Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London finally showing his age?

shakinaiken

Has America gone too far with Twitter?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has America gone too far with Twitter?

He had a 4.3 combine speed when he was first drafted. Do you really believe he is still that quick when hes been in the league for 12 years:hysterical:

I was assuming the poster meant last year, otherwise why bring up his rookie time, when it's completely irrelevant ? So, shame on him, for posting it.

I think he maybe missed a ply or two but that's all, just missing a play. He never looked a step late last night which is what usually is associated with an aging player. Once Albert gets in there London is going to be a monster, especially against the run. I'm excited for Fletcher this year.

I agree. Blades seems to have a good grasp of any linebacker position, so if his natural one is MLB, I think he could really shine. I don't see a need to look somewhere else for London's replacement. But also, I think it's much too early to talk about it. One play does not predict anything, and despite what happened last night, I'm not panicking or nervous about the season to come for any individual player, or as a team. Well, except for Tryon...

this is true.. in all honesty it seems a tad silly to question a player after one mistake, especially if that player is the iron man himself, London Fletcher... but to keep in theme with the extreme overanaylisis going on here at ES, i just felt that play deserves to be picked apart, as it was the bigeest play of the drive, and what single handedly put the ravens in a position to score a touchdown

He wasn't showing his age -- that was more like a rookie mistake the way he bit on the route.

He's not someone who's ever excelled at covering backs down the field. He needed to give Rice a bigger cushion there.

you mean like the time he nearly picked off a Tom Brady pass intended for Randy Moss in the 54-0 debacle?

4.3 speed? WTF,....

Running step for step means exactly dick -- the point is to be in the right place so you can tackle[/] him,.....not chase him.

Holy hell,....

He bit on a fake in the first preseason game. Get over it. Not a big deal.

I was assuming the poster meant last year, otherwise why bring up his rookie time, when it's completely irrelevant ? So, shame on him, for posting it.

i suppose i brought it up because i know very few linebackers that can run a 40 yard dash in 4.3 seconds... and since the play in question was purely about speed, i thought it was somewhat relevant

The Redskins have bigger problems than London Fletcher.

Zorns wimpy attitude.

Campbells wimpy attitude and indecision.

Offensive line injuries and age.

Receivers who should be labeled at droppers/fumblers.

Defensive coordinator who tells corners to play 10 yards off.

whats wrong with H.B. I though he fit in well last year giving the fact that he was undersized and will probably be another clone of fletcher when he plays MLB which they are grooming him for. Training camp reported taht he was doing well in the drills and he never really absolutley let anyone down during the regular season so i have no reason not to believe it.

I agree, why the hatin on blades? He played out of position last year. He will be a good replacement for fletcher who still shows a full on the duracel battery.

umm... well 10 yards behind someone isnt really keeping up with them

No linebacker in the league can run towards Ray Rice, see him run by, change direction, and expect to end up right beside him.

Nothing about that play says that Fletcher has lost a step. I'm pretty sure players don't age 30 years in the offseason.

Defensive coordinator who tells corners to play 10 yards off.

You should be our DC. We'd be great then.:hysterical:

self explanatory, but London did get absolutely burned by ray rice on a route that led to a 34 yard run and catch... of course all players get burned, even the great ones. BUt maybe its time to look for his replacement soon- like really soon. Thoughts?

That had little to do with age, and more to do with what happens when you leave a LB matched up one on one with a speedy RB/WR/TE out in the open.

Hail.

the op forget this clearly.......

hmm... i dont think so.. i clearly remember westbrook running a route out of the backfield very similar to the one he ran against lorenzo alexander- down the field.. if i also remember clearly, it was third down, and London who was step for step with him, knocked it away. So my memory is pretty clear in regards to that

Then why post a thread suggesting a man is slowing down if he can still catch an elite runningback from behind?

bacause that play occured last year, when the man was a year younger... this year is different. Is it sort of ridiculous to suggest one year makes a difference in someone's overall speed? Sure.. but so is stating the season is over because of one preseason game, which a lot of posters on es are claiming.

^^^^ in theory, it was only a handful of months

So are you suggesting that you posted this thread to be as illogical as those who post "we suck" threads?

ps- I expect 16 pts per game avg this season so I'm not concerned

well to be honest, the thread was made in jest... though that never came across very clearly... i think London is going to be solid this year, even if he did get burned by ray rice

Archived