Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is a "God" question

H-O-G

Here's my Top 2 reasons athletes do it.

1) They realize that the tendency of fans is to idolize them for what they have done. And it's their HUMBLE way of saying, "No, don't look to me, like I'm something super special, or super-human. But give the credit to God for giving me these gifts".....Humility. Gratitude.

2) Conviction. When you believe in something strongly you want to express it. Non-Christians have their way of doing it on camera, whether it's a simple "Hi Mom" or "I'd like to thank my family for inspiring me to get this far".

It's their conviction. So, if a person has a conviction about their belief in God being responsible for their success, how is that worse than someone giving another person a "shout-out" ?

I think that in any such event, all those who either...

A. Don't believe in God, period

B. Aren't sure about any "supreme intelligent being/creator"'s existence, anthropomorphic or otherwise, and have no idea of whether, or to what degree, such a being may be involved in the outcome of, for example, tennis matches

C. Just don't believe in a God per the frame of major religions and definitely don't directly connect any such being to the outcomes of such events in any case.

D. Believe in God in some conventional mainstream fashion but think that God has little if anything specific to do with the outcome of such events

E. Believe in a God of some non-mainstream unconventional construct, but not one that got involved in their event

...should all announce what they think at these moments because that would make for a more interesting discussions and stimulating social atmosphere. :)

"Laverne!! Laverne! Larry Chipotle, Fox Sports--Congratulations, Laverne, on the win! Another lady NASCAR champion! Do you find that even though the door had been opened for women in NASCAR, being a particularly unattractive woman such as yourself still presents barriers?"

"Well, first I'd like to thank all my crew, they're the best, and I'd like to say I don't feel any kind of deity or God had anything to do with anything regarding these cars racing around in ovals. And I'd like to thank my fans and just say **** you, Larry, you flabby bald aging alcoholic hack."

I think I'm this one, Jumbo:

C. Just don't believe in a God per the frame of major religions and definitely don't connect any such being to the outcomes of such events in any case.

Grateful to have been a channel of helping you find your place. :D

"Well, first I'd like to thank all my crew, they're the best, and I'd like to say I don't feel any kind of deity or God had anything to do with anything regarding these cars racing around in ovals. And I'd like to thank my fans and just say **** you, Larry, you flabby bald aging alcoholic hack."

:rotflmao:

Great.

"Laverne!! Laverne! Larry Chipotle, Fox Sports--Congratulations, Laverne, on the win! Another lady NASCAR champion! Do you find that even though the door had been opened for women in NASCAR, being a particularly unattractive woman such as yourself still presents barriers?"

That was great! A perfect reponse to that dipstick. I can't believe someone hasn't told him off before.

But where's the link so I can read the full article. Priviledge of being a mod I suppose.

Very funny, Jumbo. Interestingly, Larry Chipotle comes up with nine hits on google. All as some kind of chef or sauce maker.

Were that so, as some members might confirm, there would have to be evidence such as some sort of "Book of Jumbo" that has been validated by experts.

:evilg: :silly:

Could you imagine a holy book sent down by such a divine being with so many typos and spelling errors?

You might wind up disproving yourself... unless the mistakes are not mistakes at all, but some kind of riddle.

HEY! We may have ourselves a brand new Da Vinci code 'round these parts!

Could you imagine a holy book sent down by such a divine being with so many typos and spelling errors?

Such "errors" may merely reflect the difficult translation into Geek. What's perhpas most amazing if you're a believer, is how the actual obervations made in the reputed tome are said to withstand the most intense scrutiny from any investigator, independent of their own belief system or cultural background.

:silly:

Buh...buh...You're Jake the Snake! You can't get old! :cheers:

Every now and then I still get a "dude, you don't look near that old" (a mixed message for the ego), and I usually say, "thanks, but there are too many times where my body actually feels that old" :D

I always like when warriors (including boxers) thank God. Yes, it was because of God that you were able to pummel/kill/maim a fellow human being. :thumbsup:

Rather God likes Boxing or not is debatable, but it is because of God that they did what they did. Rather or not God accepts it is between that person and God.

Why not thank God for the trials and tribulations as well as the good things?

That is where honor comes in. I don't think you should thank God for the troubles, but you should honor and respect whatever troubles he threw at you.

I don't thank God that I made the choice to drop out of school. And I certainly don't thank him for all the hell that came my way for making that decision. But I honor and respect his decision to make me work hard to learn the less and I thank him for giving me the knowledge to turn that lesson into a plan that made me the man I am today.

Archived