Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London finally showing his age?

shakinaiken

Has America gone too far with Twitter?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has America gone too far with Twitter?

];6637432']I hope not' date=' but if he is and he leaves the game soon, than I must say that Blades would be a fantastic replacement. But as he's stuck in the OLB position now instead of his natural MLB, we'll need to find a SSLB soon.[/quote']

wait why is everyone so enamored with Blades?.. he's extraordinarily mediocre

I wouldn't say that. It's hard to form an opinion when you've barely seen him play the position.

exactly, so why is everyone so sure he's that good, if he's barely played the position?... i mean maybe if he was a highly touted athletic freak that was picked in the first round, you could possibly reach the conclusion that he's going to be awesome. But he's an undersized 6th rounder...

exactly, so why is everyone so sure he's that good, if he's barely played the position?... i mean maybe if he was a highly touted athletic freak that was picked in the first round, you could possibly reach the conclusion that he's going to be awesome. But he's an undersized 6th rounder...

Right now it's just wishful thinking. I did like that one tackle he made last night though. Didn't really pay attention to him for the most part.

I find it hard to believe how people analyze players' performances right after a game. Unless you guys have Tivo, are you just watching one player at a time instead of watching the game as a whole?

The announcers from the Ravens broadcast made the point that Fletcher does not cover backs well coming out of the back field. Their reference was the Eagles game and Westbrook exploiting that point. I think they may be referring more to Antonio Pierce who Westbrook outright embarassed on national tv.

The announcers from the Ravens broadcast made the point that Fletcher does not cover backs well coming out of the back field. Their reference was the Eagles game and Westbrook exploiting that point. I think they may be referring more to Antonio Pierce who Westbrook outright embarassed on national tv.

I'm sure the Ravens announcers pay a lot of attention to what London Fletcher does.

Ummmm, What round do you think London Fletcher was drafted in? Take a guess- ..........he wasn't. And he is 'undersized' as well. Many gems come from the later rounds

The OP is right, Fletcher got beat on one play in the first preseason game of the year...he is obviously too old and we need to think about replacing him.:rolleyes:

sigh.. already stated that the thread was made in jest, just to show how ridiculous everyone is reacting... if you want proof, check out the thread that has 6 pages devoted to the Hagans pass...

sigh.. already stated that the thread was made in jest, just to show how ridiculous everyone is reacting... if you want proof, check out the thread that has 6 pages devoted to the Hagans pass...
Well, there was nothing in your original quote to indicate that you were kidding or as you put it...that it was written/made in jest.

Also, I was merely responding to your original quote. I haven't had time to read 5 pages of quotes and see that it was "already stated".

Well, there was nothing in your original quote to indicate that you were kidding or as you put it...that it was written/made in jest.

Also, I was merely responding to your original quote. I haven't had time to read 5 pages of quotes and see that it was "already stated".

i felt that just questioning someone as solid as fletcher on one play speaks for itself... if you didnt get it no problem, after all it is hard to guage sarcasm through text, without actually hearing the accents or looking at body language..

and also i didnt necessarily expect you to read through the 5 pages to see my statement, which is why i explained it right there

:cool:Are you serious, London showing his age got beat? Are you hitting the crack pipe?

He potentially made a bad read in getting sucked up, he was one step from making the initial tackle based on making the correct angle of contact. He is not an incredible cover LB to begin with but he got sucked up, its early on pal. Landry should have taken a better angle to be in the play 20 yards earlier!!! No middle linebacker should be in no mans land and all alone if they are beat but he was alone. And for you all talking about speed he made up the ground dont forget he was coming towards the qb/line as Rice play actioned down field. Not a fair comparison of speed guys. With one bad read, you guys disrespected and called out one of the most underated and best Redskins players we have had over a couple years now. What is that about? Come on.

Additionally he will be less apt to rush the QB and attack the line(get sucked up) because with Carter, Haynseworth, Orakpo will apply the necessary pressure. This will allow him to tackle at the gaps and pick up backs on quick hits or screens. Reading these threads I am quite positive many have not played football, or are capable of throwing a spiral.

It wasn't his age that played a factor, he just really misread what was going on. By the time he realized what play was developing his guy was past him and he was playing catch up. He looked lost on that play, to be honest.

But this is London freakin' Fletcher we're talking about lol...that play was NOT an indication of anything other than he's human. Even if he had blown up that play and made the highlight reel with a bone-jarring tackle, we'd still need to find his replacement soon because of his age alone.

I didn't need to go any further than the second or third post to find common sense on this. Sure Fletcher got burned because he misread the play not because he was so slow that he couldn't keep up. He thought about going towards the QB and then he saw that when it was too late that Rice was leaving the backfield leaving him in a vulnerable trail position.

Archived