Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Coverage - Day 10 - Scrimmage (FINAL)

bredskin

Gee....I'm hoping the offensive line dominates the Ravens.....why would you hope they suck?

I obviously didnt mean it to a point......I guess I was a little worked up yesterday ;).

But I honestly think that after Snyder watches what is going to happen to them on the field against the Ravens......we are going to have a few guys in camp pronto on the offensive line.

I obviously didnt mean it to a point......I guess I was a little worked up yesterday ;).

But I honestly think that after Snyder watches what is going to happen to them on the field against the Ravens......we are going to have a few guys in camp pronto on the offensive line.

This is exactly why not everyone on the site graded the draft an A+.

It is why some believe an Oher/E Brown combo would have been much better than Orakpo alone.

It is why many believe the FO simply doesn't understand how to build a team, and hasn't for a decade.

And it is why some have laughed over the years whenever a new poster would scream we had a chance to go the the SB.

And it is why many believe we can still be only 8-8 going forward, until either Vinny is replaced, or until Dan and Vinny learn football.

And if you believe the O-line is bad now.....just wait until next year. It will be even worse.

Our team is already screwed next year, due to the need to replace so many people on the 0-line with starting talent, and not enough draft picks available.

And if we use every single pick on o-line next year? We better hope that JC works, Fletcher can play 2 more years, Carlos Rogers stays, and a myriad of other things work out perfectly. And don't forget Landry.

It was apparent to some that this was finally going to catch up with us, and totally screw us over. The media, and most fans now, are catching on.

It is why we are always picked to finish last in the division.

It is why the media never takes us seriously.

And it is why people who have no idea about football, call the media "crazy," even though they continue to be correct about us.

People who have been saying this, to some extent, have been called "haters" by the uninformed on this site.

Now we just call them smart.

Our offensive line will look much better if Campbell really has a quicker drop back and release.

Yeah but THEY KNOW he doesnt have a quick release. So a competent team would build their offensive line around the fact, their quarterback doesnt have a quick release. Its about having DIRECTION.

What in gods name is this teams direction? They just seem to be all over the place.....and always have been.

Teams like Pittsburgh can get away with a suspect offensive line, due to the fact their quarterback can make plays in the pocket. Thats something the Redskins simply cannot do.

Our offensive line will look much better if Campbell really has a quicker drop back and release.

Some would argue that if the offensive line was even mediocre, then Campbell would look better because he'd actually have time to ... you know ... throw the ball.

How can Bugel, Zorn, and Snyder all really look at this offensive line and keep saying "were going to stick with the guys we have". This is beginning to be a joke.....they need to get some bodies in quickly.....I mean SOMEONE, ANYONE. I hope the Ravens destroy them just to WAKE THEM UP!

I mean trust me im typically a total homer. But this CONSTANT news about the Oline sucking day in and day out is really beginning to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard happen with this team.....and thats saying something.

O-line is complete garbage, Bugel needs to retire, front office blew it in the offseason by ignoring the O-line but will never admit it, another season of dink and dunk that scares absolutely nobody while I am falling asleep by halftime watching this pathetically boring offense that Zorn is running. Gee, sign me up for another exciting season of Redskins football!!! What a joke :mad:

I believe you can rebuild an offensive line in ONE offseason. The Miami Dolphins just did it a few years back. But that would mean we would have to keep Campbell around.....which probably wont happen.

It just irks me because I think we have a solid team THIS year.....that can win games......IF we had an offensive line. They need to be taking the time they have RIGHT NOW to start bringing in guys by the truck load for the line.....before the season is lost before it even starts.

Im probably going to far to early......just kinda the way I feel right now...

I believe you can rebuild an offensive line in ONE offseason. The Miami Dolphins just did it a few years back. But that would mean we would have to keep Campbell around.....which probably wont happen.

It just irks me because I think we have a solid team THIS year.....that can win games......IF we had an offensive line. They need to be taking the time they have RIGHT NOW to start bringing in guys by the truck load for the line.....before the season is lost before it even starts.

Im probably going to far to early......just kinda the way I feel right now...

I agree with everything you said, but I think our line, (when healthy) is much better than we sometimes make it out to be.

the line played very well the first half of last year, our depth at o-line was horrible last year. May be the same this year unless rinehardt and bridges pan out

He is most likely playing really deep as usual and the quarterbacks dont have more than a second to throw so they dont even have a chance to throw it more than 4 yards.

i really hope theyre not still playing him so deep..i thought they said they wanted to change that this year to help him make more plays...guess not

Either way, the main thing is all JC needs is an extra second to read the field to make a world of difference. I'm gonna say that the extra second doesn't look like its gonna come from his line, so I hope he impoved his quickness dropping back.

We get can get a extra 2-3 seconds by going to the Shotgun. I can't believe we don't do this more often. JC needs all the help he can get. Another thing that bugs me is Zorn preaches don't move the pocket, How on this earth do you expect JC not to move this pocket, when every play he is getting bull rushed. He should be expecting the pocket to move. :doh: This is where I think JZ needs to pull his head out!!!!

We get can get a extra 2-3 seconds by going to the Shotgun. I can't believe we don't do this more often. JC needs all the help he can get. Another thing that bugs me is Zorn preaches don't move the pocket, How on this earth do you expect JC not to move this pocket, when every play he is getting bull rushed. He should be expecting the pocket to move. :doh: This is where I think JZ needs to pull his head out!!!!

Actually, you're on the right track. Campbell's numbers out of the shotgun are actually much better than any other formation. I'll have to dig all that up one of these days.

O-line is complete garbage, Bugel needs to retire, front office blew it in the offseason by ignoring the O-line but will never admit it, another season of dink and dunk that scares absolutely nobody while I am falling asleep by halftime watching this pathetically boring offense that Zorn is running. Gee, sign me up for another exciting season of Redskins football!!! What a joke

If the Redskins are such a joke, why wast your time rooting for them? :logo:

Archived