Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis' hair(is this new?)

MumboSauce

I guess an overrated running back who has won absolutely nothing in his career needs another reason to draw attention to himself.

Yeah , I'm sure the two time pro bowler, top 5 RB in the NFL died his hair to get attention:doh:.:chair:

Man O man I've herd it all...LOL , for attention.

Pro Bowl barely means anything nowadays.

0 Rushing Titles

0 Touchdown records

0 MVPs

0 Superbowls

I guess some people just have higher standard than others. Portis being the best RB the skins have had IMO, and our best offensive player is good enough for me.

I guess an overrated running back who has won absolutely nothing in his career needs another reason to draw attention to himself.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing here with this comment?

I guess a middle-aged man who has nothing to live for needs to make comments on message boards about millionaire RBs to grab attention to himself.

:doh:

Just because he hasn't won any of those doesn't mean he's overrated... Who do you root for anyway?!

I cant speak for anyone else but I root for the Redskins. You know... The TEAM?

I guess some people just have higher standard than others. Portis being the best RB the skins have had IMO, and our best offensive player is good enough for me.

Spoken like someone who never experienced the joy and pride of watching John Riggins run over people while leading the Redskins (that's the TEAM for some people here :D) to a Superbowl victory.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but allow me to share. :D

http://www.thehogs.net/History/SBs/SuperBowlXVII.html

Riggins hit the hole and took off down the field, shrugging off Dolphins cornerback Ron McNeal in an image ingrained in the psyche of Redskin fans everywhere. With 10:10 left in the game, the Redskins took the lead for the first time, and cemented the first NFL championship for the Washington Redskins since 1942.The touchdown run accounted for 43 of Riggins Super Bowl record 166 yards, and garnered him the title of Super Bowl XVII MVP.

Of course words, stats, records and a Superbowl MVP status don't tell the whole story so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGI0U1DDT4E&feature=related

Turn the horrible soundtrack down and play something a little more hip but watch him plow over and through people time and time again. Then please, tell me it was all the O line. :D

Kids these days. :silly:

Don't get me wrong Mad Mike I'm very educated when it comes to the Redskins. Not trying to take anything away from the Diesel, as he helped the skins win our first SB. As a matter of fact I have his jersey in my closet right next to my CP authentic, which is next to my Westbrook jersey:silly:. Just to bad CP will pass all JRs team rushing records by the time he is done (maybe not rushing TDs). Not to mention I was 4 years old when JR retired. Maybe if I experienced it first hand I'd feel otherwise?

Nice video too... Would love to see the playoff games (vikeings/cow*****) in full one day. What did JR have like 550 yards rushing in the playoffs? Insane!!

Don't get me wrong Mad Mike I'm very educated when it comes to the Redskins. Not trying to take anything away from the Diesel, as he helped the skins win our first SB. As a matter of fact I have his jersey in my closet right next to my CP authentic, which is next to my Westbrook jersey:silly:. Just to bad CP will pass all JRs team rushing records by the time he is done (maybe not rushing TDs). Not to mention I was 4 years old when JR retired. Maybe if I experienced it first hand I'd feel otherwise?

Nice video too... Would love to see the playoff games (vikeings/cow*****) in full one day. What did JR have like 550 yards rushing in the playoffs? Insane!!

Good post. And I really think it is a matter of having seen Riggins and experiencing those superbowl teams that changes perspective. Stats and total rushing yards dont tell the whole story. You also have to remember that Riggins wasnt here for that many years. He had his share of injuries as Portice has had, and he missed 9 games due to a strike shortened year. That video is still missing one of Riggins most amazing runs where he literally carried like four guys about 10 yards.

But hey, at least you show respect for him and that's more than I can say for some people here.

:cheers:

Good post. And I really think it is a matter of having seen Riggins and experiencing those superbowl teams that changes perspective. Stats and total rushing yards dont tell the whole story. You also have to remember that Riggins wasnt here for that many years. He had his share of injuries as Portice has had, and he missed 9 games due to a strike shortened year. That video is still missing one of Riggins most amazing runs where he literally carried like four guys about 10 yards.

But hey, at least you show respect for him and that's more than I can say for some people here.

:cheers:

I think we've found a nickname to match the new herr-do..

Portice!

:doh:

:silly:

Archived