Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London finally showing his age?

shakinaiken

Has America gone too far with Twitter?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Has America gone too far with Twitter?

It wasn't his age that played a factor, he just really misread what was going on. By the time he realized what play was developing his guy was past him and he was playing catch up. He looked lost on that play, to be honest.

But this is London freakin' Fletcher we're talking about lol...that play was NOT an indication of anything other than he's human. Even if he had blown up that play and made the highlight reel with a bone-jarring tackle, we'd still need to find his replacement soon because of his age alone.

He wasn't showing his age -- that was more like a rookie mistake the way he bit on the route.

He's not someone who's ever excelled at covering backs down the field. He needed to give Rice a bigger cushion there.

well maybe, but i have remember quite vividly last year vs the eagles, him running step for step with Brian westbrook down the field.. and westbrook's pretty quick.. plus wasn't he reported to have 4.3 speed? i recall some thread here that stated that

Yeah, he got beat initially, but he kept pace with Ray Rice in the open field.

Yeah -- it's always nice to keep pace with the guy as he's gaining mondo yards. Maybe they can add that as an official defensive stat - "Keeping Pace".

:hysterical:

If that's true, he couldn't have regressed very much in 1 year - or enough to warrant panic.

He had a 4.3 combine speed when he was first drafted. Do you really believe he is still that quick when hes been in the league for 12 years:hysterical:

well maybe, but i have remember quite vividly last year vs the eagles, him running step for step with Brian westbrook down the field.. and westbrook's pretty quick.. plus wasn't he reported to have 4.3 speed? i recall some thread here that stated that

That's because he gave Westbrook more of a cushion (it's Westbrook, afterall lol) and didn't get sucked into the middle like he did with Rice. Fletcher had to turn around before starting to run while Rice was already running his route full speed.

Im totally confident with HB Blades at middle linebacker so i dont think theirs any real need to start panicking

I agree. Blades seems to have a good grasp of any linebacker position, so if his natural one is MLB, I think he could really shine. I don't see a need to look somewhere else for London's replacement. But also, I think it's much too early to talk about it. One play does not predict anything, and despite what happened last night, I'm not panicking or nervous about the season to come for any individual player, or as a team. Well, except for Tryon...

wow, i'll take what your having

whats wrong with H.B. I though he fit in well last year giving the fact that he was undersized and will probably be another clone of fletcher when he plays MLB which they are grooming him for. Training camp reported taht he was doing well in the drills and he never really absolutley let anyone down during the regular season so i have no reason not to believe it.

4.3 speed? WTF,....

Running step for step means exactly dick -- the point is to be in the right place so you can tackle[/] him,.....not chase him.

Holy hell,....

Archived