Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder operated 980 shuts out 106.7 at Redskins Park

BleedinBurgNGold

I like the Sports Reporters alot, Czabe cracks me up. Sheehan isn't great and the ESPN syndicated stuff is tolerable, it updates me on the other sports stuff when I'm in the car on the way to work. Mike and Mike aren't great but they make me laugh sometimes, my standards with sports radio aren't extremely high.

John Thompson, as much as I respect him, doesn't know dick about football. He tries to compare everything to basketball and its extremely annoying.

Chad Dukes is miserable, and I hate LaVar. The other day he was talking about overrated coaches and players and trying to downplay his own "overratedness" which cracked me up. He is the last guy that should have been given time to talk about the Redskins.

I honestly prefer 980 overall, though I admit I haven't given 106.7 enough time to grow on me.

I like the Sports Reporters alot, Czabe cracks me up. I am a diehard SR fan. Will never listen to anything else.

Mike and Mike aren't great but they make me laugh sometimes, my standards with sports radio aren't extremely high. Mike and Mike make me want to put a pistol in my mouth. "hey Golic.....why yeeessssss, Greenie?" Christ shoot me.\

John Thompson, as much as I respect him, doesn't know dick about football. He tries to compare everything to basketball and its extremely annoying.

Yes

QUOTE]

Doc is the only reason to listen to 980 but unfortunately he has John Thompson:doh: plus I can't get that station or the weak FM signals at work. But I do get 106.7 and actually think Lavar is a lot better than I thought he'd be. But 980 needs to dump Colin Cowherd, I don't see what the fascination is with him, he's awful:whoknows:

What's so bad about John Thompson? I don't understand why people can't stand him so much.

A similar example could be when I heard Chris "Mad Dog" Russo complaining because he couldn't broadcast his SIRIUSXM show from the new Mets stadium because WTEM, the team's flagship station, wouldn't let him. As the station that pays for those rights, their entitled to certain privileges.

When did WFAN change to WTEM?

I like the Sports Reporters alot, Czabe cracks me up. Sheehan isn't great and the ESPN syndicated stuff is tolerable, it updates me on the other sports stuff when I'm in the car on the way to work. Mike and Mike aren't great but they make me laugh sometimes, my standards with sports radio aren't extremely high.

Chad Dukes is miserable, and I hate LaVar. The other day he was talking about overrated coaches and players and trying to downplay his own "overratedness" which cracked me up. He is the last guy that should have been given time to talk about the Redskins.

I honestly prefer 980 overall, though I admit I haven't given 106.7 enough time to grow on me.

Czabe and Andy are entertaining but their knowledge of sports outside golf is just horrible. I am pretty confident Czabe doesn't really know anything about the Wizards or much about the Skins.

screw 980, they are a bit boring. I like the lavar show. I also like that they can trash snyder on air because HE DESERVES IT! when he does one thing well i'm sure they will praise him as well, however that might be a while. i just think snyder is acting childish by stating only one station, his biased homer based station :censored:, can have access to the facility. Looks like someone doesnt take to competition very well. It's a scared puppy move. :jerk:

Why would you want to listen to 980 at night anyways? It all just ESPN syndicated garbage you can probably find on another station anyways.

The title of this thread is deceiving. It sounds like 106.7 is being shut out COMPLETELY of covering Redskin Training Camp. The post sounds like that isn't the case and they may otherwise not be getting certain interviews or prime spots for grabbing guests and viewing practice. That's probably within 980 and Snyder's right as the exclusive station of the team.

A similar example could be when I heard Chris "Mad Dog" Russo complaining because he couldn't broadcast his SIRIUSXM show from the new Mets stadium because WTEM, the team's flagship station, wouldn't let him. As the station that pays for those rights, their entitled to certain privileges.

Snyder owns 980, right? That does make it a little different.

I think there is probably an antitrust violation worth looking into if I'm the Fan.

I skip both usually.

I don't get 106.7 here, but when I've streamed it I haven't been that impressed.

Don't like the junkies, Wise is hit and miss and I could care less about what Lavar has to say.

As for 980, I can't stand Man-girl and Meatball in the morning (Mike and Mike) and Cowherd is the biggest douche.

I like Sheehan and Vinny's Red Zone is a good listen (trust me you get a) an occasional tidbit of inside info. B) Vinny is a walking catchphrase of hilarity great example is how he pronounces Orakpo.

Czabe is tolerable and Polin is boring and dull. And the John Thompson show is horrible unless you really like basketball or care about race relations. Coach seems pretty bored unless he's talking hoops (he himself admitted that when they had Snyder there and all he could ask him was for a bigger chair and iabout Mike Vick).

I stick to Fox Sports. I like Czabe in the morning, Dan Patrick, Hartman and Myers, Petros and Money and JT the Brick.

I never understood why 980 was an ESPN affiliate.

While I don't have a preference of one over the other, blocking them out is pure BS. I have no idea what the fear is. I mean, people will be critical of what you do, you can't try and avoid it. Just let people report, unless you know your actions are stupid.
ergh that is lame. way to go snyder :doh:

Are you guys seriously that clueless?

It is about sponsors, ratings, and money. If McDonald's was holding a carnival, do you think they would allow any other fast food chain to set up a kiosk or tent there? Hell no.

By blocking out 106, Snyder has given his station exclusive coverage of training camp. He doesn't need to allow the competition in, nor would it make any business sense for him to do so.

Based on subtle comments made on the new DC Sports station 106.7 FM 'The Fan' by the on air commentators it seems Daniel Snyder is shutting out 'The Fans' reporters from getting certain access at Redskins Park. This is not surprising being that Daniel Snyder owns Red Zebra which operates ESPN 980. The commentators at 106 say they cannot talk about the situation which tells me that 980 and 106 may also be in the process of a court fight do to this as well. I would urge everyone to switch to 106 until Snyder gives 106 the same courtesey it gives all other Media outlets that are not in direct competition with him. 106 is still new and going through the motions and aren't that great right now, but I'm willing to give them time. 980 isn't all that good either.

HTTR

:helmet::point2sky

I tried listening to 106 and couldn't stand it. I don't care for Snyder much but I can't stand all the hating on him and Vinny and it seems everyone on that station has a slanted/hating view about anything with the front office and I'm sick of it. We all know Lavar has an ax to grind & I knew he'd use the opportunity on radio to grind it. At least on 980 there's some objectiveness without the hating.

It is about sponsors, ratings, and money. If McDonald's was holding a carnival, do you think they would allow any other fast food chain to set up a kiosk or tent there? Hell no.

By blocking out 106, Snyder has given his station exclusive coverage of training camp. He doesn't need to allow the competition in, nor would it make any business sense for him to do so.

You hit it right on the money Taylor36

I tried listening to 106 and couldn't stand it. I don't care for Snyder much but I can't stand all the hating on him and Vinny and it seems everyone on that station has a slanted/hating view about anything with the front office and I'm sick of it. We all know Lavar has an ax to grind & I knew he'd use the opportunity on radio to grind it. At least on 980 there's some objectiveness without the hating.

you act like 980 doesn't. Do you ever listen to the Sports Reporters? ZORN AND GIBBS stopped going to them because of how they treated them.

Yeah, but now its getting into antitrust issues because the Red Zebra station shouldn't be able to gain an unfair advantage just because they're owned by the same guy who owns the Redskins. Thats like Windows packaging explorer into their operating system to get rid of Netscape Navigator.

Archived