Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is TO a changed man?

Passizle

It's like reality television, the producer behind the scene is going to "script" the story line to say what he wants, which is not likely to be a very accurate depiction of what actaully happened.....

Yeah, you're right. American Chopper, anyone? I remember seeing the Teutuls recalling how upset they were upon seeing the pilot and finding out how much of their arguing was included in the show. Things worked out for them after they realized how popular their arguing became. I'm predicting a slightly different outcome in T.O.'s case...

If by "changed man" you mean he won't be putting up his usual 70-80 receptions, 1200 yards and 10-14 TDs, then yeah, that would be different.

~Bang

I don't think anybody denies his talent Bang. I agree he's a physical specimen who's a hell of a receiver, potentially a HOFer with the stats he's put up. His problem is that he can't keep his mouth shut, and he causes problems for the team he plays for when things go sour or when he doesn't get his way.

I don't think anybody denies his talent Bang. I agree he's a physical specimen who's a hell of a receiver, potentially a HOFer with the stats he's put up. His problem is that he can't keep his mouth shut, and he causes problems for the team he plays for when things go sour or when he doesn't get his way.

In all seriousness, can you show me one direct quote from TO while he was in Dallas that effectively makes him out to be the monster they pretend he is? A real quote, from his lips, with quotation marks around them, not some shady story from an anonymous source no one can corroborate except Ed Werder.

I can show you some great ones from their new WR Roy Williams that are five hundred times more damning of the Cowboys and their mayonnaise offensive coordinator than anything attributed to TO.

Spotlight hog, diva, whatever. Touchdown maker. Is there a quote out there in which he says "I am not getting the ball enough": or is it his usual line of "When I get the ball more, we win." They have different meanings, and while I've heard him say the latter plenty of times, I don't think I've heard him actually say the former in Dallas. The things he says are blown up out of proportion so much, it makes him to focus of firestorms that don't really exist. Seriously, when you read some of the caustic things Williams, Greg Ellis and Terrence Newman have actually said in the last few months and compare it to the things TO has actually said in the last three years, it's not even close.

Jerry Jones cut his best offensive player to coddle a streaky quarterback and an unimaginative offensive coordinator who made said player the scapegoat for their failures. I wonder who gets cut next offseason?

~Bang

Andre Johnson>Larry Fitzgerald>Randy Moss>Steve Smith>T.O. imo. TO is still an incredible talent.

I don't he's changed much though. Pretty much the same wherever he goes. Good behavior at first. I think the media certainly sensationalizes what he does and makes it more than what it is..but his antics and attention whoring can wear on some.

In all seriousness, can you show me one direct quote from TO while he was in Dallas that effectively makes him out to be the monster they pretend he is? A real quote, from his lips, with quotation marks around them, not some shady story from an anonymous source no one can corroborate except Ed Werder.

I can show you some great ones from their new WR Roy Williams that are five hundred times more damning of the Cowboys and their mayonnaise offensive coordinator than anything attributed to TO.

Spotlight hog, diva, whatever. Touchdown maker. Is there a quote out there in which he says "I am not getting the ball enough": or is it his usual line of "When I get the ball more, we win." They have different meanings, and while I've heard him say the latter plenty of times, I don't think I've heard him actually say the former in Dallas. The things he says are blown up out of proportion so much, it makes him to focus of firestorms that don't really exist. Seriously, when you read some of the caustic things Williams, Greg Ellis and Terrence Newman have actually said in the last few months and compare it to the things TO has actually said in the last three years, it's not even close.

Jerry Jones cut his best offensive player to coddle a streaky quarterback and an unimaginative offensive coordinator who made said player the scapegoat for their failures. I wonder who gets cut next offseason?

~Bang

The quotes that have made it to the public are the typical things we've heard him say, like “And I told him my name isn't Reid. My name is Owens. I'm not one of his kids. Don't tell me to shut up” or "I love me some me" or "I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl" or anything like that. But I think what hurts him and makes him out to be the target is in the way he puts himself out there. He draws attention to himself and is a showboater, like Chad Johnson or many other players. But the difference that I've noticed is that at every team he's been with, he's shown to have the mentality that he's bigger than the team and it's never been his fault.

I'm not denying the impact he has on a team. He's a great receiver and is still a great offensive weapon, despite his age, and the Cowboys got weaker offensively when they released him. The difference between Owens and a guy like Ellis or Roy Williams is that he has a long history of acting in this manner with every team he's been with. If Owens had an isolated incident or two of acting this way, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But he's done this over and over again with each of the three teams he's been with, and there's no reason to think he won't act this way at some point in Buffalo.

My question is though, if Owens doesn't really do all the damage he's accused of doing, then why is all the attention on him? Why haven't guys like Johnson or even guys like Clinton Portis been villainized the way he has been?

My question is though, if Owens doesn't really do all the damage he's accused of doing, then why is all the attention on him? Why haven't guys like Johnson or even guys like Clinton Portis been villainized the way he has been?

I absolutely agree with you on the fact that Owens does bring alot of attention to himself, but a part of it could be that the Eagles and Cowboys are generally in the spotlight alot more than the Bungals and the Redskins.

you mean like when he ****ed after the Skins loss, he didn't have enough balls thrown his way despite having almost 20 passes thrown to him?

or maybe when he and the other WR went to Garrett saying Romo sits to pee & Witten where having "secret" meetings to write up their own plays? then when caught, and it went public, he accuse the media of lying, since proved the media was telling the truth.

OR the "tour de TO" act, to challenge Parcells' authority?

the only thing TO has changed is the team jeresy.

I don't think it's the media quotes that really get him run out of town. I think it's truly just the distraction and the polarization he brings. He's insecure, paranoid, and actually treacherous. His own psyche forces him to lash out at teammates and coaches. It's just not cool to have him around for more than a season.

I think it's truly just the distraction and the polarization he brings. He's insecure, paranoid, and actually treacherous. His own psyche forces him to lash out... It's just not cool to have him around for more than a season.

Sorta like Westbrook36.

:hysterical:

I absolutely agree with you on the fact that Owens does bring alot of attention to himself, but a part of it could be that the Eagles and Cowboys are generally in the spotlight alot more than the Bungals and the Redskins.

Right I keep hearing about the Eagles, no wait, I don't.

Archived