Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Coverage - Day 10 - Scrimmage (FINAL)

bredskin

Campbell threw a pick and only threw check down routes.

In other words: Same old,same old.

Good to hear Jarmon and Orakpo stood out. These two turn out to be as good as the reputations they're building in camp, then Vinny moves up the ladder a little bit and out of the basement,draft wise.

Talking about tv coverage. I have the direct tv package an got charged for it this month. There is no season football yet so it makes me think i get preseason. I havent called yet so will do.

100% positive Sunday ticket DOES NOT include preseason. We get charged for it in August though.

NFL Network is showing all the preseason games, mostly as re-airs though.

Marko Mitchell seems like the player of the day on offense. Who would you give the honors to on both sides of the ball?

While Marko Mitchell did have several catches, he also had more than a few dropped passes. His inflated numbers were due to him seeing what we think was the most playing time of any WR.

Guys who stood out? Brian Orakpo. Jeremy Jarmon. Cody Glenn. Justin Tryon (until the terrible pass interference on Mitchell when the pass from Chase Daniel was uncatchable). On offense? The duo of Todd Collins and Todd Yoder was quietly effective. D.J. Hackett caught whatever was thrown his way. Trent Shelton had a nice touchdown reception. So did Keith Eloi (on Reed Doughty).

While Marko Mitchell did have several catches, he also had more than a few dropped passes. His inflated numbers were due to him seeing what we think was the most playing time of any WR.

Guys who stood out? Brian Orakpo. Jeremy Jarmon. Cody Glenn. Justin Tryon (until the terrible pass interference on Mitchell when the pass from Chase Daniel was uncatchable). On offense? The duo of Todd Collins and Todd Yoder was quietly effective. D.J. Hackett caught whatever was thrown his way. Trent Shelton had a nice touchdown reception. So did Keith Eloi (on Reed Doughty).

Good to know about Hackett and our offense doesn't suck THAT much. This preseason should be exciting.

How can Bugel, Zorn, and Snyder all really look at this offensive line and keep saying "were going to stick with the guys we have". This is beginning to be a joke.....they need to get some bodies in quickly.....I mean SOMEONE, ANYONE. I hope the Ravens destroy them just to WAKE THEM UP!

I mean trust me im typically a total homer. But this CONSTANT news about the Oline sucking day in and day out is really beginning to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard happen with this team.....and thats saying something.

im gonna keep asking until someone answers me lol

has laron landry been invisible this training camp? ive only heard his name a few times for a batted pass and a dropped gimme pick.

He is most likely playing really deep as usual and the quarterbacks dont have more than a second to throw so they dont even have a chance to throw it more than 4 yards.

How can Bugel, Zorn, and Snyder all really look at this offensive line and keep saying "were going to stick with the guys we have". This is beginning to be a joke.....they need to get some bodies in quickly.....I mean SOMEONE, ANYONE. I hope the Ravens destroy them just to WAKE THEM UP!

I mean trust me im typically a total homer. But this CONSTANT news about the Oline sucking day in and day out is really beginning to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard happen with this team.....and thats saying something.

Quoted for truth. May these words go from your mouth to the front office's ears.

The issue about the offensive line is a common thread going around the various NFL camps right now. If you were to read any of the stories on other camps, you will read how poorly the offensive line play is at several camps. I have read stories of poor line play by the Eagles, Jets, Cowgirls, and Broncos. I'm sure there are others.

Offensive line play, in particular, and the offense in general, is ALWAYS behind the defense at this stage in camp. Our o-line was also playing without several starters.

Yes, I am concerned about the offensive line...but the o-line is playing against arguably the best or second best defensive line in the NFL.

And for those who want the Skins to bring someone in, just who do you think is better? Runyon?? Yeah, a Philly castoff that no other team has signed. Levi Jones? Same story.

There may be some depth to pickup as teams start cutting. But you are not going to see any quality starting offensive linemen lying around waiting to be picked up. We pretty much have what we have for the year in camp.

Archived