Extremeskins

MSNBC.com: Al Franken declared winner in Minnesota Senate Race

ECU-ALUM

Minn. rules for Franken in Senate fight

Jun 30 02:15 PM US/Eastern

By BRIAN BAKST

Associated Press Writer

Share on Facebook Bookmark and Share

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota Supreme Court has ordered that Democrat Al Franken be certified as the winner of the state's long-running Senate race.

The high court rejected a legal challenge from Republican Norm Coleman, whose options for regaining the Senate seat are dwindling.

Justices said Franken is entitled to the election certificate he needs to assume office. With Franken and the usual backing of two independents, Democrats will have a big enough majority to overcome Republican filibuster.

Coleman hasn't ruled out seeking federal court intervention.

So they finally decided that having more ballots than people was irrelevant

Ironically, it was the GOP incumbent who wanted even more ballots to be counted. About 650 absentee ballots were rejected that Coleman's campaign wants counted.

It was a close election. When that happens one side is going to cry foul. Such is the nature of an imperfect process.

I'm just glad it's over.

I guess some are mad because Kathleen Harris couldn't decide the outcome.

Care to elaborate? Or you are stuck with one line wild jabs at the empty air?

Mysterious votes appearing, cries about counting every vote until Franken took the lead then shut them down, you know, the usual liberal playbook. It's how they won in Washington State with Gregoire and how the tried to steal the POTUS in 2000.

They've moved on from simply making dead people vote like Virginia '89.

Ironically, it was the GOP incumbent who wanted even more ballots to be counted. About 650 absentee ballots were rejected that Coleman's campaign wants counted.

I guess some are mad because Kathleen Harris couldn't decide the outcome.

Katherine Harris PREVENTED this exact same kind of theft in 2000.

Mysterious votes appearing, cries about counting every vote until Franken took the lead then shut them down, you know, the usual liberal playbook. It's how they won in Washington State with Gregoire and how the tried to steal the POTUS in 2000.

Hey, don't discriminate against the dead. TIA.

Nice to get a resolution to this affair. Silly to have dragged it on for so long, even if you thought you were in the right.

It certainly says you care less for your constituency then your person, at least in my book.

You know, the sad thing is that a challenger comedian made it close enough to be in doubt over an incumbent politician to begin with.

I guess the services rendered by the incumbent were not desired by the constituency.

Be of good cheer folks, the pendulum swings both ways, and the Democrats aren't really accomplishing their election mandate as of yet. The Change stuff looks like more of the same.

Perhaps your angst and energy would be better spent beating up any politicians who cannot put the good of the Republic and their Oath of Office first, regardless of what party they belong to. Would be a refreshing change for some of you to acknowledge that there really hasn't been much difference in the two parties for some time - they both stand for the something other than the average American voter.

Did she now, or is that simply what you wish to believe. Have all of the votes ever been counted? Did everyone who turned out to vote get to do so?

I will state that I don't know. I would hazard to guess that not many people actually/factually do know.

Can you at least acknowledge that there were irregularities on both sides?

Calling something a theft, or attempted theft without definitive and verifiable proof indicates partisanship rather than the statement of fact.

Did she now, or is that simply what you wish to believe. Have all of the votes ever been counted? Did everyone who turned out to vote get to do so?

I will state that I don't know. I would hazard to guess that not many people actually/factually do know.

Can you at least acknowledge that there were irregularities on both sides?

Calling something a theft, or attempted theft without definitive and verifiable proof indicates partisanship rather than the statement of fact.

She did. Gore and company wanted to cherry pick which precincts were recounted and wanted to change the rules to fit their own guidelines, including time, what constitued a valid ballot etc.

Harris upheld the law, then the Fla Court invented a new law, then the SCOTUS came in and voted 7-2 that the FLA court was wrong, and then 5-4 that there wasnt enough time to fix it (again because of silly things like election laws)

Now that's just funny.:rotflmao:

Even Buchanan admits that the Republicans fraudulently stole Florida. Just the fact that Harris didn't recuse herself given her relationship to the Bush campaign is ridiculous.

Now that's just funny.:rotflmao:

Even Buchanan admits that the Republicans fraudulently stole Florida. Just the fact that Harris didn't recuse herself given her relationship to the Bush campaign is ridiculous.

He never said that. One of the many myths that the left wing has succeeded in planting into the history books.

He said he didnt deserve the votes he got from the butterfly ballot. But that's not theft, that's idiot democrat voters.

It was a close election. When that happens one side is going to cry foul. Such is the nature of an imperfect process.

I'm just glad it's over.

I've said recently: Too close to call, give it to the new guy, they other one already had their chance. Doesn't matter the (letter after name).

This is totally untrue. Kilmer, you actively participated in a thread months ago where you made these same bogus claims, and plenty of others (including me) pointed out the facts that shot them down (damn those pesky facts).

All of the VALID votes have been counted, and Franken has won fair and square. Coleman has had REPEATED chances to show that there were legitimate issues with ballots (either over-counting or under-counting), and has been shot down unanimously over and over, by judges of all political stripes.

This "steal the election" claim is just b.s.

Here's the link to the thread where we discussed all of this in January:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=277620

that's not theft, that's idiot democrat voters.

little bit of both actually... there were tons of other things too, but honestly I don't want to rehash 2000. There were many reasons to believe that the vote was "stolen" in Florida and that Harris (if memory serves) the chairwoman of the Florida Bush Election team was a complicit partner who was far, far, far from objective or fair or honest.

Anyways, Congrats to Franken and if it wasn't ever proven before... now, Congress is officially a joke :)

Archived