Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins rated a 79 in Madden '10

Romocop

Dallas 85?

Philly 88?

New York 89?

Give me a ****ing break. If the Redskins defense is anything lower than a 90, I will be upset. Not really though, it is Madden after all.

Why do you say that? I mean lets look at your players by position. Haynseworth should be 90+, no one else on the dline should. Fletcher should be in that range, no other LB's should. You could make an argument for Rogers to be right around a 90, and probably Landry too. So since the overall is a combination of all the players stats I don't think they should be over a 90.

About right I'd say. Just cause teams are ranked higher on a video game doesn't mean they're better when it really counts.

Agree 100%. I've always felt like people put too much emphasis on the OVR ratings of teams (and sometimes even players). It's all about how you use what you've got. The Skins will be just fine in Madden NFL 10.

Agree 100%. I've always felt like people put too much emphasis on the OVR ratings of teams (and sometimes even players). It's all about how you use what you've got. The Skins will be just fine in Madden NFL 10.

RAC I've been following the blog at http://insideblog.easports.com/ and I've got one quick question I haven't seen mentioned that I was hoping you might be able to answer.

Are the awesome changes in Madden going to be in NCAA also? Simple things like half tackles and sacks, but also stuff like gang tackling and the ProTak system? I haven't really seen anything said on that but it could be something I missed.

Giants ranked too high. 89 even after missing their two best wide recievers?

Toomer wasn't rated that high to start with, Plax was obviously a big ratings loss but I'm guessing that was offset by the oline having a high rating.

Technically speaking, we did in 2007 when we had a bye in the playoffs ;)

Your right.

No one will ever forget that cold January week where the Dallas Cowboys trounced a mighty assortment of margaritas and hot tubs.

Are the awesome changes in Madden going to be in NCAA also? Simple things like half tackles and sacks, but also stuff like gang tackling and the ProTak system? I haven't really seen anything said on that but it could be something I missed.

Some of it is and some of it isn't. The 9 man gang tackles, fight for the fumble, and tackle steering are exclusive to Madden. NCAA does have the improved pocket and OL/DL interaction (which is also under the PRO-TAK umbrella).

NCAA also has the new WR/DB interaction, procedural awareness, and Adaptive AI.

Some of it is and some of it isn't. The 9 man gang tackles, fight for the fumble, and tackle steering are exclusive to Madden. NCAA does have the improved pocket and OL/DL interaction (which is also under the PRO-TAK umbrella).

NCAA also has the new WR/DB interaction, procedural awareness, and Adaptive AI.

Cool, thanks.

It's no big deal. Every year teams are ranked one way and then when the game is released the rankings have changed. I say we'll be about an 87 or 88 when the season starts and the roster update for the season comes out.

Don't get worked up over nothing.

It's no big deal. Every year teams are ranked one way and then when the game is released the rankings have changed. I say we'll be about an 87 or 88 when the season starts and the roster update for the season comes out.

Don't get worked up over nothing.

87 or 88? I don't know, that's pretty high with the new ratings system that lowered everything from before.

The only thing I really disagree with is Dallas at 85, otherwise it seems pretty fair.

At times the player ratings don't mean anything.I've picked off a pass with Rogers or Smoot and they can't out run the offensive linemen trying to tackle them.

Jason Campbell can't outrun any D-linemen that I've played,they always catch him.

The CPUs DBs and LBs can all jump 10 ft in the air,knock the ball down and lay a hit on the WR all in one motion.Madden aint close to being a Sim so this doesn't mean much.

At times the player ratings don't mean anything.I've picked off a pass with Rogers or Smoot and they can't out run the offensive linemen trying to tackle them.

Jason Campbell can't outrun any D-linemen that I've played,they always catch him.

The CPUs DBs and LBs can all jump 10 ft in the air,knock the ball down and lay a hit on the WR all in one motion.Madden aint close to being a Sim so this doesn't mean much.

Theyve supposedly stretched out the ratings so maybe that will help with this problem. Although I dont have any problem with DBs getting caught by OLs... doesnt seem to happen to me.

it just sucks for online play, IMO with some of these ratings. Using the lions you would only be able to beat an equally horrible team, despite your own abilities.

So as madden is trying to be more life-like this year with the ratings, a team like the lions could never beat the patriots or colts....i'm kind of curious to see how this all plays out....

Thank you. People also place waaaay too much emphasis on the pre preseason rankings. Wake me up when the opening day rosters hit.

I can't believe the Colts are only an 87 and the Chargers are only an 88. I think they should both be in the 90s. Dallas being an 85 is a joke. I think the Dolphins are rated a little low too, only a 77. I know they might be a one year wonder, but they were a playoff team last year and went 11-5.

Archived