Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley is the next John Riggins

jrockster21

I love this guy...my favorite Redskin by far.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Cheers-and-Jeers/A-quality-Cooley-quote-never-disappoints.html

In an interview on SI.com talking about an athlete's life on the road, Cooley related a story from his rookie season:

"We were playing in Denver during my second season and I was trying to fit in with all the guys. So, Cory Raymer had an entire backpack full of mini bottles of Jack Daniels. So we got into a drinking contest on the bus. The next day I found 13 or 14 of those bottles, empty, in my bag. And this was just on the bus to the airport after a game. Before we even took off, I'm conducting the pre-flight announcements. Twenty minutes into the plane ride I'm on the floor in the aisle eating out of an applesauce container. Needless to say, I had a visit with the head coach [Joe Gibbs] the next morning."

click link for full article.

Or, both drunk and making a scene in front of the team and Joe Gibbs. Why you gotta make it a white thing?

Would the story have a different tone if it was, say, Randy Thomas and Santana Moss, with Santana Moss lying drunk on the floor of the airplane?

I don't know... food for thought.

Cooley's young and strong and stays in shape. Perhaps he can handle the excess drinking now. That stuff can catch up with you in the long run though. I hope that as he matures, he lays off the drinking some. It's shortened careers, and ruined some.

Would the story have a different tone if it was, say, Randy Thomas and Santana Moss, with Santana Moss lying drunk on the floor of the airplane?

I don't know... food for thought.

Cooley's young and strong and stays in shape. Perhaps he can handle the excess drinking now. That stuff can catch up with you in the long run though. I hope that as he matures, he lays off the drinking some. It's shortened careers, and ruined some.

Cooley also already has an "out-there" personality, similar to Riggins. Moss would not have fit, as he is very quiet and doesn't have a blog chronicling his oddities. Randy maybe, because he's fun and outgoing, however most of his shenanigans involve eating. LOL.

Now if it were Portis, then YES.

Sonny drinks in the booth when calling these games....

No he doesn't. He doesn't drink at all. I've been out with him several times. Never a sip of alcohol. He's an alcoholic in recovery.

Though sworn to secrecy as to who, there were several occassions last season I had to drive guys to the store for a bottle of something for the way home :).

Well Jansen had the onsite RV and have you seen the bags under Rabach's eyes? If I was a bettting man.... :D

I will give you Skins this guy, he's a great player, and I'm sure a good locker room guy as well. I saw a thing on him this weekend on NFL network about him going into acting, he seemed pretty comfortable on camera. Of all of your players, I think he is the one I could tolerate the most.

I will give you Skins this guy, he's a great player, and I'm sure a good locker room guy as well. I saw a thing on him this weekend on NFL network about him going into acting, he seemed pretty comfortable on camera. Of all of your players, I think he is the one I could tolerate the most.

15. Please maintain respectable size signatures within the limitations set herein.

Maintaining reasonable size signatures minimizes the amount of load time needed to access a given page. Furthermore, it reduces the amount of excessive scrolling required of users perusing threads. Signatures should not exceed 550 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height. These dimensions are not a guideline, they are a rule. It is the standard dimension for the entire signature size a member can use. Regardless of the quantity of photos posted, the sum area of all the photos must not exceed the stated size limitations. In addition, signatures should not contain any more than 10 lines of text. The sum total of the height (ie. 200 pixels) INCLUDES text or any combination of images and text.

Hello there :)

Though sworn to secrecy as to who, there were several occassions last season I had to drive guys to the store for a bottle of something for the way home :).
No he doesn't. He doesn't drink at all. I've been out with him several times. Never a sip of alcohol. He's an alcoholic in recovery.

You're my hero, Art. :D

Did someone fart?

:dallasuck

:silly:

Archived