Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Dates for Public Announced

AdmiralWaugh

http://blog.redskins.com

Here It Is: The Fan Schedule For Training Camp

by Matt Terl on Jun 4th 2009 11:30AM

I'll have more details as the dates get closer, but the team has announced that the following training camp practices will be open to the public. (Please keep in mind that all dates and times are subject to change.)

Thursday, July 30 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Friday, July 31 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Saturday, August 1 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Sunday, August 2 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Tuesday, August 4 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Wednesday, August 5 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Thursday, August 6 - 8:30 a.m. Practice

Saturday, August 8 - Fan Appreciation Day and Intra-Squad Scrimmage.

These practices are open to the public free of charge. Parking lots will open approximately 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start of practice and gates will open approximately one hour prior to the start of each practice. At Fan Appreciation Day, individual Drills will begin at 1:20 p.m. and the scrimmage will start at 2 p.m.

Like I said, more details to come, but there's the information you need to start planning your summer around Redskins practices.

Does anyone else find that watching 80+ guys stretch and run slo-mo drills incredibly boring? Or is it just me?

Maybe's I'm getting old, but it wouldn't be something that would ever interest me either ttr, even from the "meeting the players" stand point.

But people want to get as close to their heroes as they possibly can, (even more so when it comes to kids), have a need to feel they are "involved" with their team, and grab every opportunity, however mundane it may appear.

So for that, it certainly serves it's purpose. And credit to the Redskins for continuing to afford folk that chance.

Hail.

Does anyone else find that watching 80+ guys stretch and run slo-mo drills incredibly boring? Or is it just me?

its fun for one day. some people get way too fanboy out there, but its cool to watch the drills and see guys run through practice. you can really tell the difference between the good players and the weak ones. i remember WR drills, watching moss vs guys like billy mcmullin and maurice mann. its amazing how you can see how moss moves so different from the other guys, makes you appreciate just how good top flight guys are.

but its worth going for a day.

Maybe's I'm getting old, but it wouldn't be something that would ever interest me either ttr, even from the "meeting the players" stand point.

Perhaps it is an age thing...but man, last time I was there I was constantly looking at my watch.

But I guess I can understand the appeal for others, especially kids.

its fun for one day. some people get way too fanboy out there, but its cool to watch the drills and see guys run through practice. you can really tell the difference between the good players and the weak ones. i remember WR drills, watching moss vs guys like billy mcmullin and maurice mann. its amazing how you can see how moss moves so different from the other guys, makes you appreciate just how good top flight guys are.

but its worth going for a day.

Agreed. I went when I first moved to VA to get autographs from the players, but it was the closest I had ever been to the Skins in my life, having lived in Atlanta for so long. Now I'll go for one or two days (depending on how hot it is on the fields) to catch some of the drills, catch up with my ES buddies and see how some of the guys are looking out there in practice, I don't really care much about autographs, so I don't tend to bother with that side of it.

All morning practices again, URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evilg:

I like the afternoon one's because I don't have to take off work and stil catch the bulk of the workout. Oh well guess my bosses will hate me

I know AGAIN with the all morning schedule. Why? :mad: I work in Ashburn and like to stop by on my way home to check it out, been doing it for years. Last year was the first year I was unable to. This will be the second. :mad:

I really can't justify taking off work just to watch practice. I already have to take some days off for those Sunday and Monday night games. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked my hotel room -- The gf and I will be staying at:

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Wash. Dulles (VA486)

45510 East Severn Way , Sterling, VA, US, 20166 | Phone: (703) 674-2299 Fax: (703) 674-2290.

We got a room with a Queen Size Bed, Kitchen, Free High-Speed Internet, HBO, Table and Chairs -- $55 a night. We will be going from Friday (July 31st-August 3rd) total cost of $182. Call and ask for Umair for this deal. I stayed at this hotel last year and it was in very good location from the camp site. 3 miles from Training Camp!

Anyone else attending these dates??

I cannot wait!!!!

Archived