Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20 year wait for Season Tickets?

MarkB452

Actually it's exactly $70.40 since $64 plus 10% tax is $70.40. If you want to add the $25 shipping handling fee into the ticket price, that would bump it up some.

OK....no one likes a know-it-all. :rolleyes: You don't need to correct answers that are off by $1.00 or less.....:nutkick:

:evilg:

It is no myth.

Back in the early 90's the Redskins transferred the waiting list from index cards to the computer and like MTH said they got "shuffled" :rolleyes: somehow and I went from 3000 something to 9000 something on the list.

I was one pissed off MF'er when I found that out.

All you missed was a whole lotta losing and Norv looking helpless on the sidelines.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to make sense of this all. On Monday I received an e-mail from "Coach Jim Zorn" that said, "As Coach of your Washington Redskins, I want to personally give you the GOOD NEWS! You’ve made it! You can now have season tickets in your own name!

Join me at FedExField in 2009 for the experience of a lifetime!" There is a link to a Zorn video and my account name, number, and PIN is in the e-mail.

Then today I receive what looks like a form letter addressed to me with a return envelope to The Washington Redskins, PO Box 6938, Largo, MD 20797-9202. The letter says "CONGRATULATIONS! The most valuable ticket is now yours! With over 200,000 fans on the waitlist behind you ..."

Now I recall putting my name on the waitlist around 1997/1998. Are both the e-mail and letter legimate offers for regular seats or just premium seats? Both request a deposit of $100 seat.

I'm confused.

Forgot to mention - On the back of the letter form, Section 2 says "Choose the number of seats you would like:" and Section 3 says, "Let us know if you are interested in Club Level seating options:" with a checkbox "Please call me, I am interested in Club Level seating options."

I am trying to make sense of this all. On Monday I received an e-mail from "Coach Jim Zorn" that said, "As Coach of your Washington Redskins, I want to personally give you the GOOD NEWS! You’ve made it! You can now have season tickets in your own name!

Join me at FedExField in 2009 for the experience of a lifetime!" There is a link to a Zorn video and my account name, number, and PIN is in the e-mail.

Then today I receive what looks like a form letter addressed to me with a return envelope to The Washington Redskins, PO Box 6938, Largo, MD 20797-9202. The letter says "CONGRATULATIONS! The most valuable ticket is now yours! With over 200,000 fans on the waitlist behind you ..."

Now I recall putting my name on the waitlist around 1997/1998. Are both the e-mail and letter legimate offers for regular seats or just premium seats? Both request a deposit of $100 seat.

I'm confused.

Pickup the phone and call the ticket office if you are not sure.

Based on what others have described in other threads (my son got the same email you did), it sounds like you are being offered an opportunity to purchase general admission season tickets. But they are first come first serve. the longer you wait to send in your deposit, the less likely it is you will get tickets this year. The Redskins now require a $100 deposit for each seat you want to reserve. You will get your seat assignment in July once they have completed all STH seat upgrades and know where the empty seats will be. Normally, the seats are in the top 5 rows of the upper deck.

Based on what happened last year, IF you send your deposit in and there are no seats for you, the Skins will offer to hold the deposit to guarantee seats next year or offer to refund your deposit, and you would have to send it in again next year.

Herndon, huh? I went to school at Herndon Intermediate and High School....about a bazillion years ago....:)

Czaban posted this on his site today:

What's the difference between the Redskins "200,000 person" season ticket waiting list and Bigfoot?

There's at least grainy footage of Bigfoot.

The fact that the Redskins continue to claim that 200,000 people are ready and waiting to plunk down $$$ to gain access to the worst game day experience in the NFL (forget the product on the field, that's a whole 'nother story) is amazing.

It's simply not true. Can't be. The evidence is now becoming an avalanche.

First, a few anecdotes.

1. I've been sent 3 (count 'em, THREE!) separate "Congrats, you've made it to the top of the waiting list" letters this off-season. This, after I "Congrats, you've made it to the top of the waiting list" did the same thing last spring, and turned down the tickets. I was offered the very limited chance to buy no more than EIGHT season tickets.

2. My colleage Andy Pollie (Andy Pollie!) recently received a glorious, heavy matte, tri-fold marketing piece offering him season tickets as part of an "enhanced" VIP status at Redskin park. Full color printing, it was a very nice piece of work! Expensive! Andy never requested anything like this. He was just in the right ZIP CODE (read: rich!) for the Skins marketing air drop. He too, could "only" buy 8 tickets. He declined. But my god, you should see this printed piece they sent blindly out to people. Gorgeous!

3. Stories like this keep rolling into my inbox....

Czabe,

Hope all is well old friend. We were on the Redskin ticket waiting list for years, at number 50,000+ at one point. When the team moved out of RFK our hopes and dreams were realized and I was able to finally buy 2 season tickets in the upper level - nothing special, just 2 seats in the upper level where I could enjoy a few games a year with a friend or one of my kids. Hooray!! Except the return on the investment quickly deteriorated and after a couple seasons we decided to not renew the coveted season tickets.

Well, I just got in the mail the attached "We want you back!" solicitation asking me to re-purchase my season tickets in the same section I had them originally. Do you see the disconnect here? I had tickets and DELIBERATELY gave them up. Supposedly there are tens of thousands of people still on the waiting list. They actually WANT to buy tickets! Were they offered the chance to buy run-of-the-mill upper level seats and already said no? The Redskin season ticket waiting list is nothing but a farce, a media/marketing fabrication trying to drum up interest (read: internet and viral marketing eyeballs) that has little to do with actually selling tickets and filling the stadium.

I have some other observations:

1) I went to the Redskins web site to see if they indicated the size of the waiting list and couldn't find anything. But they did have a promotional video showing crazy fans in the stands who I would HATE TO BE AROUND if I was actually at the stadium.

2) The offer includes a parking pass priced at more than 50% of the individual ticket price (season ticket = $64 per game, parking = $35 per game)

3) There is a $25 handling fee which seems to provide no value whatsoever, except to Mr. Snyder

4) Gotta love that PG County "Admission and Amusement Tax" of 10% per ticket.

There are 10 games per season, but 2 are pre-season and no one attends those but the mail room guy and his drunk buddies. So I would have to pay almost $1,800 for 8 regular season games. That's $225 per game for the privilege of driving an hour and a half each way, parking a mile from the stadium, sitting in 2 seats surrounded by drunk foul-mouthed fans (unless the other team's fans show up instead, which is even worse). Don't get me started on the cost of beer, flat sodas, and cold hot dogs when the ketchup runs out by the middle of the second quarter. And of course there is no scoreboard info to follow fantasy football either.

The man-cave in the basement is underrated. My wife makes an awesome artichoke dip, with hot wings or burgers ready for dinner, and the boys and I can throw the football in the back yard at halftime.

It's nice Mr. Snyder wants me back, but I want no part of him or the stadium.

See ya soon,

Tom

And the exodus continues. I'm not even sure that winning, and winning BIG will solve it.

Hey Horatio,

Glad you hate the Redskins. Some of us happen to like attending the game and rooting for OUR team.

If you hate the Skins so much, why are you on this board? Go somewhere and tweet your opinions where they can be ignored.

I don't think Horatio was necessarily posting his own opinion, but what Czabe posted on his blog.

While the game-day experience can be improved, there are certainly people who make too much out of some things. I do think $35 to park is a bit much, but if you don't want to pay it, take Metro, if you're able to walk that distance. Food and drink is also too expensive, but then you eat before the game. Traffic too much? Well, can't help you there, but anyone who thinks if you go to an event with 90K plus people and aren't going to experience some traffic is living in fantasyland.

Czabe does makes himself look bad when he posts some of these whiny stories. Last year he posted the story of some guy who had difficulty in finding a parking space despite the fact he left his house at like 7:30 for the Pittsburgh MNF game and then had to sit next to--gasp!--a guy dressed head-to-toe in Redskins stuff who was cheering! Oh the horror!

Forgot to mention - On the back of the letter form, Section 2 says "Choose the number of seats you would like:" and Section 3 says, "Let us know if you are interested in Club Level seating options:" with a checkbox "Please call me, I am interested in Club Level seating options."

They are for General Admission Seats. If you pay the $100 deposit, you will get row 28/29 in the upper deck when seats are doled out.

I got 3 invitations in the mail this year and 2 emails. MAYBE if I could select my seats I would consider, but I don't care for row 28 corners.

I don't think Horatio was necessarily posting his own opinion, but what Czabe posted on his blog.

While the game-day experience can be improved, there are certainly people who make too much out of some things. I do think $35 to park is a bit much, but if you don't want to pay it, take Metro, if you're able to walk that distance. Food and drink is also too expensive, but then you eat before the game. Traffic too much? Well, can't help you there, but anyone who thinks if you go to an event with 90K plus people and aren't going to experience some traffic is living in fantasyland.

Czabe does makes himself look bad when he posts some of these whiny stories. Last year he posted the story of some guy who had difficulty in finding a parking space despite the fact he left his house at like 7:30 for the Pittsburgh MNF game and then had to sit next to--gasp!--a guy dressed head-to-toe in Redskins stuff who was cheering! Oh the horror!

You may be right. But then why quote the entire blog posting unless you agree.

My gripe with these things is that no one is forcing anyone to pay to attend the games. If the cost to value ratio is too high, then do not go. But don't come on a fan message board just to complain excessively. Voicing your opinion is one thing; ranting about it is another.

As to the cost....the cost of attending the Skins games is comparable to what it costs to attend NFL games in other large metro cities....tickets....parking ....beer ....hot dogs....etc. Fans in other cities with large highly paid fan bases generally face the same prices or close to it.

I sat in front of a TV watching the Skins for 35 years. I happen to enjoy watching 8 home games each year in person.

And for the record Czabe is an idiot and a two face one at that.

I'll comment on the price of parking.

I used to think the cost of parking was excessive.

But think about it.

What you're over-looking is how little the stadium is used during a typical year. There are 365 days in a year. How many of those days is the stadium used? If you consider that, the price of parking suddenly begins to make sense.

This begins to explain the high price of parking.

Take me for example.

I go to every game. I have a green pass. I arrive early for every game. I am first in line for every game. I park in the very same spot every single game.

Basically, I own that spot. That land between the lines is mine. It's my land, it's my real estate. I own it. I'm the only one that parks there. Nobody else. Just me. It's my spot. You may as well put my name on it because it's mine, plain and simple. The asphalt, the pebbles, the paint of the lines, the dirt underneath - it all belongs to me.

So at 350 bucks a year, is that excessive? Is it excessive to pay that much to own land within a stone's throw of one of only 32 NFL stadiums in the entire nation?

Probably not.

>> So at 350 bucks a year, is that excessive? Is it excessive to pay that much to own land within a stone's throw of one of only 32 NFL stadiums in the entire nation?

Of course, some guy in a vest and holding a red flag won't let you get to that piece of land until 4 hrs before kickoff.... ;)

The fact that green season passes can be resold on Ebay/Stubhub for more than their face value shows how much SOME people value these.

I took Metro from Springfield to Morgan Blvd and found that route took about an extra hr each way vs. driving (plus tailgating was difficult at best). For me (and anybody riding with me to a game), regaining 2 hrs of your time on a weekend is worth the extra cost of driving/parking.

Archived