Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just Got back from Magic/Lakers game: MY THOUGHTS

H-O-G

Ok....Wow..first off the Magic were given every chance to win this game.

Stan Van Gundy, Why didn't you play Rafer Alston AT ALL in the fourth?

Refs, When Kobe Bryant elbowed Nelson to the floor leaving fisher open, why wasnt there a call? We all KNOW if Howard elbowed someone in the face the whistles would have been blown.

Dwight, its disappointing you missed those two free throws towards the end, but I don't expect you to make those all the time.

Turk, you should have made those two free throws.

Another thing I observed watching the game live....Kobe is actually a very dirty player, throwing elbows and pushing guys down low so he can swing out to get open for a shot...

Paul Gosal your so garbage its hilarious.

Kobe was fouled at least 8 times when it wasn't called. The Magic were handed the game yet they choked. Howard is the NBA version of Romo sits to pee.

Dude Kobe is given this royal treatment that if hes touched while shooting its a foul....

Mad respect to Fisher for making his shots and not being an ass about it.

The whole stadium couldnt believe the no call when kobe threw nelson to the floor with a elbow leaving fisher open for the 3.

Guys, here's news for you: it's a 'star driven' league and calls not made for or against Bryant also get awarded in the same way to Howard. Get over it. If you blame Nelson for anything, blame him for not playing Fisher tight on the play that sent it to OT. That foul that Nelson tried to draw, doesn't many times get called in the waning seconds of the game. Just the way it is.

Dude Kobe is given this royal treatment that if hes touched while shooting its a foul....

The whole stadium couldnt believe the no call when kobe threw nelson to the floor with a elbow leaving fisher open for the 3.

If Howard wasn't the NBA version of Romo sits to pee, it would be 2-2 and a real series. The refs tried to hand the Magic the game, yet the "greatest shooting team in history" choked. A bunch of frauds.

Another thing I observed watching the game live....Kobe is actually a very dirty player, throwing elbows and pushing guys down low so he can swing out to get open for a shot...

every elite 2 guard who has ever played the game does the same kobe does to get open.

and if you think Gasol is garbage your opinion on anything basketball related is irrelevant

Refs, When Kobe Bryant elbowed Nelson to the floor leaving fisher open, why wasnt there a call? We all KNOW if Howard elbowed someone in the face the whistles would have been blown.

Dwight, its disappointing you missed those two free throws towards the end, but I don't expect you to make those all the time.

i can see you're a magic fan, so i understand the pouting, but to say Paul is garbage. That's just laughable. Lakers would not be here in the finals if he's not here to play along kobe. The man just creates too many mismatches.

And for the whole "kobe is a dirty player"..who isnt? you either push, or be pushed..you decide.

BTW.. GOOOO LAKERSSSSSS;)

Let me start off by saying I agree with you, and I hate that the Lakers won because of that elbow. And, certainly, the Magic should have won it in regulation. And, awesome that you were at an NBA finals game -- I wish my Nuggets had won so I could go to one...

But to the Lakers' defense -- Look at the free throw disparity in 4th q + OT. It was something like 20-0. They were not bailing Kobe out at all. That was commendable.

I was starting to think that officiating was so bad that it was somewhat fixed -- now I just think officials are just inept and scared.

What do you think the odds are that the NBA will release a statement saying 'we blew that call'? That's what made me so mad about them releasing that statement in the Denver-Dallas series on the non-call at the end of the game on the intentional foul -- refs miss calls at the ends of games all the time. So either let us know all the time, or never throw your refs under the bus.

Do NBA refs get graded, game by game? I know the NFL is good about reviewing how refs called games and what not so that the ref'ing is always good.

NFL ref's are on a complete nuther level when I look at how NBA refs do, and I say this comment with un-biased beliefs. In general I will say NBA refs don't see enough to make calls

Sour grapes, wah, wah.

I don't really give that much of a crap about basketball, but I would like for the Lakers to win so that my family and friends aren't pissed off...

Everyone is jealous of the greatest basketball city in history. Sour grapes is spot on.

i can see you're a magic fan, so i understand the pouting, but to say Paul is garbage. That's just laughable. Lakers would not be here in the finals if he's not here to play along kobe. The man just creates too many mismatches.

There are different levels and types of garbage. Pau is a good player and is crucial to the Lakers' success... but when it comes to calls not going his way the man is absolute trash.

Seriously, I want to punch the guy every time I see him make this face (in other words, constantly):

pau_gasol_2.jpg

Jack Ramsay said after the game that the Kobe elbow was a good no call. And I happen to agree with him.

And please explain why Gasol is garbage. That makes no sense. He's a tremendous player.

agreed. I HATE Gasol. I was hoping Pietrus would knock his lights out. Gasol is a prick.

I hate the Lakers, but respect Derek Fisher. He's probably the only class act on that team.

It was sorta classless to lay that up, sure. But you don't do what Pietrus did, either. The way you solve that, is the first time Gasol goes up for a layup in Game 5 you clock him. HARD. And you might even want to bring in a scrub like Gortat to be the enforcer. That way if he should get ejected, no big deal.

you people on here hating on gasol are haters.

what that idiot peitrus did was punch someone in the back just because he was gonna dunk the ball. he couldnt stop the dunk all he could do was punch him in the back. and gasol wasnt rubbing their nose in it, they were only up by 6 at the time. he was securing the win and taking the easy dunk.

the magic showed they cant hang when it gets physical and personal. the series is over as soon as they get back to LA so enjoy being 1-8 in the finals.

you people on here hating on gasol are haters.

what that idiot peitrus did was punch someone in the back just because he was gonna dunk the ball. he couldnt stop the dunk all he could do was punch him in the back. and gasol wasnt rubbing their nose in it, they were only up by 6 at the time. he was securing the win and taking the easy dunk.

the magic showed they cant hang when it gets physical and personal. the series is over as soon as they get back to LA so enjoy being 1-8 in the finals.

i see it ending in Orlando Sunday night

Archived