Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20 year wait for Season Tickets?

MarkB452

someone please pass this article on to the moron programming director at FOX in greenville who tried to tell me that the falcons have a much stronger fan base than the redskins and refused to believe me when i said this was redskins country long before the panthers came to town. then proceeded to screw skins fans over 3x during the season by showing falcons games over redskins games (skins-eagles 2x) when the panthers werent playing the early game.

and looks like we know who to hook up with to tailgate when the skins play in charlotte this season.

I put myself on the waitlist in 2006 and got the letter via e-mail in 2008.

I read another post on here that said that the ticket office prioritizes the waiting list by zipcode and that makes sense to me.

There was a story once that they used to keep waiting list names on index cards and somebody dropped the cards and they spilled all over the floor. When they picked them up, the cards got shuffled, so everybody's place on the list got screwed up.
Mark's story is killing me and I completely believe it. Index cards!? Aren't we in the digital age?

The season ticket waiting list should be guarded like an original copy of the Constitution! This FO cracks me up. Index cards.

Mark's story is killing me and I completely believe it. Index cards!? Aren't we in the digital age?

The season ticket waiting list should be guarded like an original copy of the Constitution! This FO cracks me up. Index cards.

I believe the story goes it happened in the 1980s or 1990s; back in the day when lots of stuff was managed in such a way...not just the Redskins ticket list. Can't even blame Danny for it if it is true....

I still wonder whether this is an internet myth...but it's fun to tell the newbies every few years :D

My grandfather put me on the list when I was born. I got my tickets in 2001.

Section 442, row 29.

Fast forward to to 2009, im in section 442, row 13.

I have 2 tickets. They are $44 each. I finally got the green passes last year.

I have sat in those seats maybe 5 times since I got them. I buy them so I am sure to have playoff tickets at a decent price.

If I dont get free tickets through work, I usually just buy them at the game for a steal.

My best friend signed up Spurriers first year, and just got them this year. He is in my same section, last row, but pays over $60 bucks a ticket.

someone please pass this article on to the moron programming director at FOX in greenville who tried to tell me that the falcons have a much stronger fan base than the redskins and refused to believe me when i said this was redskins country long before the panthers came to town. then proceeded to screw skins fans over 3x during the season by showing falcons games over redskins games (skins-eagles 2x) when the panthers werent playing the early game.

and looks like we know who to hook up with to tailgate when the skins play in charlotte this season.

thats amazing the dir said that -->falcons have a stronger fan base

atl has horrid fans in all its pro sports. i recall visiting therre in the mid 90s when the braves were dominating and they couldnt sell out home games.

I believe the story goes it happened in the 1980s or 1990s; back in the day when lots of stuff was managed in such a way...not just the Redskins ticket list. Can't even blame Danny for it if it is true....

I still wonder whether this is an internet myth...but it's fun to tell the newbies every few years :D

It is no myth.

Back in the early 90's the Redskins transferred the waiting list from index cards to the computer and like MTH said they got "shuffled" :rolleyes: somehow and I went from 3000 something to 9000 something on the list.

I was one pissed off MF'er when I found that out.

Then when the Redskins came to an agreement to build the stadium in Pr. George's county, the county counsel wanted everyone that was from PG county that was on the list at that time to be put in front of the list, so I got bumped back further because I lived in Frederick county.

Talk about getting screwed TWICE.

I should have had my tickets when FedEx Field opened (JKC Stadium back then), but I had to wait 4 more years because of all this.

No doubt. I switched from DirecTv to Dish this year so I don't have the football package anymore. I really need the falcons to be terrible or for that guy to see the light!

I have 2 tickets. They are $44 each.

My best friend signed up Spurriers first year, and just got them this year. He is in my same section, last row, but pays over $60 bucks a ticket.

How does that work? You're in row 13, paying $44 / ticket and a new STH pays over $60 / ticket in the last row of the same section?

I read another post on here that said that the ticket office prioritizes the waiting list by zipcode and that makes sense to me.

that wouldn't surprise me at all. i was on the waitlist for about 7-8 years (i think). the first 7 or so was when i lived in socal. as soon as i updated my info during the 07-08 season, i got the letter for the following season GA tickets. not a coincidence in my mind.

My grandfather put me on the list when I was born. I got my tickets in 2001.

Section 442, row 29.

I have 2 tickets. They are $44 each. I finally got the green passes last year.

How does that work? You're in row 13, paying $44 / ticket and a new STH pays over $60 / ticket in the last row of the same section?
He is mistaken. He USED to pay $44 plus tax. Now he pays $64 plus tax.

Also FYI: Re upperdeck prices, the tix down low in the endzone and the tix up high on the sidelines are the same price.

He is mistaken. He USED to pay $44 plus tax. Now he pays $64 plus tax.

Also FYI: Re upperdeck prices, the tix down low in the endzone and the tix up high on the sidelines are the same price.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark. :cheers:

I put my 5 year old on the list within a few months of his birth. I'm not certain of the exact date, but I'd estimate fall of 2003 as he was born in July. He got his notification this spring. I put my 9 year old on the list when he was two and he was notified last year and again this year when I didn't respond. I didn't renew my seats this year for financial reasons and was contacted within the past month with another chance to renew.

Hahaha, I put my name on the list a few months ago for ****'s and giggles....I got called about 2 weeks later. I didn't buy the tickets.

You were called for Premium Seating not General Admission. This is SOP for almost any ticket office on the face of the planet that offers premium seating.

Hahaha, I put my name on the list a few months ago for ****'s and giggles....I got called about 2 weeks later. I didn't buy the tickets.
People need to qualify what they were offered. A lot of people get offered club seats or some other premium seating that requires purchasing tailgate tickets or touchdown club tickets within a few years of joining the waiting list.

What we are talking about are plain old general admission tickets in the lower or upper deck that does not require purchasing any other premium ticket.

Edit: Shoot - CK beat me by a few secs :silly:

You were called for Premium Seating not General Admission. This is SOP for almost any ticket office on the face of the planet that offers premium seating.

There weren't any details left the voicemail that I had received so I had no idea what they were offering me. I didn't call 'em back to get any information, I had no intentions of getting season tickets and I was shocked they called me back so quickly.

There weren't any details left the voicemail that I had received so I had no idea what they were offering me. I didn't call 'em back to get any information, I had no intentions of getting season tickets and I was shocked they called me back so quickly.
You don't need details because CK and I just gave them to you. :)

Archived