Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: David Ortiz & Manny tested positive for Performance Enhancers in 2003

StillUnknown

I look at baseball and these steroid results like this - "the more things change..."

If everyone is doing them, then everyone is on the same level. We've even had random jabroni's who can barely make a 40-man get caught and suspended. Personally I think steroids actually have a smaller impact than the hype and coverage leads you to believe. McGwire was a beast his rookie season and he was skinny as ****. Clemens was nasty from the get-go. The only abnormality in my opinion has been Bonds.

I would like the whole list to just be revealed so all the useless hoopla can be over with.

No no no NO!

It's only Barry Bonds, remember? Everyone else is clean. He disgraced the game, his records are a scam, he should never go into the HoF. :silly: Remember those threads?

The really funny thing is that even more pitchers cheated than hitters. All those guys throwing 99 mph heat ... yep.

I long ago stopped caring about it, the same way I stopped worrying that Joe Jacoby was on steroids back in the day. It is just the nature of the game now. Play on.

Does this taint Boston's WS run?

Of course it does. There should be asterisks applied to those victories since Manny and Ortiz had a lot to do with them being in position to win them.

Now the sportswriters must be on their knees praying that Albert Pujols won't get caught. I wouldn't be surprised if he used hard to trace PEDs from a source that isn't on the radar.

No no no NO!

It's only Barry Bonds, remember? Everyone else is clean. He disgraced the game, his records are a scam, he should never go into the HoF. :silly: Remember those threads?

The really funny thing is that even more pitchers cheated than hitters. All those guys throwing 99 mph heat ... yep.

I long ago stopped caring about it, the same way I stopped worrying that Joe Jacoby was on steroids back in the day. It is just the nature of the game now. Play on.

Bonds is a scumbag and repeatedly lied.

Ortiz came out today and didn't hide anything. Two vastly different ways to handle the situation.

Ortiz came out today and didn't hide anything. Two vastly different ways to handle the situation.

The situation was handled better, sure.

But the fact remains that Ortiz cheated, same as Bonds, and he kept his innocent act up until he got exposed by a third party and couldn't do so any more. Same as the rest of them.

Bonds may get in trouble for lying, but his secret 'roiding ain't no different than your guys secret 'roiding (whatever team you may root for).

So Ortiz and Manny are confirmed.

Nixon, Damon, Garciaparra, Millar, Martinez and Bellhorn are extremely likely roiders.

They may be the #1 Roid team of the road era.

Yet none of them were on the Mitchell Report. Wonder why... :whoknows:

Yet none of them were on the Mitchell Report. Wonder why... :whoknows:

Because the Mitchell report centered around the network of like 4 distributors like Piatt and Grimsley. Not directly linked to them, then you're not on the list. That report was useless.

• 2 weeks later...

This is coming clean and not hiding anything? Yea right......he is lying through his teeth.

Ortiz apologizes for 'distraction'

August 8, 2009

NEW YORK -- David Ortiz believes then-legal supplements and vitamins likely caused him to land on a 2003 list of alleged drug users seized by the federal government, and Major League Baseball and the players' association said some of the players on the list never tested positive for performance-enhancing substances.

MLB said in a statement Saturday that 96 urine samples, at most, tested positive in the 2003 survey -- and the players' association said 13 of those were in dispute.

The government seized the samples and records of 104 players from baseball's drug-testing companies in 2004 as part of the BALCO investigation into Barry Bonds and others. The list of players said to have tested positive, attached to a grand jury subpoena, is part of a five-year legal fight, with the union trying to force the government to return what federal agents took during raids.

"I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter -- legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter -- but I never buy steroids or use steroids," Ortiz said during a news conference that began about 3½ hours before his Boston Red Sox played the New York Yankees.

"I never thought that buying supplements and vitamins, it was going to hurt anybody's feelings."

The New York Times reported last month that Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were on the 2003 list and said earlier that Sammy Sosa was on it. In February, Sports Illustrated reported Alex Rodriguez was on it, and Rodriguez later admitted he had used performance-enhancing substances from 2001 to 2003.

Read the rest from the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4385699

Archived