in the league, one of the best in the histroy of the NFL they went 16 and 0.

The No.1 offense was held to 14 points and only lost the Superbowl.

If you can't see that Brady and vaunted offense struggled and lost because of the Giants DL and pass rush....

Then i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Hmmmm......

:)

The Patriots didn't take the lead in the 4th. They already had it and lost it. Big difference between that and not showing up an entire game, suddenly scoring a TD and coming across like "we've done our part" even though you were the invisible man for 75% of the game and left the Defense ragged. The Rams game, in particular, the Offense gave up one of those TD's, don't forget.

The Giants were no 2-14 or 4-12 team that even my 97 year-old Grandmother should be able to score against. They had an insane pass rush going into the latter portion of that season and the Offense was doing its part, not forcing the D to try to protect a lead.

i truly like zorns system here, and i think hes hamstrung by campbell, but he looks so lost at times. on the sidelines he just doesnt look like a guy in total control and he seems way in over his head. i really hope when the regular season starts hes got this team by the reigns and brings the fire.

Very tough to play call when you can't throw, I think Zorn does everything possible to mount a drive within JC's ability, but that is vastly limited.

But if he insist's on playing JC he deserves what he gets, end of story!

Hmmmm......

ill be nice to you because youre a fan of mastodon, but lets just see how many 4th quarter leads our team blew last year shall we?

@NYG - losing going into 4th quarter - lost game

vNOS - losing going into 4th quarter - won game

vARI - tied going into 4th quarter - won game

@DAL - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

@PHI - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

vSTL - losing going into 4th quarter (DID BLOW LEAD ON LAST SECOND FG) - lost game

vCLE - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

@DET - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

vPIT - losing going into 4th quarter - lost game

vDAL - winning going into 4th quarter (DID BLOW LEAD) - lost game

@SEA - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

vNYG - losing going into 4th quarter - lost game

@BAL - losing going into 4th quarter - lost game

@CIN - losing going into 4th quarter - lost game

vPHI - winning going into 4th quarter - won game

@SF - winning going into 4th quarter (DID BLOW LEAD) - lost game

so we blew 3 4th quarter leads. in the first game we amassed a whoping 17 points against the juggernaut rams, we amassed a beastly 10 points against the cowboys, and the last game was a meaningless joke where i think our defense was asleep.

but please tell me more about how the defense gives up leads. maybe if our offense knew what an endzone was they wouldnt have to hold the lead.

also surprising you seem to hold the defense to a high standard, but not the offense?

First Brunell and now you're dogging Belicheck who is quite possibly the best coach in the league and one of the best ever. He's revolutionized the game but he's an idiot and BLC is so smart. :doh:

belichick is a great coach, he also loses games cause he thinks hes a great coach. i pointed out two of them. youre obviously not paying attention.

They had the number 1 offense in the league, one of the best in the histroy of the NFL they went 16 and 0.

The No.1 offense was held to 14 points and only lost the Superbowl.

If you can't see that Brady and vaunted offense struggled and lost because of the Giants DL and pass rush....

Then i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

And yet, Campbell and our offense struggle against the Rams, Browns, and Bengals. We needed a punt return TD just to beat the Lions.

Who emerged? That is not relevant in any way. Clearly, a good QB does not need an arsenal of elite talent to be successful, as I just proved with Brees. Good QBs do not need rookies to "emerge" every season to be able to score, they do it with whoever is on the field.

How many QBs in the league right now have THREE great receiving options? Kurt Warner? Anyone else? I don't think so, and yet somehow they still have success.

How many of those elite QB's played behind a decimated line?

When are you going to stop, take a deep breath and realize that all the blame cannot be rested on the shoulders of JC for our downward spiral last season? Seriously, so many things come into play. Look at our schedule compared to most, the NFCE X2, Pitt, Ravens, Cardinals. Two of those teams played in the SB if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone swings from the defenses nuts but they gave up 27 against the 49ers, the 9er's? 20 against Cinci, 23 against the Gnats. I mean sure the O needs to score to win games but how can such an elite defense give up so many points?

The team failed, not just JC.

For the sake of accuracy, actually no.

JC rating vs the Bengals 89.4 1 TD

1 Cooley fumble

1 Sellars fumble

Horrible GL playcalling

Defensive let down

Brady rating 82.5 1 TD

just because you asked

Oh ok, so it was everyone except Campbell again. Gotcha.

How many of those elite QB's played behind a decimated line?

When are you going to stop, take a deep breath and realize that all the blame cannot be rested on the shoulders of JC for our downward spiral last season? Seriously, so many things come into play. Look at our schedule compared to most, the NFCE X2, Pitt, Ravens, Cardinals. Two of those teams played in the SB if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone swings from the defenses nuts but they gave up 27 against the 49ers, the 9er's? 20 against Cinci, 23 against the Gnats. I mean sure the O needs to score to win games but how can such an elite defense give up so many points?

The team failed, not just JC.

27 against the 49ers when the team had checked out. the game meant nothing cause we couldnt amass more than 13 points against the bengals.

some of you do realize that no defense holds teams to 10 points per game right? teams are gonna score 17-20 points on a good d. the goal is to outscore them. some of you dont seem to understand we cant win games scoring 16.6 points per game.

They also gave up 12 points to the Rams, 14 to the Cowboys and held the Giants to their lowest point total of the season (16), and we still lost those games. Let's not blame the defense.

if we didn't blow those two leads (STL and San Fran) we would have gone 10-6 with a new HC and new offensive system.

Technically, the TD the Offense gave up shouldn't count against the D, but it does. The D itself actually held the Rams to 12 points.

Archived