Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome hail storm last night!

Hailskinz1991

Pick your top 4  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your top 4

Check out the footage I caught last night around 5pm of our awesome hail storm! WOW! Anyone else get any hail with yesterdays storms? I would say these were marble sized! We lost a lot of trees in the neighborhood as well. I counted 7. You will see about 26 seconds into it, the storm starts to get really torqued up!

Please post your story/footage/pictures of the storms in your area.

Good video. We had hail in NoVa, mostly pea-sized but some larger. I was home early, cutting grass. The temperature dropped about 15 degrees almost instantaneously as this storm rolled in. I got buffeted by a blast of cold air as these dark clouds roiled above. Very intense.

We didn't get any hail last night, but the wind was horrible and we had lots of limbs down at the house.

It wasn't until today that I actually was in hail. I was driving home (I work in Winchester), and actually got caught in it. I wisely drove my pickup under the roof at the gas station to wait it out. The stones were hitting hard and under the roof it sounded like fireworks going off. These were big stones too, but it only lasted about 10 minutes.

I imagine that if someone would have been driving, they could have had a window crack. That happened to my step-father who drives a big rig; he was driving through South Carolina once and said that the skylight in the truck was cracked by a hailstone. I believe it.

What's up with all the crazy lightning storms the past two weeks? Last night our power went out for a solid hour as a result. Last week I saw one of the most intense lightning storms I had ever seen. I never saw lightning occur every two seconds like it did that night.

Archived