Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AssociatedContent(who?): Yes, America's Team Will Win a Playoff Game in 2009

tr1

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1789400/2009_dallas_cowboys_preview.html

In this preview of the 2009 Dallas Cowboys, I will try to tell you what to expect from "America's Team" this NFL season. The Cowboys had two major offseason events, the release of Terrell Owens and the collapse of their practice facility.

Terrell Owens long considered a locker room cancer was cut and has joined the Buffalo Bills. Last years acquisition by trade with Detroit, Roy Williams will be the number one wide receiver in 2009. His former quarterback John Kitna was brought in the replace Brad Johnson as Tony Romo sits to pee's backup.

On May 3rd the roof collapsed on the Dallas Cowboys training facility during a rookie practice. Several people were injured in the accident including scouting assistant Rich Behm who was paralyzed.

The Dallas Cowboys 2009 season preview has no really big name rookies to talk about, you can read about their draft here. Linebacker Jason Williams was their first selection and is probably destined to go on special teams.

Last season the Dallas Cowboys finished 9-7 according to NFL.com and did not make the playoffs. Head Coach Wade Phillips is probably going to be fired if the team does win at least one postseason NFL playoff game this year. Jerry Jones loves to win and he needs to sell seats in the brand new home stadium for America's team.

For fans of the team this 2009 Dallas Cowboy preview will be to your liking. I predict the team will go 11-5 and make the playoffs as a wildcard team. Keeping Tony Romo sits to pee, Marion Barber and Felix Jones healthy will be the key. When Romo sits to pee went down in 08 Brad Johnson was too old to be effective and it cost the team their playoff hopes. Kitna is a slight upgrade over Johnson as Tony Romo sits to pee's backup.

Look for Jason Whitten to become a bigger part of the offense with Terrell Owens released. I am not sure that Roy Williams will be as good as T.O. was so Whitten will be used more. The wildcard will be last year's rookie Felix Jones who is a playmaker when healthy, either as a runner or receiver.

:rotflmao:

I think the 'collapse' the pukes should consider is the one they had at the end of last season. I suspect that will bode ill of the coming season.

Puke fans make me laugh out loud.

...and then there's THIS ONE:

Four Reasons Tony Romo sits to pee Will Be The Best Quarterback in The League in 2009

by Mike Carley (Scribe)

May 27, 2009

IRVING, TX - DECEMBER 31: Quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee #9 of the Dallas Cowboys reacts to the touchdown during the game against the Detroit Lions at Texas Stadium on December 31, 2006 in Irving, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Never has success or failure of any athletic endeavor been determined more by the ability of teammates to synergistically cooperate and execute their given tasks than in the great game of football.

Or to paraphrase into less dorky vernacular, football is the ultimate team sport.

The success of any football team, whether on offense, defense, or special teams, demands perfect simultaneous execution on any given play by all 11 players on the field.

It doesn't matter if the quarterback receives a perfect snap and awesome pass protection from his O-line and backs if one receiver runs the wrong route andbrings extra defenders into the passing lane, thereby taking himself out of the play and alleviating a great deal of pressure on the defense.

It doesn't matter if 10 out of 11 men on defense are executing a perfect cover 2 man to man defensive cover scheme if one corner or safety gets confused and drops into a zone, thereby allowing an uncontested 80 yard streak up the sideline.

Undeniably, success or failure on the gridiron depends almost fully on the effectiveness of the other 10 men on the field with you, because, to oversimplify, one man's perfect execution is really only 1/11th of the total defensive or offensive effort.

With all that in mind, it is almost patently absurd how much credit and how much blame the quarterback of any team gets for the relative success or failure of his aggregation of gridiron warriors.

Is the quarterback's ability to throw the ball to a receiver really that much more important than an offensive tackle's ability to read a blitz scheme and pick up the correct defender?

Probably not.

Does the casual fan have a basic understanding of what a great quarterback looks like compared to Drew Bledsoe or Quincy freaking Carter while being relatively clueless about the intricacies andminutiae of offensive line play?

Absolutely.

This is why the quarterback position is so phenomenally revered among fans of the game, and out of the 32 NFL quarterbacks taking the field next year in 2009, Tony Romo sits to pee will shine the brightest.

Here are 4 reasons why:

1. The "Usual Suspects" Have Hurdles to Climb in 2009

In starting this argument, I believe addressing the unique hurdles top quarterbacks will be presented with in 2009 is the most appropriate starting place, as it will be shown that Tony Romo sits to pee has a lot less to "overcome" than those who have led the league at this position over the last 5-6 years.

One can't think of "quarterback in the NFL" without thinking Tom Brady. He is the epitome of a competitor, the epitome of a winner, and the epitome of what an NFL quarterback should be.

However, he suffered a catastrophic knee injury last year, as well as complications after surgery that further delayed his rehabilitation.

No amount of Brady's vast resources of competitive drive or Bill Belicheck's wealth of X's and O's can overcome a broken body part. and the track record of quarterbacks who suffered a similar injury is far less than sterling the year after the injury (see: Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb).

I'm not saying there is no chance Brady will be successful next year, but he will have to show over a few games that there are no lingering effects from the injury in 2009 before anybody should expect a return to his super star form.

Ben Roethlisberger is about Tony Romo sits to pee's age, but has already won two Superbowls, while Romo sits to pee has yet to win a playoff game. Yet if Romo sits to pee plays to his potential, he will outperform Roethlisberger based on offensive systems alone.

While the Cowboys should look to run the ball more in 2009, it will be nothing compared to the grind it out system the Steelers play.

While I can't knock Roethlisberger's amazing propensity to pull out a victory in the clutch, his numbersas a passer in 2008 were less than impressive:

24th overall in Passer Rating; 21st overall in completion percentage; 14th overall in passing yards; 15th overall in passing touchdowns; And 28th overall in total interceptions.

He is a winner, but as a passer in that system his numbers are average to below average at best, numbers that Tony Romo sits to pee should have no problem eclipsing last year.

Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb both have receiver issues.

Carson Palmer lost his No. 1 target in T.J. Houshmanzadeh and is forced to deal with a Chad Johnson who seems to be losing his mind quicker than his receiving ability, while McNabb will be throwing to a second year receiver and a rookie wide receiver as his first two options in DeSean Jackson and Jeremey Maclin.

(Quick side note: is anybody else wishing Chad Ocho Cinco gets traded to a team where the No. 85 is retired, people can start buying No. 81 Ocho Cinco jerseys?)

Romo sits to pee has a plethora of weapons to exploit that dwarf those in the arsenals of McNabb and Palmer, and should find himself ahead of those two.

Drew Brees will be another ridiculously strong contender, but Marques Colston has yet to prove he is more than just an awesome rookie year, and Reggie Bush won't have Duece McCallister to pick up blitz's and take the crushing between the tackles.

Between Bush, Colston, and tight end Jeremy Shockey (who has never played in all 16 in a season in his entire career), there are substantial injury concerns to 3 key components of that passing attack, and, while Brees dealt with these injuries last year with much success, I can't see him repeating that performance if all three players go down again.

Peyton Manning probably has the strongest chance to contended with Romo sits to pee for the best quarterback in 2009. He has lost his favorite target for good in Marvin Harrison, and that could prove crucial.

It's true that Reggie Wayne has unquestionably become the most potent receiver on that team, and that Peyton pretty much stuck to his career averages of around 4,000 passing yards and 28 touchdowns last year without Harrison for a majority of the season, but we'll see if defenses learn to adjust better to the Colts' attack without Marvin Harrison in the line-up for an entire season.

Hopefully most of you readers were able to get through this entire section before immediately scrolling down to leave death threats in the comments section, and, if so, it should be apparent that the cream of the quarterback crop in the NFL all have some hurdle to deal with, hurdles that could finally propel Tony Romo sits to pee to the top of the metaphorical mountain to become the NFL's best quarterback.

Now that we have examined factors going on with the rest of the league's signal callers, let's move on to examine the forces within the Dallas Cowboys organization that could easily propel Tony Romo sits to pee to the top of his NFL game in 2009.

2. A Full Offseason with Roy Williams

The importance of timing between in a quarterback and a wide receiver, used a buzz word on many a pre-game show by countless individuals, really cannot be overlooked.

I have analyzed in more depth the importance of timing routes in the previous Cowboys' articles I've written (links at the bottom of the page), so feel free to check those out for a more in depth analysis of this factor.

However, the issue of timing between a quarterback and a wide receiver all boils down to two main issues: being on the same page on option routes, andunderstanding a receiver's tendencies.

Oftentimes, a wide receiver is given multiple routes to run on a given play, and will have only fractions of a second to read the defensive rotation mid-play as he is running the stem of his route to decide which of the 2 or 3 route options he has to run.

The more time a quarterback and a receiver spend together, the more likely it is that they will get into a groove and will make the same reads on any given defense, drastically reducing the chance that the quarterback thinks and throws as if the receiver is going to run one route, and the receiver ends up running the other.

Also, the more time a quarterback spends with a wide out, the more the quarterback will become familiar with the subtle preferences the receiver has as far as ball location and body position.

For example, I had the privilege of playing 7 years of football at both the high school and collegiate levels as a primarily pass catching tight end. I loved catching balls that were thrown high above my head, especially high and to the left on routes like curls.

On routes like drags or crossing patterns, it was easier for me to catch balls at helmet level out in front of my body as opposed to face level or balls thrown slightly behind me where I had to turn my hands in the opposite direction.

On routes up the middle of the field, I was much more comfortable catching balls over my left shoulder than my right shoulder.

My high school quarterback had played with me since 7th grade, and knew all of the places I liked the ball to be thrown (defense allowing of course), and all the ball locations that were less than ideal.

This mutual understanding led to more completions and drastically increased our effectiveness on the field.

The same can be said for Tony Romo sits to pee and Roy Williams.

The NFL regular season moves at 1000 mph, and after pre-season camp most teams don't have the luxury of working out things as subtle as ball position preference because they are too busy studying film of the opponent's game plan and wondering how they are going to attack it in practice and on game day.

The offseason, in contrast, will afford Romo sits to pee and Williams (who have reportedly been working for a month or two already running routes) the luxury of time to gain such understandings between one another, time that was frankly unavailable during the regular season last year.

An entire mini camp and pre-season camp together will greatly increase Romo sits to pee's and Williams' mutual understanding of what each sees in a rotating defense when option routes are called, and should lead to many more completions as Roy Williams should be where Romo sits to pee expects him much more often than last season (see: Philadelphia 44 Cowboys 6).

This increased understanding of each other's game should greatly mitigate the loss of Terrell Owens in the passing game, and should lead to another big passing year from the gangly Cowboys' QB.

3. A Healthy Backfield Will Create a "Pick Your Poison" Scenario for Most Defenses

The Dallas Cowboys arguably have the most stacked offensive backfield in the entire league.

Not only do defenses have to worry about dropping back to cover Roy Williams, Jason Witten, Patrick Crayton, and wild card speedster Miles Austin in the passing game, they haveto also account for three game breaking running backs in their defensive gameplan.

Marion Barber is a Pro Bowl running back, and one of the most ferocious runners the league has seen since the days of Earl Campbell.

Inside the 10 yard line, he is somehow able to channel an even more intense gear, and has an unparalleled knack for the end zone.

Barber's underrated proficiency as a receiver will also be a huge asset to Romo sits to pee's success this year.

Second year phenom Felix Jones has the ability to go yard any time he gets his hands on the ball. He won't be the guy for the job between the guards in a third and short situation by any means, but his amazing speed and agility make him a deadly potential weapon.

His skill set will be especially appreciated on the 2nd and long or 3rd and long draw plays out of the 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB shotgun formation the Cowboys like to run so much when the defense begins to devote too much attention to the passing game.

TashardChoice is a game breaker in his own right, withmore speed than Marion to get aroundthe corner, but with more size that Felix, allowing him to put his head down and gain 2-3 yards after contact that Felix can't.

These three backs compliment each other perfectly, and, given the relative black hole of talent at the full back position (no offense to the perennially injured Deion Anderson, the only one on the roster), it is not out of the question to see many offensive formations with two of these three backs on the field at the same time.

If defenses decide to devote so much of their energy to stopping Romo sits to pee, Williams, and the rest of the passing attack like they did last year with T.O., the Cowboys have the talent and depth at running back to chew up both yards and the game clock to inevitably force their opponents to bring more big defenders back into the box.

Any offensive coordinator will tell you that an established running game will make any victory that much easier to attain because the clock keeps running and gives any effective running team a huge advantage in time of possession.

A passing attack can be just as, if not more, deadly, but at least with primarily passing teams the clock stops after incompletions andleaves the opponent with much more time to catch up to any lead amassed by the Cowboys.

Therefore, when forced to deal with an effective passing and running game, defensive coordinators will be slightly inclined to give away certain things through the air in order to make sure his defense doesn't get run off the field and exhausted by a relentless and productive running attack.

These will be openings Romo sits to pee can exploit with his accuracy, and his phenomenal pocket presense and abilities to bend andtwist his ways out of sacks against blitzing defenders will be yet another factor leading to a huge 2009 season from Tony Romo sits to pee.

Which brings me to my final, and maybe most important point:

4. No T.O.!

I am a T.O. fan. I was initially mad to see him go, because as Cris Carter and other NFL analysts constantly contend, you can't just find anybody to replace a guaranteed 10 touchdowns and 1,000 receiving yards a year.

However, upon further inspection, this factor alone could be the single most important factor in Tony Romo sits to pee's success in the upcoming years.

Like all NFL receivers, T.O. wants the ball.

T.O.'s track record with the 49ers and Eagles suggested that when T.O. doesn't get said ball enough, he explodes and craters his team's season.

This leads to the propensity, whether conscious or unconscious, to look his way more often, and for longer, than any quarterback or offensive coordinator would ordinarily.

In his three years in Dallas, T.O. was either near the top of the league or led the league in targets by a wide margin.

Conversely, he was also near the top of the league or led the league in dropped passes as well.

As much as I hate to say it, I believe both Tony Romo sits to pee and Jason Garrett succumbed to the desire to get T.O. the ball as much as possible to try to mitigate the amount of distractions he caused, and he ended up putting an unacceptable amount of those targets on the turf.

This propensity to get T.O. the ball is also fueled by the media, who have now made T.O. a whipping-boy of sorts, and look to create stories about T.O. by constantly asking players on the roster leading questions about him, and grasping at threads and conjectures just to get out another "T.O. is crazy because now he's doing this" story.

To make a long rambling short, because of the media's desire for negative T.O.-driven stories, T.O. is a constant distraction to his teammates whether he tries to be or not.

There is a headline on ESPN.com right now on the front page that reads "(Terrence) McGee Hurts Arm In Practice While Covering T.O."

The spin on that story is ridiculous.

Apparently the two went up for a jump ball, fell to the ground and T.O. landed "partially" on top of McGee, who layed on the turf for awhile before leaving the field and not returning.

McGee is a corner. I would posit that in a vast majority of cases, when a cornerback gets injured, he is covering a wide receiver.

But that article title alone would suggest that T.O. shankedhim in the shoulder with an ice pick he was hiding in his pads as he sprinted past him on a streak, or that he pulled out a gun and starting unloading like that running back in the opening scene of "The Last Boyscout."

Whether T.O. likes it or not, the media-driven negative press has become a self-perpetuating entity that nothing short of him delivering a baby on the sidewalk for a collapsed woman while simultaneously taking a bullet for Barack Obama could alleviate.

Regrettably, it is a storm his teammates can't help but get swept away in.

Romo sits to pee no longer has that cloud over him.

He has the ability to sit back and read the field freely to look for the open man without a subconscious desire to glance at T.O. first, or for a little longer, causing him to either get sacked, force a ball into coverage for a turnover, or miss another open, less disputatious receiver.

He will be able to take the field with a clear head, and make reads free of the bias or stress T.O. inevitably brings, which will undeniably lead to a more balanced and free flowing offense than we have seen from the underachieving Cowboys teams of the past two seasons.

There are undoubtedly many cases out there to be made for many other quarterbacks to contend for the title of "Best Quarterback in the League."

However, given the considerable obstacles most, if not all, of the usual suspects of the NFL's elite group of quarterbacks face this year, Romo sits to pee might have the easiest route to the top of this choice group.

Not only that, but his increased timing and flow with Roy Williams, his stacked backfield which should keep defenders in the box and out of coverage, and the removal of one of the biggest psychological obstacles to Romo sits to pee's success in Terrell Owens should lead to one of the greatest seasons we've seen from a Cowboys quarterback in the venerable history of this franchise.

True Romo sits to pee hasn't won a playoff game yet, but I would draw your attention to the rambling but hopefully poignant discussion that began this epic dissertation regarding how it takes 11 men working simultaneously to win in the NFL.

Romo sits to pee could have played better true, but Flozell Adams could also choose to remember the #$%*! snapcount once in awhile, because one would think that after like 37 years in the NFL one would come up for a system for such a mentally hefty undertaking.

The fact is, Romo sits to pee needs his entire team to win a playoff game (or less slippery fingers but that's an entirely different discussion).

To be the best quarterback in the league, however, Romo sits to pee needs his natural skills, as well as the factors mentioned abovethat all should result in an MVP-caliber season for the Wisconsin native.

So here's to 2009 Tony Romo sits to pee. Time to bring the Cowboys back to the promised land.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/185435-4-reasons-tony-Romo sits to pee-will-be-the-best-quarterback-in-the-league-in-2009

So what supporting information lead you to believe they are going to go 11-5 and win a playoff game? All I read was a lot of wishful thinking. Wish in one hand and **** in the other. Just another stupid analysis of a team that can't get out of its own way long enough to win a playoff game. How can you predict they will go 11-5 because they let TO go and Roy Williams replaces him, their practice facility collapsed, Felix Jones will be a threat, if he stays healthy and Jon Kitna replaces Brad Johnson as back up to Romo sits to pee? That is like saying that the Detriot Lions will win 10 games because Matthew Stafford is the new QB. Come on and take off your rose colored glasses because subtraction of a productive player with no one proven to pick up the slack is not a positive play. Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin and Roy Williams weren't that productive or were a threat to take it to the house. So predicting 11-5 is a bold move and also one to prove to be the downfall of you.

This is just funny. I don't see Dallas even making the playoffs this year and that wasn't the worst part of this long post.

The worst part was thinking that Romo sits to pee is going to be the best QB in the league this year. The guy mentions the hurdles the other big QBs have to overcome but fails to mention how Romo sits to pee will do without a guy that has caught the most TDs over the past three years. I guess that isn't a question mark.

This just in: 2 random, retarded Cowboys fans have delusions about how good their team is going to be, and are full of wishful thinking.

This just in: a large portion of NFL fans of every single team share the same crazy opinions that their team is somehow going to defy all odds and put a great season together. They are called homers or extreme optimists.

Well I shouldn't say every single team...there ARE lions fans out there still, and I don't think even the dumbest and most homer-tastic of those people predict anything but a losing season for their team.

This just in: 2 random, retarded Cowboys fans have delusions about how good their team is going to be, and are full of wishful thinking.

This just in: a large portion of NFL fans of every single team share the same crazy opinions that their team is somehow going to defy all odds and put a great season together. They are called homers or extreme optimists.

Well I shouldn't say every single team...there ARE lions fans out there still, and I don't think even the dumbest and most homer-tastic of those people predict anything but a losing season for their team.

As a Nats fan, I feel for them.

All this hoopla about two blogs ?

For all we know the OP created the blogs just to knock them.

Hell the first blog mispelled Witten's name !

Let me know when the real articles start coming out.

You could aways go to your archives of last year and have some private time.

Hell there were Lions PLAYERS saying 10-6 last year. See Jon Kitna. :laugh:

That being said, they have to make the playoffs this year to actually win a game.....and they might be at the bottom of the Division.

All this hoopla about two blogs ?

For all we know the OP created the blogs just to knock them.

Hell the first blog mispelled Witten's name !

Let me know when the real articles start coming out.

Well, then you won't have any trouble saying the pukes will suck this year, will you.

Waiting.

If the Cowboys stay healthy, i don't see why they can't be as good as they were last year. They got Brooking and let go R.Williams. Felix will be back. Ware is a beast.

Yup. "BEAST". Most over used adjective in ATN when one has NUTHIN' to back up a description of an over-hyped, about-to-be over-PAYED LB on the pukes.

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

BEAST!

Wow! That really make me feel good.

Shallowness is a virtue.

BEAST!