Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does our O-Line rank in the NFC East?

SIXX99

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Where does the Redskins' offensive line rank among the other three teams in the NFC East? I personally don't think that we did enough during the draft to address the offensive line and that Campbell's production will once again be hindered by that. Whats your opinion?

The OL was the main culprit of the team's demise last season...replacing Kendall with Dockery isn't much of an upgrade, and the depth players are almost all unknowns. The injury prone players from last year are even older, and the RT position isn't stabilized. How can this unit be considered anything but the worst in the NFC East at this point?

I think the eagles got it this year...with the upgrade at both tackle spots + the return of big baby andrews...its curtains for d-lines!

:eaglesuck

We will see what Big Al and Orakpo have to say about that. :evilg:

:thumbsup:We swept them last year without these two. And we get D. Hall for a full year. Hopefully, for his sake, they've got more up their sleeve than an improved offensive line.

I think the eagles got it this year...with the upgrade at both tackle spots + the return of big baby andrews...its curtains for d-lines!

You still don't have anybody to block Haynesworth.

Giants - 4th and 2 the only line I would call a running play to convert.

SKINS - Dockery huge upgrade at LG RT still a ?

Philly - Got better with Peters at LT but no ans at RT

Dallas - Big Fatties slow with no range of motion....

This is an interesting question because how do you determine it? There are a lot of finite answers on this thread with no qualifications except well the Eagles have this guy or the Giants have young players, etc.

Is it the line which gives up the least sacks? If so that will depend upon the QB's release time, the running game, as well as the play calling and situations.

Is this to be determined by yardage in the ground game? If so, this will be determined by attempts, and who is running the rock.

Also, expect the loss of Plaxico to have a tremendous negative effect on the Giants ground game as well as passing game. And then Westbrooks injury could spell devastating results for the Eagles running game despite new offensive line additions.

And then there are injuries. Having the best offensive line on July 1st, is much different than having the best offensive line November 1st. Regardless of which offensive line you like, I believe the Redskins will be considered to have an excellent offensive line about and around December. With all the young guys they are developing, the experience gained over the season is bound to help them improve and allow the Redskins to give more rest to guys like Chris Samuels and Randy Thomas.

Oviously, having Jon Jansen "outta here" is a tremendous improvement immediately.

And if Mike Williams becomes half-a-man( right now he is TWO men), then the sky is the limit for the Redskins line improvment.

The Giants are clearly the best with the Eagles solidly in second. The Skins and Cowboys are vying for third with neither line really standing out right now.

Only if there is someone better to replace him. Last year, there wasn't.

Last year Heyer won the starting job. Sure, he's not as good as a run blocker but he was much better in pass protection than Jansen.

Worst case scenario our RT situation is a wash over last year.

Last year Heyer won the starting job. Sure, he's not as good as a run blocker but he was much better in pass protection than Jansen.

Worst case scenario our RT situation is a wash over last year.

I could be mistaken...but wasn't Heyer healthy later in the season last year and couldn't reclaim his starting spot? If so, assuming he will suddenly be better, or even a wash, is a stretch at this point.

New York's is best overall, no doubt there. most of them are still in their 20s and have played an insane amount of consecutive (healthy) games together. such luck in the air up north

any given game, Philly's and Dallas' lines are no better than ours. Philly might surpass Dallas and us; that remains to be seen. I don't do the on paper thing

I could be mistaken...but wasn't Heyer healthy later in the season last year and couldn't reclaim his starting spot? If so, assuming he will suddenly be better, or even a wash, is a stretch at this point.

I don't really know if it's fair to say that Heyer failed to reclaim his starting spot. He started in 8 games last season, 3 at RT in the beggining of the season and 5 at LT mostly towards the end of the season.

The only game he really played during the middle of the season was that Detroit game where he had to fill in for Samuels and it was pretty clear from what I remember that he was not close to 100%.

1.Eagles

2.Giants

3.Cowboys

4.Redskins

I hate placing them in such order, but it's an honest opinion as of right now. I really think that is what ultimately will bite us in butt before this season is done. Heyer, Bridges may play better than I expect. Chris hopefully can last the season. Rabach's durable but we need a stouter body there ASAP. Thomas I hope will be healthy and play like he's capable, but this likely is his last season. Hopefully the young guys from Maryland will show something and Rinehart too.

We are the worst. Teams with a worse O-line are Pittsburgh, Detroit, Oakland, St. Louis, and maybe the Patriots. I'm sure there are more but I'm just not positive overall.
Patriots? Patriots have a really good line. Only problem for them is that their left guard, right guard, and right tackle are all free agents after this season.

Our line is definitely the worst. With age and former injury history adding up, it's definitely going to be interesting to see how they perform over the course of this season.

Archived