Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking ahead to next week... (Patriots Have It Coming)

AirMayo21

Even though its just a preseason game, I'd love to see us lay some hate down on the Patriots. Remember the 52-7 debacle? Or in 2006, the 41-0 blowout in preseason (a game that I had the pleasure to go to, only to be harassed in full by Patriot fans for wearing my BnG, what else is new?)

But seriously, LETS GET SOME PAYBACK! Yes, it is preseason, but lets take some chances this game! I wanna see us give it a hell of an effort. I hope the players remember how these guys have treated us in the past.

I was just thinking about that preseason game earlier.

Tom Brady destroyed us down the seam over and over again with their TEs. Ben Watson was huge in that first quarter. I think that was the first sign we saw of how pathetically vulnerable our new Cover 2 emphasized defense was going to be.

Remember, the Patriots put those hurtin's on a Greg Williams/Greg Blache defense. Blache is still here using Greg Williams defensive packages so I expect Brady to play a full half and put up 3 TD's.

Book it! (Do the same things. Get the same results.)

Remember, the Patriots put those hurtin's on a Greg Williams/Greg Blache defense. Blache is still here using Greg Williams defensive packages so I expect Brady to play a full half and put up 3 TD's.

Book it! (Do the same things. Get the same results.)

Don't forget that was with Sean Taylor, too. They dissected the Skins.

What this man said.

I'll take ANY Dallas player or coach over Bellicheat for what the jerk did in the '07 game, and I hate the man even more for making me feel that way. :mad:

Hail.

Never. The Cowboys are always public enemy #1. Blame the Skins for rolling over and dying.

Never. The Cowboys are always public enemy #1. Blame the Skins for rolling over and dying.

Shrugs, I know that's sacrilege, but I absolutely detest that man.

And the score didn't irk me, we were pitiful that day and deserved an ass whooping; it was going against the unwritten cardinal sin of going for 3rd and longs, and 4th fricking downs, all with his first team O, when they were up like a zillion points.

If that's not an attempt to humiliate and run up the score, I don't know what is.

The man's a complete jerk.

Hail.

What this man said.

I'll take ANY Dallas player or coach over Bellicheat for what the jerk did in the '07 game, and I hate the man even more for making me feel that way. :mad:

Yeah, curse the Patriots in that game. How dare they crush a soft team that showed up at Foxborough with a pathetic defensive game plan.

I wish the Redskins would do that to teams. What fun we would all have. Hypocrites say otherwise.

Especially considering Gibbs himself wasn't above just crushing teams during the Super Bowl years. Just look at the 91 season.

Especially considering Gibbs himself wasn't above just crushing teams during the Super Bowl years. Just look at the 91 season.

I'm going to be REAL kind and put that slight down to the folly of youth, and let it slide.

Suffice to say there is NO way Coach would of left every starter in and gone for 4th and longs instead of punting when up by 5 or 6 TD's in a game. The '91 team beat team's straight up, and didn't set out to rub folks noses in it to that extent.

Hail.

I'm going to be REAL kind and put that slight down to the folly of youth, and let it slide.

Suffice to say there is NO way Coach would of left every starter in and gone for 4th and longs instead of punting when up by 5 or 6 TD's in a game. The '91 team beat team's straight up, and didn't set out to rub folks noses in it to that extent.

Hail.

Yeah, I'm sure Lions fans were delighted when Detroit came to Washington to open the 91 season, and Rypien was still throwing 40 yard bombs for TDs into the 3rd quarter after the score was already 35-0. Gibbs must have gone to the bathroom for those plays.

Good teams crush soft opponents. The 2007 Patriots were one of the best teams ever to not win a Super Bowl. And we showed up with zero pass rush, a soft defensive scheme that involved just sitting back in zone coverage, and we couldn't stop anything the Patriots did to save our lives. For the record, Tom Brady wasn't even in that game for most of the 4th quarter, Cassel came in and ran in a TD on us.

Yeah, I'm sure Lions fans were delighted when Detroit came to Washington to open the 91 season, and Rypien was still throwing 40 yard bombs for TDs into the 3rd quarter after the score was already 35-0. Gibbs must have gone to the bathroom for those plays.

Good teams crush soft opponents. The 2007 Patriots were one of the best teams ever to not win a Super Bowl. And we showed up with zero pass rush, a soft defensive scheme that involved just sitting back in zone coverage, and we couldn't stop anything the Patriots did to save our lives. For the record, Tom Brady wasn't even in that game for most of the 4th quarter, Cassel came in and ran in a TD on us.

Agreed. Running up the score is wrong when you're talking about kids or if its like USC vs. Northwest Montana State, but come on this is the pros. It wasn't their fault we couldn't stop them.

Anyway, on to next week's game...should be a great test for our D. Hopefully the starting offense will put up more points too...

Anyway, on to next week's game...should be a great test for our D. Hopefully the starting offense will put up more points too...
Well, when we played the Patriots in the preseason of 2006, Brady ate up our weak Cover 2 wannabe scheme by hitting his TEs over and over again down the seam.

In 2007, Gregg Williams was playing some really soft zones and only sending 4 man rushes after Brady, which of course their o-line blocked and Brady just sat back there and kept finding Welker and company open between the zone coverages.

With our new found pass rush, I think we'll be able to do a better job of breaking up the pocket and hopefully being more aggressive. Giants were the only team to beat the Patriots that year, and it certainly wasn't a coincidence that their front four played absolutely lights out and their back seven was aggressive in keeping plays in front of them. With Haynesworth and Orakpo, we should be able to do a much better job of replicating that.

Don't forget that was with Sean Taylor, too. They dissected the Skins.

Yeah but Brady i think was quoted as saying something along the lines of since Sean Taylor is back there we knew we couldnt throw deep so they went underneath and took what they could. They abused us on the short stuff.

The Patriots annoy the living hell out of me. Living up in New England, I can't tell you how many Johnny-Come-Lately Patriot fans give me hell for wearing my Redskins gear. Apparently they have very short memories- They used to suck worse than we do!

Archived