Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Education really is in a state of decline...

Ghost of

because while working full-time in a job often involving hours of eye-destroying strain looking at a computer screen, I was able to take five classes (14.5 credits) and get all As.

I PWN Community College Dean's Lists!

Too bad they don't have something special for a straight 4.0...:(

Uh yeah, so there's my AA (to finish requirements, as I begin my transition to Iowa this summer...um, tomorrow actually, technically) in the bag---I guess the PhD isn't far off! :P

First off, congrats. Secondly, I found that education got easier the older I got. Why? I was more focused and cared more. When you give something value it makes a real difference regardless of level or age. For me, I got better grades in grad school than I did in college and better grades in undergrad than I did in high school.

I got smarter as I lost neurons.

Burgy,

That’s exactly what I’ve been noticing. Now, don’t get me wrong, if I had to take Physics, Chemistry and Calc II, this would not have happened but I never would have taken such a heavy course load while working if I didn’t think I could plan out large, sustained bursts of working on assignments, tests, etc.

I agree, though, that my focus is superior now. I really look bad now with some sadness because it’s not like my days at Michigan were filled with partying and banging everything that moved (there was a little but not enough to distract someone who was focused.) Oh well, I’m on a better path now. I hope to work on grad school applications, SOMEHOW, during this year.

because while working full-time in a job often involving hours of eye-destroying strain looking at a computer screen, I was able to take five classes (14.5 credits) and get all As.

And while spending hours a day on ES. :)

I'm in the same boat. I was a total slacker back in the day, but my most recent run at community college courses have resulted in A's across the board. (I just finished a semester taking four classes, which I never thought I could do with all of my job/family commitments.)

I think Burgold is on the money...I don't thinks school has gotten easier, and I don't think we have gotten "smarter". But we are older and more mature and can focus a little more.

Archived