Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: Visa card surprise: $23,148,855,308,184,500 (Merged, MET)

FLRedskins

Wow thats a pretty expensive pack

To err is human, to really screw up requires a computer.

How the hell is his overdraft fee only $15??? Mine is $35 and they apply is selectively so we get shafted the greatest number of times possible if we're having a bad week. ****s.

That's how much they SHOULD cost, lol.

:doh: No chance we should have ANY personal freedoms in this country, huh? The place I work at just instituted a complete ban on smoking on their property. The smokers are literally getting in their cars at breaktime to drive off the property past the guardshack so they can smoke. Ridiculous. You're an idiot if you smoke, you're weak-willed if you can't quit, but I support your right to do to yourself whatever you want to. This is not Nazi mother****ing Germany, people!!!!!

:doh: No chance we should have ANY personal freedoms in this country, huh? The place I work at just instituted a complete ban on smoking on their property. The smokers are literally getting in their cars at breaktime to drive off the property past the guardshack so they can smoke. Ridiculous. You're an idiot if you smoke, you're weak-willed if you can't quit, but I support your right to do to yourself whatever you want to. This is not Nazi mother****ing Germany, people!!!!!

Neither of these things prevents people from smoking. It just makes it more expensive, and less convenient. So they are still free to choose to smoke, it just won't be as cheap and easy.

Neither of these things prevents people from smoking. It just makes it more expensive, and less convenient. So they are still free to choose to smoke, it just won't be as cheap and easy.

Ahhh, so curtailing freedoms without actually taking them completely away...that's ok? That's what we're supposed to be about? In 200 years we've went from "Give me liberty or give me death" to being smoking Nazis. Sadness. :(

To err is human, to really screw up requires a computer.

How the hell is his overdraft fee only $15??? Mine is $35 and they apply is selectively so we get shafted the greatest number of times possible if we're having a bad week. ****s.

Yea that royally ticks me off. Rather than pay the charges so they can pay the most off, they pay them from biggest charge to smallest so that they can ding you $35 for every $2 soda you bought and rack up 5 or 6 charges. Its ridiculous!

Making something so expensive people cannot afford it has the same effect as banning it. Its just a PC way to do the same thing. What if they made cars cost a minimum $50,000 for the junk cars? They are not stopping you from driving are they? Only now, most people cannot afford a car so they have no choice but to take the bus.

link

N.H. man surprised to see 17-digit charge after purchase at gas station

MANCHESTER, N.H. - A New Hampshire man says he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and was charged over 23 quadrillion dollars.

Josh Muszynski checked his account online a few hours later and saw the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500 (twenty-three quadrillion, one hundred forty-eight trillion, eight hundred fifty-five billion, three hundred eight million, one hundred eighty-four thousand, five hundred dollars).

Muszynski says he spent two hours on the phone with Bank of America trying to sort out the string of numbers and the $15 overdraft fee.

Can't have that overdraft fee, that would just ruin the guy.

Ahhh, so curtailing freedoms without actually taking them completely away...that's ok? (

Why doesn't your employer have the freedom to decide what kind of workplace he or she will have? It is his or her company, right?

does it really have anything to do with this country? I mean you work for a private company. No one is making you work there. Aside from having a guardshack at the edge of the property, the similarities with Nazi Germany end there.

Why doesn't your employer have the freedom to decide what kind of workplace he or she will have? It is his or her company, right?

Sure they do. Having the right or power to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do. I have the right to smoke but I choose not to because it's addictive and bad for me. In the case in question, it's silly to make people take the time to go clear off the property during their breaks to smoke. They weren't bothering anyone by going outside. It's all a PR thing from what I can tell, just like "Going Green". Pointless.

does it really have anything to do with this country? I mean you work for a private company. No one is making you work there. Aside from having a guardshack at the edge of the property, the similarities with Nazi Germany end there.

Yes, it does. Because these policies do not come out of thin air. There is more and more a prevailing attitude that it's ok to castigate a particular group if you aren't one of them or don't like what they do. I'm talking about little things here, like smoking or being fat, as opposed to murderers. The same sort of mentality in 1930's Germany allowed Hitler to be elected to power from a party known for it's hatred of Jews. Granted, the scale is different, but we're falling into the same kind of trap on some of these things right now IMO.

Then why cant I allow people to smoke inside their offices in my company? They only allow things to be more restrictive. The government restricts down to a certain level and then you allow others to restrict further. I have no problem with companies making their premises non-smoking but if they are allowed to do that then I should be allowed to let people smoke in my building. Its my company right?

Occupational Safety and Health laws. If the smokers' actions were only affecting themselves, I would see no problem with it.

But its my business right? If people know smoking is allowed, they make a choice to work there do they not? If you dont want to be around smoking, you can choose the company that does not allow anyone to smoke anywhere on their property.

But its my business right? If people know smoking is allowed, they make a choice to work there do they not? If you dont want to be around smoking, you can choose the company that does not allow anyone to smoke anywhere on their property.

What about safety regulations in mines, if you don't want to work in a death trap find some other mine to work right.

What about safety regulations in mines, if you don't want to work in a death trap find some other mine to work right.

Mining holds its own risks. If you are unwilling to take the risks, you find another career. People understand that going into the job. Im not saying there should not be any safety regulations but smoking should be a matter of choice on an establishment by establishment basis for any private business.

Archived