Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So why does everybody think that everyteam in the NFC east improved more than us?

21MadFan

Our most glaring problem was our QB. And we did not improve it.

That's it. That's the reason. No further discussion needed. That is why everyone still doubts us. QB.

Amen.

Defense was not the problem or the reason the skins finished 2-6 last year. The 17 points per game average is the main reason and the offense was not addressed......

Most preseason stuff is about perception, and perception starts with how the teams ended last year. Fact is, we faded down the stretch and struggled offensively. To get more respect, the offense needs to prove that they can do the job. No matter what the changes, we were going to get dinged on that. That isn't going to change until the team gets on the field and prove that they can do better.

Because they did?

Bull**** they did. The Cowboys? They got worse. Or at best treaded water. And this is just ESPN's hate for the Skins and love for the Cowgirls seeping through. If you talk to actual Giants or Eagles fans, they both agree that the Cowboys didn't improve whereas the other teams made a huge effort to do so.

The fact is that the two teams that improved the most are the Skins and Eagles. With the Giants running a close 3rd. Trailed by a long ways are the Cowgirls.

Why ask why??

Even when we have have success we're damned and when we don't it's the same story.

All I care about is the team getting it together and getting the job done consistently.

Screw Lavar Arrington,Brian Mitchell, Jamie Dukes,Deion,JLC, Solomon Wilcotts,Marshall Faulk, Mike Florio,Colin Cowherd, Comcast Sports,NFL Network,ESPN,Fox,PFT and whoever else.Opinions are like *******s everybody's got one.

Our most glaring problem was our QB. And we did not improve it.

That's it. That's the reason. No further discussion needed. That is why everyone still doubts us. QB.

I saw a comment in the Post where someone said that we threw 100 mill and 2 draft picks at the No. 4 ranked Defense's line and on the 28th ranked offense's line "we were hoping a fat guy loses weight". Thats halarious but so true and besides Dock its where we didnt improve as much as we needed to.

The right side of our OL really concerns me.

I saw a comment in the Post where someone said that we threw 100 mill and 2 draft picks at the No. 4 ranked Defense's line and on the 28th ranked offense's line "we were hoping a fat guy loses weight". Thats halarious but so true and besides Dock its where we didnt improve as much as we needed to.

The right side of our OL really concerns me.

Course, people think the only improvement you can make is bringing in new people. People used to make fun of that by calling it "winning the offseason". So, for one year we didn't "win the offseason", yet people are nervous.

Just like any team, the proof that the offseason moves were worth a damn will come when the pads get put on and we start getting better ideas on how the players play together.

I'll be concerned about the OL when it becomes time to do so. So far, we've seen nothing either way.

Why does everyone ALWAYS want respect from the media? WHO CARES! The only way we're getting respect is if we have something to show for it. There hasn't been anything to boast about for a long time now. Again who cares. Whats respect gonna get you? Make you wear your 'skins jersey prouder? Just because ESPN or another media outlet put the 'skins last in their predictions, doesn't mean thats how the year will play out. The media, you, or me won't win the division. The players do.

The only team I have seen get positive reviews across the board has been the Eagles.

Dallas has come in for a lot of questioning this offseason.

Clayton questioned their OL.

A lot of others have questioned the deal to bring Roy Williams to Dallas and count upon him as a #1 WR.

Troy Aikman criticized Romo sits to pee's leadership and work ethic.

I think with NY the media justbelieves they are a better team and that Washington didn't close the gap since January.

We still have a lot of questions on offense. More so than any other team in the division.

But who cares?

Frankly, I'm a little puzzled by the crazy love for the Eagles. The Skins beat them twice last year without any kind of offense.

They also lost the best d-coordinator in the league.

And Philly and super high expectations? Oh yeah, that should end well.

We are deservedly the fourth placed team in the NFCE, we only made marginal improvements to our dismal offense, and we still have more questions than answers.

Do you feel we deserve to be praised for that?

Realistically, we are going to be fourth in the east again.

The reality is that if we cannot score more points we are not going to win more games. Defense is improved but that was not our real problem last season.

We got older on the OL, QB still has yet to prove he can play in the NFL and WRs that would not start on most other teams. Top all that off with the fact Zorn looked a lot like the Old Ball Coach last season. He could not understand why those plays that looked so good on paper did not work on the field?????

We did very little to improve our weakest points. I am sorry but we have a lot of ???? marks and what ifs on the offensive side of the ball.

The rest of the teams in the east are much more well rounded than we are right now. IMHO

Archived