Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA SOCCER: USA VS. Mexico Wed 4pm

heyholetsgogrant

**** you cox cable in williamsburg. those *******s aren't showing the game for free.

I think I found an online link, it's listed for 4 pm today but not sure if it'll work

Later this afternoon when the game starts I'll check the link out and see if it works

I think I found an online link, it's listed for 4 pm today but not sure if it'll work

Later this afternoon when the game starts I'll check the link out and see if it works

I should not have to watch my own national team play in a WC qualifier against our biggest rival ONLINE :mad:

Whatever, I just sent the following email to USA soccer

I love watching US soccer and this summer has been an awesome one for futbol in the USA.

From the Confederations Cup to the Gold Cup, to all of the great international friendlies and MLS games that have been played. I even got to travel from Washington DC to watch the USA vs Honduras WC qualifier at Soldier Field.

Today, I was very excited to be able to watch USA vs Mexico on tv, until I found out that the game isn't even available through my cable provider. I understand that mun2 is providing a free preview of their channel, but my cable provider does not even carry that channel.

I am quite angry and frankly embarrassed that USA Soccer, at such a critical time for growing the popularity of the sport and particularly the MNT in its own country, would not go the extra distance to make this game easily available to anyone who wants to watch it.

ESPN has fairly heavily advertised the game, but makes no mention (unless I missed it) that they're not even the ones showing it. Soccer highlights are regularly making Sportscenter's "top plays" this summer, yet when it comes to arguably the biggest soccer game thus far this summer, many Americans will not even be able to watch their own team fight for their first ever win at Azteca, which would put them a huge step closer to qualifying for SA 2010 while simultaneously all but crushing the hopes of hated rivals Mexico.

I hope in the future USA Soccer will make a much better effort of making games easily accessible to all Americans. With an epic run in the Confederations Cup, numerous WC qualifying games, and a great run in the Gold Cup, this summer has provided a great opportunity for USA soccer to promote the popularity of the sport and the team to current and potential US fans, and I hope you will do a better job taking advantage of that opportunity.

don't tread on me,

renaissance

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-us-mexico-soccer12-2009aug12,0,1163651.story

It turns out that the coach of Mexico's national soccer team is not only an NFL fan but a Cowboys fan. And not only a Cowboys fan but a Roger Staubach fan.

"I have to confess, I've been a Cowboys fan since birth," Aguirre told Jones. "I have everything when it comes to Roger Staubach. Everything."

ESPN has fairly heavily advertised the game, but makes no mention (unless I missed it) that they're not even the ones showing it. Soccer highlights are regularly making Sportscenter's "top plays" this summer, yet when it comes to arguably the biggest soccer game thus far this summer, many Americans will not even be able to watch their own team fight for their first ever win at Azteca, which would put them a huge step closer to qualifying for SA 2010 while simultaneously all but crushing the hopes of hated rivals Mexico.

Maybe ESPN is showing "Competitive Eating Championships" during that time?

I'll admit to not knowing all the "who's going to show" it wrangling going on , but how much would it cost ESPN to buy the rights? Seems like it would be a huge draw in our country.

Fortunately I have DD.

Maybe ESPN is showing "Competitive Eating Championships" during that time?

I'll admit to not knowing all the "who's going to show" it wrangling going on , but how much would it cost ESPN to buy the rights? Seems like it would be a huge draw in our country.

Fortunately I have DD.

Bleh, I also emailed NBC Universal who owns mun2, asking why they couldn't show the broadcast on one of the other million channels they own instead of the one channel that probably the least amount of cable providers actually offers. I honestly don't care if they solve my problem (a little late for that at this point), I just want to express my ager to them since it's their channel.

Whatevs, I'm just going to watch online since I don't feel like driving all the way to my bro's house or going to a bar to watch with a bunch of Mexicans.

Archived