Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al Sharpton, AT IT AGAIN!

rdsknbill

Al Sharpton has been exploiting black folks for his personal gain as long as I can remember. See Brawley, Tawana. The only reason I can't imagine more people are insensed by his act, is they are not more familiar with it.

I've heard very little critical of Michael Jackson since his death. No more than the passing reference to allegations, legal and health problems. Sort of like when Sinatra died, his alleged mafia connections were mentioned, just not expounded upon.

I have seen more than just passing references. They are leading off the broadcasts talking about him being a drug addict and a child molester.

I just don't want his legacy to be the child molestation charges and the drugs, because he was much bigger than that. I guess that is my only thing.

Why not?

seriously, I don't know why everyone is afraid to say some people being dead would make all of our lives easier.

F this guy.

He's a liar, a charlatan, a hate stirrer, a racist, and a riot starter, a manipulator of his own people's struggle, and he does it all in the name of the Lord so many people try to respect. There is not a SINGLE redeeming quality to this man. At ALL. Not ONE.

If he had a white hood on how would we feel about him? If he wore a swastika armband when he made up the entire Tawana Brawley issue and incited people to riot in the streets and kill cops, how would we feel about him?

If he died today, I'd smile as wide as i could.

Twice.

And then I'd smile again tomorrow.

Twice.

~Bang

You sound like a fool. How many riots has Sharpton started? Hell if it wasn't for Sharpton many an incidents when cops kill a Black citizen would have been pushed to the side?

Don't hate his methods ,hate the system that makes him relevent in 2009.

Al Sharpton has been exploiting black folks for his personal gain as long as I can remember. See Brawley, Tawana. The only reason I can't imagine more people are insensed by his act, is they are not more familiar with it.

You are 100% correct.

But what does that have to do with what he is saying? I am no fan of Al Sharpton, but don't crucify Al because he is bringing up a legit point. Everyone is caught up in the messenger instead of the message.

You are 100% correct.

But what does that have to do with what he is saying? I am no fan of Al Sharpton, but don't crucify Al because he is bringing up a legit point. Everyone is caught up in the messenger instead of the message.

The message is pretty lame. The coverage has been fair. Michael Jackson is a controversial figure like it or not. His funeral is getting wall-to-wall coverage. People are pouring out onto the streets to pay homage to the guy. I've watched all the coverage I can stomach, and it's been fine.

Michael Jackson isn't a victim of the media even if Al Sharpton wants him to be so he can complain about it -- in a very loud, attention-getting voice.

It's funny, there's one thread right now with a politician condemning Michael Jackson's lifestyle and claiming that the media is too in love with him and there's another claiming that the media is being overly critical and calling it a race issue.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=291057

I'm tired of the coverage altogether, negative or positive. It's a really sick obsession we have with celebrities.

The message is pretty lame. The coverage has been fair. Michael Jackson is a controversial figure like it or not. His funeral is getting wall-to-wall coverage. People are pouring out onto the streets to pay homage to the guy. I've watched all the coverage I can stomach, and it's been fine.

Michael Jackson isn't a victim of the media even if Al Sharpton wants him to be so he can complain about it -- in a very loud, attention-getting voice.

Well maybe Al is getting out infront of it before it even gets to that point. There are still peopel out there who say is molesting kids...even though there is not one fact to prove that. that's my issue. Instead of dispelling that, they are acting like he did molest the kids. The only thing MJ was guilty of was being naive.

You are 100% correct.

I haven't seen Jackson villified in the media over the last few days but it's a fair question. I guess I'd say the guy has used up his objectvity quotient with me, and then some.

Actually, I always thought he was the most post-racial entertainer I've even seen. So the irony here is thick.

Yeah it kinda pisses me off that soem people, especially black people say he didn't want to be black. This is the same dude who:

-portrayed Black people as kings and queens in ancient Egypt ("Remember the Time" video)

-called Tommy Mottola (his then label boss) a devil and a racist

-sang "white man's gotta make a change" live on the Grammies in '88

-sang about a beautiful African woman in "Liberian Girl"

-featured an African chant at the end of "Wanna Be Startin Somethin"

-donated over $25 million to the United Negro College Fund

-sang "I ain't scared of no sheets" in "Black or White" and upped the ante by morphing into a BLACK PANTHER at the video's end

-wrote a song called "They Don't Really Care About Us," with a Spike Lee-directed video that featured prisoners raising the Black power fist

-uhhh “We Are The World” and USA for Africa, anyone?

I mean if that ain't black, then I don't know what it is.

Yeah it kinda pisses me off that soem people, especially black people say he didn't want to be black. This is the same dude who:

-portrayed Black people as kings and queens in ancient Egypt ("Remember the Time" video)

-called Tommy Mottola (his then label boss) a devil and a racist

-sang "white man's gotta make a change" live on the Grammies in '88

-sang about a beautiful African woman in "Liberian Girl"

-featured an African chant at the end of "Wanna Be Startin Somethin"

-donated over $25 million to the United Negro College Fund

-sang "I ain't scared of no sheets" in "Black or White" and upped the ante by morphing into a BLACK PANTHER at the video's end

-wrote a song called "They Don't Really Care About Us," with a Spike Lee-directed video that featured prisoners raising the Black power fist

-uhhh “We Are The World” and USA for Africa, anyone?

I mean if that ain't black, then I don't know what it is.

He also wrote in Black or White, "I'm not gonna spend my life being a color."

Apparently, he'll spend his death being a color.

In fact Jamie Foxx talked about how MJ's legacy is being potrayed in some sections of the media.

Jaime Foxx lost much respect from me in his tirade on the BET awards, "THIS IS OUR BLACK MAN! We just let you borrow him." Now what the hell is that about? It's everything Michael stood against. It only incites people, not bring them together. It was very very divisive.

I mean let's be real: when Elvis Presley died, was he remembered as an overweight, drug-abusing racist who dated a 14 year-old, or was he eulogized as The King of Rock and Roll? .

First of all, you and I were only 2 years old when Elvis died. You gonna tell me you remember the media coverage? And YES they did focus on his drugs and problems. However, in 1977 there was no internet, there was no MTV, there was no 24 hour news channels- or I guarantee it would have been just as crazy.

Micheal Jackson was black?!?

LOL- no ****- and he wouldn't even have black kids. Doesnt' that bother anyone in the black community? That he turned himself white and had white kids with a white woman? Where's Sharptons outrage on that?

You sound like a fool. How many riots has Sharpton started? Hell if it wasn't for Sharpton many an incidents when cops kill a Black citizen would have been pushed to the side?

Don't hate his methods ,hate the system that makes him relevent in 2009.

Go check out your hero and the Tawana Brawley lie, the barricade and incitement for the people to take up arms against the police over a bald faced LIE, the Crown Heights riot he instigated with his racism, Freddie's Fashion Mart riot he instigated with his racism in 1995.

Go learn about your boy and then get back to me on who sounds like a fool for following this fat Pied Piper as he uses your people and your struggles to further himself.

Ask yourself why he's even there. Elvis and Sinatra have not been treated so nicely since they died. We found out about Elvis' drug use, his idiotic attempts to be a DEA agent, his racism and his narcissism are public knowledge. We know now Sinatra was a total control freak, a bully, and used his mob connections to muscle his career into place. He's saying things that aren't true to stir up feelings that don't belong.

Elvis died on the friggin' toilet of a drug OD. There were people then who called him every name they could think of just like thee are people now who choose to remember the allegations against MJ.

Sharpton makes it sound as if Elvis and Sinatra were just lauded as Gods with no foul words ever passed their way.

As usual, he's lying through his teeth.

I don't hate his message. I can't stand HIM. He's a lying charlatan, a fanner of flames. He is not about harmony, he's a bigot who is about perpetuating disharmony. Without it, he might have to get a real job.

There's much better messengers with much better methods.

~Bang

Archived