Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets Face It - It's Time to Cut Portis

JaimeDeCurry

its funny how you can make a thread that you arent totally serious about and watch all the people who only read the title to make their comment, without reading any of the bulk.

Oh I have read the bulk of this thread, and I just feel like I have wasted 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Here's my comment on his bulk...

He's lost his damn mind. Seriously, with all of the offensive line issues last year, Portis was leading the league in rushing. Once all the injuries on the line piled up, teams just loaded up on the run. Is there anything specifically you want me to comment on??? LOL

why do people continually start threads like this that point to moves that are virtually impossible for the club to make when one considers the cap ramifications?

it's like some folks are back in the 1980's, pre-cap, and just don't want to come forward and look at the situation realistically.

Neither Portis nor Moss can be released in 2009 or 2010 (if it's a capped year) without the team having to take a cap hit that will require the release of a number of other veteran performers.

The result of that would be a team that finishes 2-14 or 3-13.

Who wants that?

Let's post realistic or at least 'possible' moves for the team.

It makes for a much better dialogue :)

Good point, and I think this is a case where someone uses hyperbole related to Portis in order to make a piont about Campbell. Whether the OP actually believes what he's saying is questionable.

Why is it that when Portis' production drops by half in the second half of the season we all attribute it to the fact that our offensive line was falling apart, but when Campbell's production does the same, the blame goes to him?

Exactly. I don't know why people don't think the majority of the blame from last year is on the O-Lines' shoulders. They were just awful there towards the end.

Oh I have read the bulk of this thread, and I just feel like I have wasted 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Here's my comment on his bulk...

He's lost his damn mind. Seriously, with all of the offensive line issues last year, Portis was leading the league in rushing. Once all the injuries on the line piled up, teams just loaded up on the run. Is there anything specifically you want me to comment on??? LOL

more or less that he isnt serious..that part LOL

It's unreal to me the amount of people that are either just blindly posting their replies after reading the thread title, or just plain not getting what point the OP is really trying to get across here.

Califan even spelled it out for everybody in one of the first posts on page 1.

This is possibly one of the worst threads started in recent memory. Great idea let's cut the guy who was responsible for the majority of the first half success. It is not exactly his fault that the o-line was banged up, he was banged up from the ridiculous amount of carries he took, and the Redskins had a pedestrian passing attack.

HTTR

On page 1, Califan said this:

This sounds like a thread that was started at the beginning of the 2007 season, only with a few minor details changed lol...did you copy and paste that thread? ;)

Either that, or you're using the anti-Campbell stance and applying it to Portis lol...

And yet this is what people are still saying on the most recent full page:

This is the worst idea ever. The pats should cut Brady too. He sucked last year
Great idea, let's cut our best player on offense, meanwhile taking an astronomical cap hit in the process.

Excellent work.

This is possibly one of the worst threads started in recent memory. Great idea let's cut the guy who was responsible for the majority of the first half success. It is not exactly his fault that the o-line was banged up, he was banged up from the ridiculous amount of carries he took, and the Redskins had a pedestrian passing attack.

This thread's original intentions have almost turned into some kind of social experiment on the Stadium's posters.

CP had a great start to last year, but it was obvious by the end of the season that he can't hack it in this league. Let's just face it, guys...he's not an NFL-caliber running back. His last half of the season was absolutely terrible. Look at these numbers:

First 8 games: 944 yards, 5.0 ypc, 7 tds, 6 games with rushes over 20 yds, 5 100+ yd games

Last 8 games: 543 yards, 3.5 ypc, 2 tds, 1 game with a rush over 20 yds, 1 100+ yd game

Portis just cant handle it anymore. His dramatic dropoff in the second half of the season is indicative of the fact that - at best - he's just an average running back in this league. We definitely should have traded him this offseason, and gotten somebody in here who can produce. Portis is just mediocre, quite frankly.

McD5, is that you?:doh:

This thread's original intentions have almost turned into some kind of social experiment on the Stadium's posters.

Next two posts:

NNT, that is all!!!
This post is not even worth giving a legitimate response to.

I've admitted that I could have laid on a bit more sarcasm in the original post, but still...

What we need to do is start cutting some Extremeskins posters......not Portis....nor Campbell.

Exactly who really believes the Redskins have the best and smartest fans in the NFL??? Would never know it reading some of the posts on this board.....

Are we on offense.....can I start the wave now?

:wave:

Archived