Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you concerned or Do you even care Vick's an Eagle?

OxonHillSkinsFan89

As I watched the press conference of Michael Vick with the Eagles (still can't get used to the idea) I started listening to Philly sports radio and fan reactions. (Needless to say most have already claimed Miami).

I was actually surprised at how many people called in to say they hated the idea of him being on the team. Not necessarily because of Vick but moreso because of their love of McNabb. Anyway, there is some speculation that he may be fully reinstated at the earliest by Week 2. Anyway, my question is are you concerned about the Skins facing an Eagles team w/Mike Vick?

I can only hope that McNabb struggles midway through the season and is benched for Vick, and then McNabb is shown the door after this season. Vick is a joke as a QB, all our defense would have to do is keep him in the pocket and Vick will struggle. I would love to see Reid and the Eagles screw up and decide to get rid of McNabb in favor of Vick, it will be the demise of Reid's time as the head coach, and the Eagles will struggle.

Vick, McNabb, and Westbrook on the field is a scary concept but I'm not scared nor do I think it's going to change the Eagles this year. What I am scared of is the future because I think we are going to see a different Vick who is taking his career alot more serious and for the first time ever I think he's going to put 100% into becoming the QB everyone originally expected him to be.

I think its a terrible move for them for a couple reasons. Donovan McNabb doesn't handle controversy well and signing Vick will make it inevitable, especially in Philly. Then the obvious reason- He has spent the last 2 YEARS in jail. I would be shocked if he is the same player. On the off chance he is there will still be trouble w/ McNabb so it seems like a lose lose to me.

Was McNabb happy when T.O. was brought in? I think he was.

I'm not sure how the Eagles plan on using him. They have McNabb so its not like Vick will see alot of time at QB. I guess they'll use him out of the Wildcat, but I dunno. I don't really see him getting alot of playing time this year just because he would have alot of learning to do and to get back into shape.

To be honest, I'm really surprised we didn't end up with him. As much as we were trying to get a QB in the offseason, Vick wouldn't have cost us any draft picks and if after a season it didn't seem like it would work, we could let him go. I would've had mixed feeling about him here, but it wouldn't have hurt.

I live here and the fans are PISSED!

I'd say for every one that thinks it's okay, there are 9 who feel betrayed big time.

Me? I didn't want him back in the NFL, but at least I get to watch our Defense PWN his ass twice a year.

Well you know us Dog lovers would hate this!

Let's hear from Huly also!She knows!

It does give me some bullets up here in Pa. land.:evilg:

Just to think I liked that Kid at one point in my life.

I would have felt a lot better if an AFC team picked him up or at least someone outside of our division... there's just no denying that guy's athleticism and the wildcat possibilities with him, a true runner/passer, it could be devestating...

so I guess, yeah, I care a lot....

Archived